Two -year -old child and excess urine

albapv's profile photo   12/01/2021 8:16 p.m.

Good night.My two and a half -year son has been a lot of urine for two days.In the nursery he has caught their attention and they have told me to control it, at home it has gone to the bathI put and make another tremendous floor.He has not eaten or drunk more than usual.

They have told me in Teleconsulta that I ask for an appointment for the pediatrician because it could be diabetes.

Given that I have made a strip of urine of ketone bodies and has been negative.

I already have an appointment for the pediatrician but I would like to know his opinion, if I must be alarmed or if it may be nothing.For the rest it is not overweight, it does not present fatigue, it does not ask for water (it costs me a lot that drinks ...) nor does it seem to have lost weight.Thank you.

albapv's profile photo
albapv
12/01/2021 8:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can make a glucose test in the pharmacy and so you will leave doubts.Or if any acquaintance has gluconstora, do it at home.
Normally, if you have high blood glucose for a long time, you are very thirsty, it urinates a lot, you are very hungry and weight is lost.
You will see that it will be nothing, to see what the doctor tells you.Cheer up!!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2021 8:46 p.m.

It seems more urine infection than diabetes, so Anaisabel says, symptoms are missing

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/01/2021 8:52 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Yes, I also believe that symptoms are missing.Even so you can make glycemia and salts of doubts

sofia000's profile photo
sofia000
12/01/2021 9:33 p.m.

Thank you so much.Hopefully that is, my mother -in -law has diabetes and the control in the diet that I see seems complicated for a two -year -old child (to understand, to control in adolescence when you want to go out with friends ...).

albapv's profile photo
albapv
12/01/2021 9:35 p.m.

@albapv, it's difficult, but not impossible.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/02/2021 5:13 p.m.

albapv said:
Thank you very much.Hopefully that is, my mother -in -law has diabetes and the control in the diet that I see seems complicated for a two -year -old child (to understand, to control in adolescence when you want to go out with friends ...).

The diet is the easiest in diabetes in children

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2021 12:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

albapv said:
Thank you very much.Hopefully that is, my mother -in -law has diabetes and the control in the diet that I see seems complicated for a two -year -old child (to understand, to control in adolescence when you want to go out with friends ...).

Your mother -in -law probably has type 2 diabetes that is not the same as type 1. In such a small child a type 2 is practically impossible to appear, if it had it it would be type 1.
Anyway as they tell you, I don't think it's diabetes because you are missing symptoms.Urinally can be for many things, the pediatrician will tell you.
The best thing is that you do a glucose test in the pharmacy and salts of doubts.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/03/2021 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

albapv said:

You will tell us so we will all win in experiences

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/03/2021 2:03 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.