Lantus dose

dt1Cdm's profile photo   09/08/2021 1:47 p.m.

Forgive Chikos but I have a question regarding the "x dose of the basal" the "x dose of the basal" that we put ourselves, once a day.They are linked to the "x dose of the rapid" ???that is to say if you have to add all the doses of the rapid.For example, a fast person is injected 6-4-3, then basal would have to be put, 13uds.Is so?It is that AMI only gave me the guideline of the "UDS of the basal" but they did not explain how VAT ,, or anything.

dt1Cdm's profile photo
dt1Cdm
09/08/2021 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@dt1cdm, because that sum can be an approach, but it is not always the case.
It depends on the basal that you wear you will need more or less.
You have to adapt the dose that does well, controlling above all the value when you wake up, without being low at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2021 1:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Fast to the day I put 6-8 units and slow 17. I do not get the accounts you make and I am well controlled.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/08/2021 3:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello DT1CDM,

Slow and rapid insulin are independent.From my point of view, look at the value with which you wake up in the morning and start you go there you adjust the slow insulin dose.

Example with traditional values ​​"in rank" (70-180).If, for example, you wake up in the morning in values ​​close to 70. I would rise progressively until you get the value with which you are dating.(For example I like something between 90-110).On the contrary, if you get up in values ​​around 140 you need slower.So I would progressively rise every day until you have a value that you are comfortable.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/08/2021 4:54 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

The calculation is made with your weight and constitution, it is the one that gives you the endocrine.
The reality is that it fits according to the glycemic value when waking up and during meals after passing the effect of the rapid.

Imagine that you wake up in 125 mg/dl and then between hours are between 80-140mg/dl, you would have the basal well.
But it also happens to wake up over 150 but for the day it is well, about 90. It is usually due to a heavy dinner, alba effect, in this case I do not play the basal so as not to enter hypoglycemia between hours, outside the effect ofThe rapid.
If you are high between meals (above 180) but you get up with good values, you would be missing fast insulin in meals.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/08/2021 6:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.