Questions

vanessa30's profile photo   01/26/2022 7:24 p.m.

I have a friend who has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but as in Social Security they do not want to send it to the endocrine, he has decided to go to his mutual.
Well my question is the following: that you have to ask you to look at you to know if it really is Type2?What issues you would do to you
Thank you

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/26/2022 7:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The same tests tell you if you are type 1 or 2, etc ... some results discard the other types of diabetes, anyway, who has diagnosed it and why type 2?I deduce what you have who has been the family doctor or a nurse as it has ever happened. If it really is type 2 to determine the treatment, look peptide C, insulin and proinsulin ..etc, this would tell him how the pancreas is. ButIf you are going for the private that starts at the beginning and does not take care of the diagnosis they have made

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/26/2022 8:05 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Alberto_13 There is and that is what I believe, that being the family doctor may not have worried about investigating

vanessa30
01/26/2022 8:55 p.m.

That sure, I will have seen hyperglycemia, what obesity and has already said this !!! ... this is type 2 and so pancho is so

Alberto_13
01/26/2022 8:58 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
that sure, will have seen hyperglycemia, perhaps obesity and has already said this !!!

It is not obese that goes.
I will tell you that, that it starts from zero with the endocrine and to see if the metformin pattern that has put it is correct.
Thanks Alberto

vanessa30
01/26/2022 9 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
I have a friend who has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but as in social security they do not want to send it to the endocrine, he has decided to go to his mutual.
Well my question is the following: that you have to ask you to look at you to know if it really is Type2?What issues you would do to you
Thanks

Vanessa, to know if it is type 1 or 2 are the antibody tests.If there are antibodies it is type 1, if not, type 2.
Then the C peptide will tell you the operation of pancreas.
Example: Me.I am type 2 because I do not have antibodies but I am insulin -dependent because my pancreas almost does not work.That is why only the pills do not serve me.
Therefore, for the type the first test, for treatment the second.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/26/2022 10:30 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

There are many type 1 diabetics that do not have gad antibodies and other range.It helps diagnosis but is not definitive.
Type 2 always produce some insulin (at the time of debut or diagnosis) until with the years of evolution and bad habits they can not produce it.Some need basal insulin and pills from the debut.

In the case of your friend @vanessa30 I would ask for: thyroid profile, gad antibodies, glycosylated hemoglobin, blood glycemia, ketonic bodies, peptide C, glucose curve (come on, pregnant women to measure the peak);If it is really type 2 I should repeat it a month to see how it evolves;If it is lada and do not diagnose it well, having some insulin the pancreas with the metformin will control at the moment, but as soon as the reserve is lowered with the weeks, it will return almost at the beginning.

@isabelbota I think you are badly diagnosed;They would tell you type 2 for age, but without peptide C you are not type 2;You can be lada that has run out of reservation by late diagnosis.Ask your doctor about Lada, to see what he tells you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/27/2022 12:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
There are many type 1 diabetics that do not have gad antibodies and other range.It helps diagnosis but is not definitive.
Type 2 always produce some insulin (at the time of debut or diagnosis) until with the years of evolution and bad habits they can not produce it.Some need basal insulin and pills from the debut.

In the case of your friend @vanessa30 I would ask for: thyroid profile, gad antibodies, glycosylated hemoglobin, blood glycemia, ketonic bodies, peptide C, glucose curve (come on, pregnant women to measure the peak);If it is really type 2 I should repeat it a month to see how it evolves;If it is lada and do not diagnose it well, having some insulin the pancreas with the metformin will control at the moment, but as soon as the reserve is lowered with the weeks, it will return almost at the beginning.

@isabelbota I think you are badly diagnosed;They would tell you type 2 for age, but without peptide C you are not type 2;You can be lada that has run out of reservation by late diagnosis.Ask your doctor about Lada, to see what he tells you.

