Couple with type 2 diabetes. Help!

IMOS84's profile photo   09/30/2021 12:04 p.m.

I am starting a relationship with a couple with whom I was coming out a few years ago (he 37 and I 33).He is 44 years old and has always been overweight.His mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes after pregnancy.
They have diagnosed type 2 diabetes just 1 year ago.The first alarm signs that were put on the track had to do with the increase in thirst and urination, the tests were done and it was positive.But from the time we left they already gave him fading, although he justified them by anxiety.I lived several.He always liked eating.The doctor has put a quite strict diet to lose weight: boiled protein, no empanados, fried, 30gr of daily bread, 1 tablespoon of oil, vegetables, 5 meals a day it has trouble doing, a quite strict schedule.Being with me, the regime usually skip: a little serrano ham around here, knee sandwiches over there, 1 liter of chocolate shake and a Neapolitan ... It is usually justified that it is very dizzy and needs sugar to the beast.He asks me not to get me and don't control him.
We just have 1 month and it is costing me a bit to adapt.We have talked about this topic in a single conversation in which he explained things in a rather general way.Today I have sent him an informative article on new treatments, and he told me to be overwhelmed, that he is in the association and leave the subject.Consider that I have an "obsession" and I can not get into reason and understand that it is normal for youI can or have to adapt.
We are intimate friends, since we left several years ago.
I have never been with a diabetic, but only the last week has had 4-5 days of getting dizzy or being fatal for insulin.It gives me the feeling that your diabetes is from Chunga because it comments, you have times to do everything well and have beastly hypoglycemia.I have begun to take a self -registration without saying anything because I want you to see the impact that diabetes is having in your life at the level of quality of life.I suggested requesting a disability because your general health status is not good (it has other issues, migraines, recurring cancer -in November operate from the second breast-, varicose veins, circulation problems, etc.).I spent the information, studied it and told me that I was not going to request it but did not open a space for dialogue on the subject.I respected him and decided not to insist.

It reaches 21: 00-22: 00 exhausted and at 22: 30-22: 45 it says goodbye or directly falls asleep.It has a very bad physical form.
His position is not to touch the subject, not to talk about him and he is not very receptive to ask him questions.He has asked me to leave him alone, that the disease is his, his doctor and his nutritionist.
When I am with him and symptoms appear to be comprehensive and be patient, adapt to his physical condition and not demand more than I think he can take me, turn a blind eye and let him deal with episodes himself: sugar intake, sugar intake,etcBut it is hard for me to take the situation.It has a very special character, it is easily pissed off and its posture is to fold candles and close the possibility of dialogue.

I miss being able to open spaces for dialogue with naturalness and their attitude does not help me.I try not to be paternalistic.

IMOS84's profile photo
IMOS84
09/30/2021 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know what we expect we are told in relation to diabetes.

Do what you want with your life.
There is a lot of information and has a treatment, you are not his mother and he is not a minor.
The day you get bad, you call 112 and that with the consequences.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/30/2021 3:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello!
I don't know to what diabetes is the problem.
So there are several health issues and do not pay attention to you and that makes you wrong.And you can do little if he ignores you, he is already an adult and should worry about his health, the truth.
Going to diabetes you have not told us exactly their treatment.Insulin, but slow?Slow and fast?Also take metformin?What glycosilada do you have?
If you lead an orderly life, half diet and sport should not give you those downs.I do not know if the medication will have well adjusted.
But in the end the problem I see is that it does not take care of it.And diabetes without care has very bad consequences.It is not something that is seen on a day -to -day basis but in the long run it is very dangerous and has no back.
Shake of patience and if you do not change, think if it is worth being with someone who, based on not taking care of your health you can take yours ahead ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/30/2021 4:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

If he doesn't want to take it seriously and they are all excuses you can't do anything.I feel what you are happening but it is true that diabetes is his and he must be responsible and control.We all fall, but when you see that you are getting worse or that the values ​​in the analytics are not correct because it has to put the batteries.You can help if you make food for example, but if you take a shake and a donut then hey, you are not your mother.And if you see that affects your relationship then you will have to talk

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/30/2021 4:13 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hello, I also have type 2 diabetes, anxiety, nerves and after so many years without treating myself and going to the emergency room earlier this month of September 2021, I have taken the bull by the horns and now I am full of pills that I have to take allThe days.And the diet has been calm, step from which the endocrine gave me, as long as you would not eat, as healthy more or less and do not go hungry (as enough sauteed vegetables with chicken or spine, rice, all very rich), drink soda and soda andMineral and peak water between hours (as you have to make 5 meals daily), such as proteins to my liking even though it takes some sugar, I love ham, chorizon, flavor yogurts and for now I am carrying it very well (it helps enoughMetformin and injectable that for insulin and lose weight "Trulicity" that does not give me side effects for now, I hope it does not give me)

I do not know, tell your partner not to overwhelm and that you can live with type 2 diabetes, very good and that we are here people like him to help him in what we can.

All the best.

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
09/30/2021 4:31 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Isabelbota said:
Hello!
I don't know to what diabetes is the problem.
So there are several health issues and do not pay attention to you and that makes you wrong.And you can do little if he ignores you, he is already an adult and should worry about his health, the truth.
Going to diabetes you have not told us exactly their treatment.Insulin, but slow?Slow and fast?Also take metformin?What glycosilada do you have?
If you lead an orderly life, half diet and sport should not give you those downs.I do not know if the medication will have well adjusted.
But in the end the problem I see is that it does not take care of it.And diabetes without care has very bad consequences.It is not something that is seen on a day -to -day basis but in the long run it is very dangerous and has no back.
Shake of patience and if you do not change, think if it is worth being with someone who, based on not taking care of your health you can take yours ahead ...

IMOS84's profile photo
IMOS84
09/30/2021 4:47 p.m.

Hello!Thank you all for the contributions.
About his treatment, I don't even know.I know it is injected 3 times a day and Wednesday, another thing.I don't know what metformin is, nor that there were different types of insulin.I have looked at the glycosylated on the Internet because I did not know what it was, about their analytics and treatment has not shared much with me.
I know he takes some pills every day.I'm going to take a few days to think, and I'll talk to him.If I don't see a change in attitude and openness, I give the ballot, it is still early.Not because of the disease itself, but because of the attitude.I cannot be with a person who with something chronic refuses to speak or solve doubts that seem normal to me.I am a rather comprehensive person and I have patience and enough swallows.
I also have mine (I suffer bipolar disorder, although I have it very controlled and it is mild, and I make a totally normal life), he knows it, but my posture has always been opening to be able to speak or to accompany me to my doctorIf they need it.He reproaches me not to get into my illness, and that he doesn't ask me "because he trusts";And it does not control and hopes that I do as if your diabetes did not exist.I think that with all these background, it is white and in bottle.

IMOS84's profile photo
IMOS84
09/30/2021 5:02 p.m.

Life is long and there are many opportunities for everyone.If you don't compensate for you, and that Leo, friends and period.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/05/2021 9:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.