New the world of diabetes

xaleo's profile photo   11/18/2021 2:55 p.m.

Good, I just released in this disease.Although in this case the diagnosed is my 2 -year -old son.I hope to know your experiences and learn from them.Greetings to everyone

xaleo's profile photo
xaleo
11/18/2021 2:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @xaleo forum, tell us a little how has the diagnostic process been?How do you carry it?

Here I leave you a topic that I recommend you read.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/18/2021 3:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome to the forum.Much encouragement.Here you will find everyone's help and advice.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/18/2021 7:06 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Well, this has been very recent.In fact we are still admitted ... Who after the weekend we can go home.
It was about three weeks ago when the child began to go to the bathroom to piss and drink more than the account.We were looking in Google and it came out that they were typical symptoms of diabetes ... but we never thought that could be the case.We took him to the pediatrician and when he did the test he had 600, so they took us directly to the hospital.And since then, learning this new life ... insulin bomb, carbohydrates..etc.The first moments were disbelief, that cannot be happening to my son ... Surely it is a mistake ... but little by little it becomes real and of course, the time comes when you break and have a really bad time.After a few days the disease and the new reality are already accepted, but it is really difficult, it goes very badly.It is always the same question, because he and not me ... so small there is no right to this, but he cannot change.So now you have to put all the forces and energies in trying to control the disease and learn everything I can in order to help my son, which after all is the most important thing.

xaleo's profile photo
xaleo
11/18/2021 8:46 p.m.

@xaleo

Many encouragement !!!

I have read your comment and it reminded me a lot to what happened to my brother with my nephew years ago.My nephew began with 8 years, but for them a hard blow.And it's true, it goes wrong.In fact, I recently told him that now that I also have type 1 diabetes I understand perfectly.Because before we are with them and we said that complicated.But no, until one does not experience it and suffers it, he is not aware of how complicated he is.It is day by day, time by time.I understand now.

But now the positive part.You learn and overcome and life continues.It is hard, if, without a doubt, but you will go ahead.My nephew is already 27 years old, she has studied and has her work and has recently lived with a girl.Recently I saw him and is delighted with life and is happy.Use pump and control well.

A very strong greeting and many darements !!!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/18/2021 9:35 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel

Thank you very much for the message.It is very complicated as you say, but in the end you can be happy and live a life practically like a person without diabetes.And that is what makes me see the future with a little more optimism for my son.
Much encouragement and greetings for you!

xaleo's profile photo
xaleo
11/18/2021 10:02 p.m.

xaleo said:
well, this has been very recent.In fact we are still admitted ... Who after the weekend we can go home.
It was about three weeks ago when the child began to go to the bathroom to piss and drink more than the account.We were looking in Google and it came out that they were typical symptoms of diabetes ... but we never thought that could be the case.We took him to the pediatrician and when he did the test he had 600, so they took us directly to the hospital.And since then, learning this new life ... insulin bomb, carbohydrates..etc.The first moments were disbelief, that cannot be happening to my son ... Surely it is a mistake ... but little by little it becomes real and of course, the time comes when you break and have a really bad time.After a few days the disease and the new reality are already accepted, but it is really difficult, it goes very badly.It is always the same question, because he and not me ... so small there is no right to this, but he cannot change.So now you have to put all the forces and energies in trying to control the disease and learn everything I can in order to help my son, which after all is the most important thing.

I understand how hard it is for parents.However, you will see how your child gets used to it and adapts soon, children adapt to everything.And as diabetes have lived since childhood they usually carry it better than adults who are already detected older.
I can help you for my experience since I do not have children but in the forum there are many parents like you who are sure will help you because support serves a lot.The forum has served me a lot: at the level of knowledge, of mood, support ... feeling accompanied makes everything less hard.
So I wish you a lot of encouragement, patience and you will see how everything is going well.And for what we need here we are.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/18/2021 11:42 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@xaleo, a lot of encouragement.I know what that is because my daughter started with five years., but it already has 32 and no complication derived from diabetes.
He has also taken.A very full life studying and working on what he likes.
The strongest blow when this happens in children is for parents, but now there are better treatments to get good control, which there was no years ago.

Much encouragement, which is very difficult at first, but everything is improving over time.
At the moment if you have the pump, you start with the best treatment and it will be easy to achieve good control, although you will see that glucose fluctuations are inevitable, but that does not prevent good glycosilada.
Now it's time to learn a lot, but little by little you will get it.
A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/20/2021 7:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for the messages of encouragement.It is a help to read this type of messages.
A hug.

xaleo's profile photo
xaleo
11/20/2021 8:34 a.m.

xaleo said:
good, I just released in this disease.Although in this case the diagnosed is my 2 -year -old son.I hope to know your experiences and learn from them.Greetings to all

Hello.I imagine how complicated and painful this diagnosis has been for you for your child, especially because he is very small.I have read many similar cases here in the Forum in recent years and what I can tell you is that parents and children go ahead and everything goes well.Today there are new treatments, new and sure medications will go ahead.

I only have to wish them the best, the best future for your child and family, because it is hard for everyone.The important thing is now to be strong, help him to control the disease and that he can have a bright life and future, with the things that diabetes has that we all know here is half complicated but I have seen very good results and comments.

They already discharged them?What treatment does the baby carry?

I wish you the best.Many blessings.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
11/20/2021 11:20 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

My encouragement is in the sense that we are more every day and this is known by pharmaceutical

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/20/2021 11:51 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

matrix said:
xaleo said:
good, I just released in this disease.Although in this case the diagnosed is my 2 -year -old son.I hope to know your experiences and learn from them.Greetings to all

Hello.I imagine how complicated and painful this diagnosis has been for you for your child, especially because he is very small.I have read many similar cases here in the Forum in recent years and what I can tell you is that parents and children go ahead and everything goes well.Today there are new treatments, new and sure medications will go ahead.

I only have to wish them the best, the best future for your child and family, because it is hard for everyone.The important thing is now to be strong, help him to control the disease and that he can have a bright life and future, with the things that diabetes has that we all know here is half complicated but I have seen very good results and comments.

They already discharged them?What treatment does the baby carry?

I wish you the best.Many blessings.

Thanks for the message, today they discharged us and the baby is with the insulin pump (Medtronic 640g) we must still learn to control the curves that are not very pronounced ... but that little by little and over time I imagine thatIt will improve.
Greetings and thanks.

xaleo's profile photo
xaleo
11/20/2021 2:55 p.m.

xaleo said:

Hello, welcome to the world diabetes.Just tell you that they diagnosed me with 5 years, when the syringes were made of glass and insulin took her out of pigs.

And here I continue, more than 50 years of evolution, and no complication, 2 children who are not diabetic for the moment and more history behind, but hey, there will still be good things.

What you have to do is simple: Study about the disease and make your child study and know more than you since he starts talking and understanding.

This world is not the best in which we could be, but it is not as bad as it seems.Do not believe anyone to tell you otherwise.Good luck for you and your little one.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/21/2021 2:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.