If I already asked.The issue is what type 1 or lada are autoimmune, there must be antibodies (that told me the endo).
In type 2 most cases is insulin resistance but produce, usually due to excess weight since fat creates insulin resistance.They can stop producing since they secrete excessively by resistance.
I am thin I have no resistance, but I do not produce almost for pancreatic exhaustion, I will have the defective pancreas or I will have forced it too much but it is not attacked by antibodies.
I know that here in the forum, cases like mine have been diagnosed, which would make me much better to ask for the sensor and not pay it to me.But my endo does not get off the donkey ..

isabelbota
01/27/2022 2:02 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Ruthbia thanks for your explanation, I will transfer it as is
I don't remember 38 years ago if they looked at me so much, I think there was not as much information as we have now.
Merci

vanessa30
01/27/2022 4:02 p.m.

@isabelBota Your insists.The easy thing for the diagnosis is to find antibodies, but when there is resistance it is because there is insulin and there is C.
A lada tends to 0 in reserve and the peptide C is lowering because it does not produce insulin.I was type 1 book in the debut and my peptide was 1.19.
7 years later I continue in peptide C to 0.35 or according to the test and the year, the last time Di 0.4, so they changed to Lada because it is "detectable."
Without C peptide, there is no insulin, it doesn't matter if for exhaustion, you need control.Type 2 do not give strips or anything.
Change endocrine and if you can see the diagnosis to change you.Doctors are "corporate" and rarely spend each other, so with another report and type of diabetes they will have to give you a sensor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/28/2022 5:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The fact is that my endo if it gives me 3 strips a day, for being insulin -dependent.I have a review next week, on Tuesday, to see if I were able to ask me to prescribe the sensor.They are recipeing it in some type2, insulin -dependent, and I the problem I have is that I rarely detect the hypos, for the I need the sensor and buy it.
@Ruthbia

isabelbota
01/28/2022 7:52 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@isabelbota your insists.The easy thing for the diagnosis is to find antibodies, but when there is resistance it is because there is insulin and there is C.
A lada tends to 0 in reserve and the peptide C is lowering because it does not produce insulin.I was type 1 book in the debut and my peptide was 1.19.
7 years later I continue in peptide C to 0.35 or according to the test and the year, the last time Di 0.4, so they changed to Lada because it is "detectable."
Without C peptide, there is no insulin, it doesn't matter if for exhaustion, you need control.Type 2 do not give strips or anything.
Change endocrine and if you can see the diagnosis to change you.Doctors are "corporate" and rarely spend each other, so with another report and type of diabetes they will have to give you a sensor.

If you go privately no matter how diagnose the sensors would have to continue paying, if you already use slow and fast, what would exchange part of paying 100 turkeys of consultation?

Alberto_13
01/28/2022 9:59 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
ruthbia said:
@isabelbota your insists.The easy thing for the diagnosis is to find antibodies, but when there is resistance it is because there is insulin and there is C.

If you go privately no matter how diagnose the sensors would have to continue paying, if you already use slow and fast, which would exchange part of paying 100 turkeys the query?

The only solution is to convince my endo to prescribe it because after all I am like a honey moon type.The last time he saw me, almost a year ago, I prescribed the quick for when I needed, but then I still didn't use it.Let's see if now that I use the appropriate ...

isabelbota
01/28/2022 10:11 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

If you go privately no matter how diagnose the sensors would have to continue paying, if you already use slow and fast, which would exchange part of paying 100 turkeys the query?

The only solution is to convince my endo to prescribe it because after all I am like a honey moon type.The last time he saw me, almost a year ago, I prescribed the quick for when I needed, but then I still didn't use it.Let's see if now that I use the appropriate ...

Convince a endo in the sas? .... If you succeed you will be our heroina

Alberto_13
01/28/2022 11:01 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
alberto_13 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
@isabelBota You insists.The easy thing for the diagnosis is to find antibodies, but when there is resistance it is because there is insulin and there is C.

Convince an endo in the SAS?

Thanks for the spirits 😂😂😂😂

isabelbota
01/28/2022 11:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.