Presentation

Websquirtle's profile photo   12/03/2021 6:20 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone:

After a time when I felt worse and worse, which began being up several times at night to the bathroom, dizziness, tiredness, muscle weakness ... I went to the doctor who asked me for an analytical and 298 on an empty stomach.

Today I go to the consultation Xa See the results of the analytics and without almost letting me sit and without anesthesia I release me, you are diabetic, pum like this, a direct guantazo to the face, and then limit to prescribe metformin (average twice a day and thenone) and dispatch to the nurse that apart from giving me a type of 1750 calories and telling me that he exercises has not told me much more.

So I am with a recent diagnosis many doubts and the feeling of Q neither the doctor nor the nurse worried my problems too much.

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
12/03/2021 6:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are some doctors who have little skill to say things.It is a very complex and also chronic disease.I remember that I left the consultation in a state of shock, crying and without having understood anything at all.Fortunately later I found a great doctor, the Association of Diabetics, ... and this year I have discovered this forum that helps enough to solve all those doubts that doctors do not have time to clarify.Courage, @websquirle and asks everything you need that there are many people willing to help.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/03/2021 7:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

websirtle said:
good afternoon to all:

After a time when I felt worse and worse, which began being up several times at night to the bathroom, dizziness, tiredness, muscle weakness ... I went to the doctor who asked me for an analytical and 298 on an empty stomach.

Today I go to the consultation Xa See the results of the analytics and without almost letting me sit and without anesthesia I release me, you are diabetic, pum like this, a direct guantazo to the face, and then limit to prescribe metformin (average twice a day and thenone) and dispatch to the nurse that apart from giving me a type of 1750 calories and telling me that he exercises has not told me much more.

So I am with a recent diagnosis many doubts and the feeling of Q neither the doctor nor the nurse worried my problems too much.

What barbarity, so you are diabetic ..... what kind?... I know that I am going to say a buried but our worst enemy is not the disease, it is ignorance and some doctors included endocrine.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/03/2021 8:58 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

websirtle said:
good afternoon to all:

That's sad one.For them we will be another diabetic, for us it is a shock.
It has the forum that helps a lot.
Cheer up.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/03/2021 10:06 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.