My brief history with diabetes 2

ANGIE2000's profile photo   10/16/2021 6:46 a.m.

Hello, I tell you my experience.

In January of this year I had to do some general analyzes, in general everything went well, except the glucose that came out.

Of 186 but bad memory.

In that Entnces she was a 30 -year -old woman with a weight of 85 kg, I think she was in grade II obesity, but without symptoms beyond tiredness and vomit from time to time.No direct history of diabetes by my parents.

The doctor considers that I was in weight, but nothing exaggerated, I send me a hemoglobin and left 7.4.

I went with a general doctor with studies in hand, the first was a gynecologist and it was not his specialty and he told me that my symptomatology did not square inside type I diabetes and we would try with diet, exercise and metformin.

I send me two metformin pills of 850, tomorrow and night.

Because of family problems I could not see it as regularly as I would like, but I kept taking my medicine, decreased carbohydrates, eliminated soft drinks and juices and made a couple of changes.It was not especially sweet and although it cost me a little, I overcome it gracefully, hehehe.I also exercised and from time to time I like it because I am 30 years old and well, this goes long and is a race of distance, before intensity.I monitor my glucose once a week on an empty stomach (I know that it should be more, but I have no symptoms) and never leaves more than 110, or less than 70, but I do not trust the glucometer and in general I feel good.

The dose of metformin decreased to an 850 pill most of the days and a couple of days ago I made a diabetic profile in the laboratory.

Diabetes came out fasting in 92.
And hemoglobin 5.3.
Lower 13 kilos.

I have achieved this in approximately nine months.
I have heard the theory that diabetes can be reversed if it is detected in time and losses, but I do not want to blind myself to reality and I am aware that the day comes when I must inject myself.

And well, did I want to know if this advance is good, bad or average?

I must go with an endocrinologist, but I see a neurologist for a separate problem that I have and I do not want to live tied to appointments as soon (in the future I may not be option), but I stay informed about diabetes and everythingwhat it implies.

Thanks for reading me, greetings ...

ANGIE2000's profile photo
ANGIE2000
10/16/2021 6:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning and congratulations.That loss of that and that glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.3 with only metformin is a very good result.So you know what you have to do, continue like this.
Do not obsess that in the long run you will have to click because if your diabetes is associated with excess weight, poor nutrition and sedentary activity, those 3 things can be so many years old, with a pill and point.
The important thing is that you do not leave.As you say this is a background and does not give symptoms, so it is easy for us to forget the importance of taking care of us.
Keep it up and everything will do well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/16/2021 10:09 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

More than 15 years I have been with the 2 controlled with metformin, and glycos of 6.1, yes feeding well and sport.Do not obsess.

speedy1967's profile photo
speedy1967
10/19/2021 9:25 a.m.

LADA con insulina abasaglar + Ristfor con sensor, Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.