After lunch

Likor42's profile photo   08/29/2021 6:17 p.m.

Hello good afternoon, I wanted to ask an issue.
It usually happens to me that after lunch, at 2 hours I have 95-100 but later by 18:00 I get to 140-150.There are other times that it does not rise to me and if it stays in the same value but the times that I get up I do not understand why.Any suggestion?
Thank you

Likor42's profile photo
Likor42
08/29/2021 6:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Likor42 said:
hello good afternoon, I wanted to ask an issue.
It usually happens to me that after lunch, at 2 hours I have 95-100 but later by 18:00 I get to 140-150.There are other times that it does not rise to me and if it stays in the same value but the times that I get up I do not understand why.Any suggestion?
Thanks

Hello, what kind of diabetes do you have?
The q at 6pm you are in that value, it is not something alarming;Maybe that day you say that it goes up is due to a greater intake of hydrates in the food.
The important thing is to be as long as possible in that range, but we are going that a figure of 140 is nothing worrying.
Do you use insulin?

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/29/2021 6:57 p.m.

I am type 1 diabetic, today for example it has happened to me eating chicken, it may be because of the chicken broth because chicken are not hydrates but I do not know, when as a pasta for example it does not happen to me but good

Likor42's profile photo
Likor42
08/29/2021 7:25 p.m.

@LIKOR42 It would be normal to happen to you when eating pasta and not protein.
This is commenting is in the afternoon, but sure that before dinner that figure has been maintained or has even dropped.
Do not try to go so the limit, I am sure that if I look now, at least 130 (I will do it before dinner).

If you want to be lower, try up the basal, because at that time that result is no longer usually of the rapid action.
I would not touch the slow one, but of course it is a thing of each one and what you think can be better

vanessa30
08/29/2021 7:44 p.m.

@LIKOR42 I just looked at me and I spend a photo of the result.
Call him chance, and I don't carry a sensor

vanessa30
08/29/2021 7:52 p.m.

What I have understood and at least happens to me is that the hydrates rise quickly to me, but the fats and proteins give me the beak from 3 hours, so that I consider it normal.
That is why it does not happen to you with the pasta.
In addition, the values ​​are within range.Don't worry.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/29/2021 11:11 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

As you have told you, there is a small peak at three hours for the proteins that ingested, the largest peak is given by the HC but if you eat proteins, depending on the amount, it can give you peak but much smaller.It is seen that the HC peak you have controlled.It already depends on the person, to me, unless I take a barbarity of protein, it does not rise me hard.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/30/2021 1:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.