Hypoglycemia at night

sofia000's profile photo   12/01/2021 5:57 p.m.

Good afternoon, I am new here.Type 1 diabetics for 23 years.I've always been well controlled but I will try to summarize what happens to me lately:

My glycemia and meals during the day are normal.At dinner I get well and make a correct dinner.2 hours later my blood glucose is still good.At approximately 6 hours from dinner, my hypoglycemia alarm sensor.
It is not a problem of what I have had a little time when little (it would be normal) or when slow carbohydrates ceno.
Nor do I think it's the humalog problem that I get pre-cuena because then I would go down later, not at 6 or 7 hours ...
My only option was the Tresiba that I have decreasing it but still happens.

Has something like something happened to you?

Thank you

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
12/01/2021 5:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What time do you inject threeiba?If it is at night it may make you a valley at 6 am the injection.Another option is that you lean on the sensor.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/01/2021 6:39 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
What time do you injepe Tresiba?If it is at night it may make you a valley at 6 am the injection.Another option is that you lean on the sensor.

At 23 hours I put threeiba.Do you think I should put it before or after?
According to the sensor's graph, I'm fine all night (in 130 for example) and at 5 in the morning I start down little by little and an hour later I am in hypoglycemia

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
12/01/2021 9:19 p.m.

What I do is try, I also put it at that time and I have some valley at 5-6 in the morning but I do not enter hypoglycemia.Maybe you overflowed with threeiba.I currently have to vary it depending on my physical activity.

Test and error but with head.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/01/2021 9:58 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
What I do is try, I also put it at that time and I have some valley at 5-6 in the morning but I do not enter hypoglycemia.Maybe you overflowed with threeiba.I currently have to vary it depending on my physical activity.

Yes, I have dropped units progressively but still happens to me.I had planned to put it later type 00-01H so that if it happens to me it would be awake (it would happen to me about 7h then) but of course I am not awake at 01h to put it on 😅

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
12/01/2021 10:39 p.m.

In my lantus passage to Tresiba, I have progressively reduced to half of the units.And today, every week I adjust depending on the fasting values ​​and also if I see that I enter HIPOS.If I see that the trend is 3 days under one or otherwise I upload it.

I would tell you to go down more three progressively.And keep the time that comes well, without having to force you to go to bed.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/01/2021 11:08 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Maybe it's better to put threeiba in the morning.That tendency to hypo is usually saved by the day with meals.
Although my daughter puts it in the morning and also tends to go down at night, but does not arrive at Hicm, she lies over 150.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2021 11:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

sofia000 said:
Josemibi said:
what I do is try, I also put it at that time and I have some valley at 5-6in the morning but I do not enter hypoglycemia.Maybe you overflowed with threeiba.I currently have to vary it depending on my physical activity.

Yes, I have dropped units progressively but still happens to me.I had planned to put it later type 00-01H so that if it happens to me it would be awake (it would happen to me about 7h then) but of course I am not awake at 01h to put it 😅

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2021 2:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I don't know if you have solved those nocturnal hypos.
They have worried me because it is going down more than 100 units at night and, if you lower more three, then go up in the afternoon.
He puts it in the morning.
With how good I was going to the beginning of change ...
For the day it is very quiet without hypos, but the nights are not flat.
I think he is going to talk to the nurse to tell her and see if he tries the toujeo

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2021 2:34 a.m.

regina said:
They have worried me because it is going down more than 100 units at night and, if you lower more three, then go up in the afternoon.
I think he is going to talk to the nurse to tell her and see if he tries the toujeo

No, even going down the Tresiba is still happening.I do not consider changing insulin because I have been with Tresiba for many years and it had never happened to me.I am not putting faster either, but the opposite I am putting less.So I don't know what to do yet

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
12/10/2021 10:09 a.m.

@Sofia000, my daughter takes a yogurt before bedtime, but climbs almost 200 and then goes down to 70 when she woke up ..., to see if lowering more three and rapting quickly ... but already gave him many laps ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2021 12:37 p.m.

I was placing basal at night, but I spent tomorrow because something similar began to happen to me.Anyway test reducing units or eating fruit or nuts of slow Ig to prevent.

Martin_malaga's profile photo
Martin_malaga
12/14/2021 1:36 p.m.

sofia000 said:
regina said:

No, even going down the Tresiba is still happening.I do not consider changing insulin because I have been with Tresiba for many years and it had never happened to me.I am not putting faster either, but the opposite I am putting less.So I don't know what to do yet

If more than 5 hours pass since you get the fast, the culprit is not.It reduces basal and test and provides fruit or F HC of low Ig at dinners.

Martin_malaga's profile photo
Martin_malaga
12/14/2021 1:40 p.m.

Hello, I write again because after lowering the units of Tresiba, I arrive at dinner well, I take slow absorption hydrates and after dinner I am in 160 for example.Well at 5-6 hours I am in hypoglycemia.What can it be?

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
01/11/2022 12:11 p.m.

sofia000 said:
hello, I return to write because after lowering the units of threeiba, I arrive at dinner well, I take slow absorption hydrates and after dinner I am in 160 for example.Well at 5-6 hours I am in hypoglycemia.What can it be?

ingest proteins/fats and test

marine's profile photo
marine
01/11/2022 8:38 p.m.

marine said:
sofia000 said:
hello, I return to write because after lowering the units of threeiba, I arrive at dinner well, take absorption hydratesSlow and after dinner I am in 160 for example.Well at 5-6 hours I am in hypoglycemia.What can it be?

I have already tried it.Taking slow absorption hydrates, drinking proteins, fats ... and it always happens the same.It doesn't matter if I went to bed in 120 that in 220, at 5 or 6 hours I am in Hippo

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
01/12/2022 10:14 a.m.

@sofia000, isn't the threeiba down?
The truth is that my daughter was happening to my daughter and, if I lowered the dose, I climbed at night.
He had to return to Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/12/2022 12:31 p.m.

sofia000 said:
marine said:
sofia000 said:
sofia000 said:
Hello, I write again because after lowering the units the unitsFrom Tresiba, I get to dinner well, I take slow absorption hydrates and after dinner I am in 160 for example.Well at 5-6 hours I am in hypoglycemia.What can it be?

I have already tried it.Taking slow absorption hydrates, drinking proteins, fats ... and it always happens the same.It doesn't matter if I go to bed in 120 that in 220, at 5 or 6 hours I am in hiccum

Ok, I'm going to be more specific.Eat 250gr of chicken with skin ... baked for example.

marine's profile photo
marine
01/12/2022 6:18 p.m.

sofia000 said:
marine said:
sofia000 said:
sofia000 said:
Hello, I write again because after lowering the units the unitsFrom Tresiba, I get to dinner well, I take slow absorption hydrates and after dinner I am in 160 for example.Well at 5-6 hours I am in hypoglycemia.What can it be?

I have already tried it.Taking slow absorption hydrates, drinking proteins, fats ... and it always happens the same.It doesn't matter if I go to bed in 120 that in 220, at 5 or 6 hours I am in hiccum

Download Tresiba until you stop making those hypos.
If past 3h of the rapid you already have decrease it is the fault of the basal

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/13/2022 9:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.