Toujeo 300 u/ml does not work?

Chibetogdl's profile photo   10/20/2021 2:25 a.m.

Hello, I write why I have a question, I am currently injecting with tougic insulin 300 u/ml I carry 5 followed, previously I was injected with 100 U/ml during the previous month, which supplied little effect

Since July of this year I have the uncontrolled sugar, I am handling 180 levels on an emrySeptember I started with the insulins commented above, but the same, it has only lowered a little, although I have lost more than 30kgs and my diet limits fruits, vegetables and meat with little fat and there is no progress

My question is, will it not use the correct insulin (both are long action)?Or the incorrect dose?I put 20 units a day or will I have resistance?

Thanks for your answers and greetings

Chibetogdl's profile photo
Chibetogdl
10/20/2021 2:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Talk to your endocrine.It is important that you make you analytics and determine how much pancreatic reserve you have and if you need insulin for each meal since the basal does not cover you.

I suppose that as you have lost it would be overweight and your doctor thought it was type 2 diabetes, but as I tell you, without the corresponding analytics you cannot determine your type of diabetes and you may be type 1 lad and you need insulin for each meal, in additionof the Basdal.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/20/2021 9:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

A bad glycemic control causes you to lose weight at least in my case with 7.8 glycos lost a barbarity is one of the symptoms of spending a long time in hyper

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/20/2021 12:08 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

ruthbia said:
Talk to your endocrine.It is important that you make you analytics and determine how much pancreatic reserve you have and if you need insulin for each meal since the basal does not cover you.

I suppose that as you have lost it would be overweight and your doctor thought it was type 2 diabetes, but as I tell you, without the corresponding analytics you cannot determine your type of diabetes and you may be type 1 lad and you need insulin for each meal, in additionof the Basdal.

It can also be type 2 but if it has the pancreas exhausted or almost, also need slow and fast.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/20/2021 11:10 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:

Hello, yes, I was overweight, it goes from 140 to 110 kgs currentof weeks, today I have been putting it and the progress is very little

Maybe as @isabelbota comments I no longer have insulin reservations, I have an appointment with my endocrine?that sugar down or be controlled after a long time in treatment?

Thanks for your answers to all

Chibetogdl's profile photo
Chibetogdl
10/21/2021 1:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

chibotogdl said:
ruthbia said:

Hello, yes, I was overweight, it goes from 140 to 110 kgs currentof weeks, today I have been putting it and the progress is very little

Maybe as @isabelbota comments I no longer have insulin reservations, I have an appointment with my endocrine?that sugar down or be controlled after a long time in treatment?

Thanks for your answers to all

What I am clear is that the treatment they have put you is not right for you.If putting from your part in meals and with physical activity you have lost a lot of weight and yet you give very high results, it is no longer your subject, it is that they have to put another treatment that does well.
My opinion is that if in two weeks there is no result, the treatment is not correct.Talk to your doctor/endocrine as soon as possible.It is very demoralizing making efforts and not seeing the result.
And then tell us.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/21/2021 3:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The truth is that in 5 weeks I should have reversed those values.The treatment is not adequate, for whatever, pancreas exhaustion, insulin resistance or other factors, you need to complement your treatment with rapid absorption insulin in meals.

I am an insulin -dependent and when it came out they put me insulin of both types.Reverti in 2 weeks and left the quick for a year because I had his own reservation and it was what lasted me more or less.I still generate reservations but in minimal quantities.

Ask him to measure the C peptide, but do not neglect the food and exercise;It is your life treatment, apart from medicines.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/21/2021 4:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.