Germany

Leeef's profile photo   01/26/2022 12:04 p.m.

Good, we are considering the possibility of going to indefinite Germany (for work), the point is that here they finance the Dexcom for the girl, and wanted to know if someone has knowledge of how these things go there, the treatment in general.
Thank you very much

Leeef's profile photo
Leeef
01/26/2022 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It depends a little on your insurance
There is no social security here as in Spain.Everything works by boxes.A peculiar system.Each one covers one thing.If you have private insurance, which is the most expensive, you will have no problem.With other insurance I don't know.But in principle for what, dexcom, if an endocrine recommends it, the system accepts it.They are bound by law.You just need an endocrine to prescribe it.That's it.I don't think you have problems.Except those of adaptation to the beginning.Doctors etc. changes etc.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/26/2022 8:48 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
depends a little on your insurance
There is no social security here as in Spain.Everything works by boxes.A peculiar system.Each one covers one thing.If you have private insurance, which is the most expensive, you will have no problem.With other insurance I don't know.But in principle for what, dexcom, if an endocrine recommends it, the system accepts it.They are bound by law.You just need an endocrine to prescribe it.That's it.I don't think you have problems.Except those of adaptation to the beginning.Doctors etc. changes etc.

A question, insulin do you pay complete or a certain part?🙂

Leeef's profile photo
Leeef
01/26/2022 11:06 p.m.

Good, I live here for many years and my son debuted 3 months ago.The Krankenkasse are as medical insurers pay you everything.We received the MEDTRONIC 640 pump, the sensors, bolis, insulin.Everything without paying anything.But Find out before coming well, although I don't think there is any problem.Luck

xaleo's profile photo
xaleo
01/28/2022 1:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.