Freestyle 2 glycometer control solution

kokerama13's profile photo   12/08/2021 7:24 p.m.

Hello.
Ultilizo as glucometer the free freeyle reader 2. I have a freestyle sensor 2 as well.The issue is that for a few days the glucometer gives me low measures.Differences of 20-30 UNID
For example in the sensor and the Diabox application gives me measures of 100 and in the capillary of 75. I have another glucometer and it gives me the capillary more or less well, the subject is that the strips are already running out and the ones that finance meThe SS are those of Freestyle 2
My question is whether with the control solution I understand is to calibrate the glucometer I could see if it is working badly.
Another question would be if that control solution can be bought in FCIA or you have to ask Abbot.
Also comment that the capillary measures do them after washing my hands well and with a drop of generous blood, he commented because I believe that the measurement process I do is correct.
Thanks in advance.

kokerama13's profile photo
kokerama13
12/08/2021 7:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What they have told me is that if there are sensor-glucometer differences, the correct thing is the glucometer.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/08/2021 9:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
what they have told me is that if there are sensor-glucometer differences, the right thing is the glucometer.

Well, the truth is that I fly from my instinct and sensations and I would bet that what measures badly is the glucometer. If I compare it with the other glucometer there are differences of 20 points.of the night ... the other glucometer gave me 84 and the sensor and diabox very similar around 95.and I am almost certain that it was not as low as the gluconometro (62). The subject is to know if the way ofSolve this is to buy that control solution for calibalo and if the gluconist is bad to claim its replacement. And another thing is to know if in the FCIA they sell it, because on the Internet once you put it in the search engine there are very few ticketsand all referred to Freestyle's glycometer not to Freetyle 2.a see if someone can help me.

kokerama13
12/08/2021 10:01 p.m.

kokerama13 said:
Isabelbota said:
what they have told me is that if there are sensor-glucometer differences, the right thing is the glucometer.Blockquote>

Well, the truth is that I fly from my instinct and sensations and I would bet that what measures badly is the glucometer. If I compare it with the other glucometer there are differences of 20 points.of the night ... the other glucometer gave me 84 and the sensor and diabox very similar around 95.and I am almost certain that it was not as low as the gluconometro (62). The subject is to know if the way ofSolve this is to buy that control solution for calibalo and if the gluconist is bad to claim its replacement. And another thing is to know if in the FCIA they sell it, because on the Internet once you put it in the search engine there are very few ticketsand all referred to Freestyle's freestyle glycometer 2. to see if someone can help me. Thank you.

>

Well, if nobody knows and tells you, I would call Abbot.They may solve it to you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/09/2021 1:02 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@KOKERAMA13 I use the glycometer free for capillaries and NFC measurement;
The differences are normal and I can tell you that based on my experience what fails is the NFC, the capillary usually is right.
+/- 20 above or below is considered a great precision.Keep in mind that the value must not be considered but the magnitude range based on your insulin sensitivity.

In my case, when I get blood analytics compared values ​​before getting blood and more precision to less and in this order:
Free capillary glucometer (++)-> Diabox (+)-> LibreLink (-)

To calibrate it with the prepared abbott solution you can ask the nurse;I have part of Freesytle an insulix for capillaries.
In my case I buy the strips because the SS has removed those of ABBOTT for patients.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/09/2021 12:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@kokerama13 I use the glycometer free for capillaries and NFC measurement;
The differences are normal and I can tell you that based on my experience what fails is the NFC, the capillary usually is right.
+/- 20 above or below is considered a great precision.Keep in mind that the value must not be considered but the magnitude range based on your insulin sensitivity.

In my case, when I get blood analytics compared values ​​before getting blood and more precision to less and in this order:
Free capillary glucometer (++) -& GT;Diabox (+)-& GT; LibreLink (-)

To calibrate it with the prepared abbott solution you can ask the nurse;I have part of Freesytle an insulix for capillaries.
In my case I buy the strips because the SS has removed those of Abbott for patients.

I don't understand the "magnitude range" very well

kokerama13
12/10/2021 4:58 p.m.

For example, to my 2 glucose units from 200 or 160 to normal values ​​(80-125), I don't care to be 176 as 189, I will use the same insulin units to correct.That is the magnitude range.

Freestyle is designed for ranges not for exact values.You must know yourself very well and interpret values.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/10/2021 9:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
for example, to my 2 glucose units from 200 or 160 to normal values ​​(80-125), I don't care to be 176 that at 189, I will usethe same insulin units to correct.That is the magnitude range.

Freestyle is designed for ranges not for exact values.You must know yourself very well and interpret values.

Ok .. you are very friendly. Thank you !!

kokerama13
12/10/2021 9:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.