Lower glycemia

dafne25's profile photo   10/21/2021 3:58 p.m.

Good, I have heard that a blood glucose can be low

dafne25's profile photo
dafne25
10/21/2021 3:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Dafme25, of course, a high blood glucose can be lowered with insulin.You have to know how much an insulin unit lowers you. It depends on the total dose you wear.
Yes divides 1800 between the total dose of insulin per day, it gives you an approximation of glucose that corrects an insulin unit., but you have to check it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/21/2021 4:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And it depends on the time of day, your insulin sensitivity may be greater than one hour from the other than another, eg in the morning you usually need more insulin because there is more resistance due to the alba effect although it also depends on each person.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/21/2021 4:53 p.m.

Yes, of course it is like an analgesic.You take a pill and take effect at x hours, usually time and something, but if you still hurt at the hours you take another.
Insulin is the same, glycemia goes down, lasts about 2.5-3 hours and has a faster or faster effect depending on how the body is.
For example, in the morning more insulin is needed, but if it is cold, with any virus or bacteria, it is ovula or menstruate, because much more insulin is needed to correct and for any food.

If you have never corrected test only with 1 you and look at what value parties and how you are at 3 hours of correction, so you will know if you are on your ideal threshold or fell short, or have gone to hypoglycemia, which also alsoIt can happen.Conservative;This is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/21/2021 5:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok but can I correct?After 1h and 30 minutes after eating?Or would it be a problem?

dafne25's profile photo
dafne25
10/21/2021 5:27 p.m.

dafne25 said:
ok but can I correct?After 1h and 30 minutes after eating?Or would it be a problem?

Better wait for two hours

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/21/2021 5:49 p.m.

If you have never corrected, wait 2.5 hours to not overlap the effect of insulin you have put with food.
When you know how your body acts, you will make decisions with another criterion of units and times.
You can also reduce glycemia with sport when they are not very high

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/21/2021 9:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

As @ruthbia says, when it is not too high glycemia and you want.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/22/2021 10:44 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

dafne25 said:
ok but can I correct?After 1h and 30 minutes after eating?Or would it be a problem?

I have never corrected before 3h that is the time that the rapid usually lasts in the body.
The problem could be overwhelmed and hico

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/25/2021 3:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.