Doubts bolis vs pump

AndreM's profile photo   02/01/2022 5:33 p.m.

Good afternoon to everyone!I need to talk to more people and see what I can do ... summarizing, I need to speak 😬 I am currently with insulin bomb, the truth that at first was going very well, but I think I am entering a loop of problems with the catheters,Being pending the cannula, reservoirs ... My hemoglobins improved a lot with bomb, I've been with a bomb for 8 years.But I feel so "stifled" lately with all this that I don't know if asking the doctor's break to the doctor.I would like to know your opinions, do you prefer bomb or bolis?(I know it's something personal ...)
I also do not know how the transition could be since I have been without slow insulins and all that.
And if you have bolis, is there the option to use it with a sensor, right?Because without a sensor I don't want to be.
Thanks and greetings!

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
02/01/2022 5:33 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

Hello!Unfortunately I cannot help you in almost anything you ask but yes, only with bolis you can use a sensor (they cover it) although it is probably not the same as you carry now.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
02/01/2022 5:54 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Some will tell you that it is a setback because the pump is the closest to a healthy pancreas with all its incidents.

I use bolis and sensor, I am controlled and well, (I can not support a catheter or via in my body outside the hospital) but there are people who carry it regular because there are also failures, rare measures, it must be made capillaries, etc.And the bolis can fail.You can get to obsess as with the pump.It depends on your mental strength.

Do not return the pump, ask for a 3 -month rest and test.Then you decide that you are doing better.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/02/2022 10:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In the end I take it off, ask for a break and if you see yourself with strength you put it again, the catheter surround me, in addition to getting fat 20 kg with a bomb in 3 months because it ate a lot and almost did not go up thepump blood glucose, I reach 5.7 of hemoglobin, but it is that Bufff material catheter and pedi change to bolis again

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/02/2022 12:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rogerix said:
in the end take it away, ask for a break and if you look with strength you put it again, the catheter supero, in addition to getting fat 20 kgWith pump in 3 months because it ate a lot and almost did not undergo pump blood glucose, I reach 5.7 of hemoglobin, but it is that bufff material catheter and pedi change to bolis again

Already .. And what sensor did you give you option?Or don't you use?

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
02/02/2022 12:57 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

@Andrem, the Feestyle 2 is the one they are giving ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2022 1:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

At that time there was no Andrem sensor

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/02/2022 11:31 p.m.

I would not return to Bolis.I keep the bomb ... but I understand that each one is each.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
02/03/2022 6:46 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

Hello good morning I was using a bomb 2 years to try it and see if I adapted the bomb I recognize that it is going well but when I always go quickly sometimes it seemed that the insulin did not enter and immediately put 400 my gycades have always been 7And with a 6.8 pump and I have 38th diabetics without complications and put to choose I prefer the slow bolis gives you a wild card that does not give you the pump and with the freestyle as a sensor it is acceptable.It cost me to leave it but I do not regret having done it and I returned with the units prior to the bomb without any problem.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
02/06/2022 10:45 a.m.

@Yaizaj, that is precisely the problem that I see to the pumps, that if there is infusion failure the glucose is triggered.
I guess they will have many advantages, especially the last automatic.But I think they have to improve even more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2022 11:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Today in the consultation, an emergency daddy has entered while they were attended by a 3 -year -old boy who was going to put the device this electronic that injected you subcutaneous that lasts 6 months and transmits to real time ... In theory only one onlyThey put children up to 4 years, so this little girl in less than a year would take it away and could the free style ... but the educator has told her that possibly after that time, instead of taking it off, I know itThey would change for another, since they were not going to take much to get a free style implantation sensor ... (or something similar is what I have thought I understand) I do not know if it will be true or not ... but if so, maybeStop using a pump (or not use) is more manageable or gets better ...

Ness's profile photo
Ness
02/07/2022 11:02 p.m.

Peque de 13 años
DM 1 Desde 2009 (13 meses)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.