Freestyle sensor spoils with sea water

LucyM's profile photo   09/21/2021 3:09 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone.

I've been with the sensor for 3 months and without any problem.But I have gone with my family to the beach this week and I have been bathing in the sea (not much that the water is fresh haha).The fact is that the first time I have bathed in full body, immersing my arm with the sensor in the sea, without depth and never more than 10 minutes, when leaving the water and letting the sensor dry, I went to measure theGlucose and the app indicated to me "Error in the sensor, scan in 10 minutes."I let a little more time spend and it already works again.The next day I bathe the whole problem again and the same problem came out, but this time it was not solved and after four erroneous readings the mobile app told me that the sensor was exhausted and that it changed it (two days beforewhat corresponded).

I am quite surprised since I have always read that the sensor was not affected by sea water except that you immerse yourself more than 1 meter and that the problem of most users is that it took off, not to stop working.

My question is, has this happened to someone else?Maybe that specifically that sensor was defective?I'm not going to be able to put my arm with the sensor in the salt water?

Greetings and thank you very much.

LucyM's profile photo
LucyM
09/21/2021 3:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The sensor would be defective, it is the typical error.Claim and send you a new one (I would not say that I was in the sea, just in case ...).
Anyway, this summer I have only been on the beach one day, but I bathed and nothing happened to the sensor ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/21/2021 6:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It is that sensor.I bathe more depth because I take it in gluteo and in almost 6 years I have not failed any for salt water or sweet.
Waiting for 10 min happens continuously because glucose is not stable and does not give it to you.After a while, as soon as it stabilizes, gives readings.

If the message is repeated more than 5 times, the sensor has died and you have to change it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2021 9:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.