VERTEX TREATMENT Insulin reduction 91%

Josemibi's profile photo   10/19/2021 10:33 p.m.

Sensational news that comes to us about the regeneration of beta cells.

Link

A patient with this treatment for 90 days has been able to reduce insulin needs by 91% and its hemoglobin from 8% to 7%.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
10/19/2021 10:33 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

You need to use immunosuppression.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/20/2021 12:34 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I do not know how the immunospressors .... you leave Malaga and Caes in Malagón.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/20/2021 8:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I see the positive side of the news and it is that a treatment is being investigated.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
10/20/2021 9:14 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I see in positive that it is investigated, but this treatment, if it requires immunosuppressants is far from being a solution.

Hopefully it progresses so much more and soon !!

fer's profile photo
fer
10/20/2021 9:46 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Immunode -depressing treatments are horrible and very expensive, they leave you some foxes.If it cannot be avoided, then, but from experience with my daughter, who has chronic severe atopic dermatitis (another autoimmune disease that is known little), I already tell you that they do not even work, they are a barbarity.

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
10/20/2021 5:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is also the "little detail" that they are injected into the portal vein.And it does not even eliminate the need for insulin, it only reduces it.It needs a little more maturation but the approach of the immunosuppressant seems like a toast to the sun, so we are not doing well.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
10/24/2021 8:47 p.m.

The article says that in order not to awaken immunity, the cells are covered with a capsule or device.Thus it is not necessary to take immunosuppressants.
The explanation is plausible, but the problem is that it seems a tease.
They have been investigating with stem cells for about 15-20 years, there are many studies but the same thing happens in everyone:
They ask for a subsidy, they ask for financing from investors, they begin studies in rats, then quote the laboratory ... and the investigation disappears.Almost none goes to the human research stage.
On the other hand, you have the beta cell transplants of body, of animals or stem cells of the patient that can be encapsulated to escape the immune system, but there is not anything clear either.They disappear without trace as ghosts.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/17/2022 10 p.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

@Lowcarb, they are finding problems, sometimes those stem cells differ inappropriately and produce tumors ... or that I have read.To me the nearest solution seems to me the insulin pumps associated with sensors.They are getting more and more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2022 5:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina, if I have not informed myself badly, there are about 70 companies including Semma, the famous Doug Melton company that produces islets.We also have Betalin Therapeutics, the Israeli company that says of starting and transplanting islets covered by a 5 -year device (...), at least last year they said that there would be studies in humans in a year.The EU has granted 2 m of euros, if Pàgina Web asks for financing from private investors, shares, etc., but not a trace of its phase 2 project.

My child is only 6 years old and my heart breaks and I start crying to think that I will have to live with an insulin manager.
I do not understand them and they seem to me a bass for a child who has to play and make the madman in adolescence.

Forgive me regina, but it doesn't comfort me.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/18/2022 7:59 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

lowcarb said:
@regina, if I have not informed badly, there are about 70 companies including Semma, the famous Doug Melton company that produces islets.We also have Betalin Therapeutics, the Israeli company that says of starting and transplanting islets covered by a 5 -year device (...), at least last year they said that there would be studies in humans in a year.The EU has granted 2 m of euros, if Pàgina Web asks for financing from private investors, shares, etc., but not a trace of its phase 2 project.

My child is only 6 years old and my heart breaks and I start crying to think that I will have to live with an insulin manager.
I do not understand them and they seem to me a bass for a child who has to play and make the madman in adolescence.

Forgive me regina, but it doesn't comfort me.

Hello.I wanted to tell you two things:

Dare.They diagnosed me with 5 years, and I have already been with the disease.Today I am perfectly.If you are above all the time, diabetes is controlled without problems.It is a bass, but it is so.It is something you have to learn, and especially your son.

At the moment, there is no other;The cells and transplants seem distant.But I give you another practical idea.I have been a bomb for almost 10 years, but for children and young people, I think it is better a treatment based on retarded insulins.The control is not much worse and so you are not continuously connected to a machine, which interferes with the physical exercise of any kind.

I used many years to stop and the control was also good.Today you have many different types, and you also have the sensors.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
02/20/2022 11:43 a.m.

The stem cells have that problem, reproduce and are very strong and end up cancer, there would have to be a way that they did not reproduce and proliferate as a tumor, but they fulfill the function of managing insulin when the cell is encoded with that function, alsoThey reproduce nerve cells administered with dopamine in the brain for Parkinson's patients, but the problem is that they do not know how to do to end up tumors.Lowcarb Your son is very young and there are many research ongoyears there is solution

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/20/2022 11:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.