Type 1 diabetes, helps weight

Siber_78's profile photo   10/10/2021 11:42 a.m.

Hello everyone, I always read you but I write little, I need your advice, 10 years ago I am type 1 diabetics, I have had my ups and downs I think like everyone else, but I am very full for mine things, I have the diabetes very controlled always very controlled, I did not spend anything at all, I assumed it from minute 1, and I do everything to stay like this, on the last visit to my endocrine he told me that I could not tell me anything, just congratulate me and that I continue like this, I have the glycocyled in 6, 8, it is not bad, but I do not get fat or kilo, I am 1.65 and weight 48, I do everything possible to gain weight without spending in the hydrates, but nothing, my doctor no longer knows what to tell me, I have tried everythingAnd it is impossible, this is happening to me in my daily life, I do not see myself well, I have had to change almost all my clothes, and at work I notice it enough, I am no longer the same, I would value your opinions much, no longer no longerI know what to do, greetings and thanks.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
10/10/2021 11:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Siber_78

I imagine that others will say: what envy!But of course the other extreme can also be very annoying.

I think there is thyroid tests that could indicate if there is something that makes your metabolism more accelerated than normal and do not accumulate any fat.The truth is that with 165 high a couple of kilos would be good for you.

You already know that excess carbohydrates, which are not spent, in most people become fat.You can try to increase carbohydrate intake, but of course that will mean more insulin and maybe some mismatch.You can also try to eat more fat regularly, not saturated, and see if you get fat.

But I would start with the endocrine and see the origin.Nor would it be good to try to gain weight create another problem.

Ah, also try muscles regularly.That could also help you.Even if you don't like it.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/10/2021 1:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much Jldiazdel, I thought of the shakes to increase, but my endocrine told me no, that they all carry a lot of sugar even if they say 0.0, I would even see hydrates to see if I do not dislike much, thank you.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
10/10/2021 1:37 p.m.

It happens to me the same, I find it hard to get weight but since I exercise more I have taken and I have the most slender body, not so thin and fofo.I would recommend that, exercise, both anaerobic and aerobic, with weight and without weight.And in the food it eats more nuts, kitchen with more fat and turn all extra virgin olive oil.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/13/2021 9:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I was going to tell you that maybe doing some musculature ...
If your Constitution is to be thin unless you have a processed food (something you are not going to do, hahaha) then ...
I could upside down.It was thin, normal, going.But so much insu, thyroidism ... Not at most, I am not obese either ... but with diabetes you can't do crazy things (both to gain weight and lose weight).
It sounds topical but the best thing is that you values ​​how you are.Surely you are beautiful!We are always the most critical of ourselves!
Cheer up!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/13/2021 9:37 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Thanks Silvia, I'm really a bit perfectionist, but this thinness is too much, I'll try everything, thanks.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
10/13/2021 10:22 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
The same happens to me, it is hard for me to take weight but since I exercise more I have taken and I have the most slender body, not so thin and fofo.I would recommend that, exercise, both anaerobic and aerobic, with weight and without weight.And in the food it eats more nuts, kitchen with more fat and turn all extra virgin olive oil.

The olive oil had also told me, the nuts rise a little, but I continue with them between hours

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
10/13/2021 10:25 p.m.

Good, I really have always been very thin and I have treated my whole life to take something of passage without result.When I debuted three years ago with DT1 I lost more weight with what I self -looked and the comments, which I have always had some of some reckless, multiplied.
For a year, I have more controlled, 6.3 in the last one (although I have had it more or less controlled from the beginning), I make more musculation and less aerobic, some swimming or a little tape but without happening,I have increased some muscle and weight and this summer they told me that they saw me very well.
I, as it is quite well, is constitution and point, is not a matter of swelling

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
10/18/2021 8:31 a.m.

Javiertierno said:
good, I really have been very thin and I have treated my whole life to take something of passage without result.When I debuted three years ago with DT1 I lost more weight with what I self -looked and the comments, which I have always had some of some reckless, multiplied.
For a year, I have more controlled, 6.3 in the last one (although I have had it more or less controlled from the beginning), I make more musculation and less aerobic, some swimming or a little tape but without happening,I have increased some muscle and weight and this summer they told me that they saw me very well.

I will have to take more seriously about the bodybuilding, to see how it is going, thanks.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
10/18/2021 7:01 p.m.

siber_78 said:
Javiertierno said:
good, I really have been very thin and I have treated all my life to take something of passage without result.When I debuted three years ago with DT1 I lost more weight with what I self -looked and the comments, which I have always had some of some reckless, multiplied.

I will have to take more seriously about the muscles, to see how it is going, thanks.

I really are the only way that could increase something, good control avoiding many declines, some musculation, not too aerobic ... The bad thing about this is that it is necessary to have time or look for it because it can also be done at home.If not, then nothing, get to the idea of ​​what is there and feel good

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
10/20/2021 10:12 a.m.

Javiertierno said:
siber_78 said:
Javiertierno said:
Javiertierno said:
good, I really have always been very thin andI have treated my whole life to take something of passage without result.When I debuted three years ago with DT1 I lost more weight with what I self -looked and the comments, which I have always had some of some reckless, multiplied.

I will have to take more seriously about the muscles, to see how it is going, thanks.

I really are the only way that could increase something, good control avoiding many declines, some musculation, not too aerobic ... The bad thing about this is that it is necessary to have time or look for it because it can also be done at home.If not, then nothing, get to the idea of ​​what is there and feel good

That is the problem, that you do not feel good about, in short, for trying it will not be left, thanks.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
10/20/2021 2:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.