Glycemic food index

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   02/16/2022 10:29 a.m.

Hello good morning.As I mentioned in another post, I have had a little careless diabetes and let's say I'm starting from 0 again ...
I had a question, and I do not understand very well how the theme of the glycemic index of the feeds in our glucose levels works.
For example, two hours after dinner I look at the sugar to see if I must eat something or not before sleeping.If I have it above 150, not as anything and on an outstand I lift myself perfectly.
Yesterday, for example, I had it in 103, and I ate 3 cookies Maria without sugar that equals a ration of carbohydrates (thinking that otherwise I could give me a nocturnal hypo), and this morning I woke up at 239.
Maybe it's because of the foods that I had a low glycemic index?
My dinner was:
- Kitchem lentils (boat) sauteed with garlic and ham tacos
- A small lettuce, carrot, 1/2 avocado and palitos of surimi
- 1 kiwi
I had the sugar at 139 and I put insulin 2uds.

If someone can explain a little and guide me ... Thank you very much in advance!:)

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
02/16/2022 10:29 a.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

@Estefaniabc32

Very complicated for each person is a world.If you dinner 3 days you could draw more conclusions.

I do not know those cookies but I do not think that the glycemic index is the problem.I tell you, the glycemic index only indicates how the carbohydrates of a food enter.The top is a juice.It is liquid and enters blood at 10 m, more or less.That is why for hypoglycemia, a juice is recommended and not drinking chocolate, which is what we would like or cookies!

What I do not understand well is why additional carbohydrates took at night if you were 103!Are you afraid of hypoglycemia?If so, you have to regulate the basal.And not take more carbohydrates.Lower the basal units.Try to adjust the basal.But lying around 100 is super.That is always my goal,

I think your problem has nothing to see with the glycemic index but with the regulation of the basal.Or may that fast insulin that night.I recommend I recommend repeating if possible three days in a routine to see Q has to readjust.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/16/2022 9:08 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@estefaniabc32

Very complicated for each person is a world.If you dinner 3 days you could draw more conclusions.

I do not know those cookies but I do not think that the glycemic index is the problem.I tell you, the glycemic index only indicates how the carbohydrates of a food enter.The top is a juice.It is liquid and enters blood at 10 m, more or less.That is why for hypoglycemia, a juice is recommended and not drinking chocolate, which is what we would like or cookies!

What I do not understand well is why additional carbohydrates took at night if you were 103!Are you afraid of hypoglycemia?If so, you have to regulate the basal.And not take more carbohydrates.Lower the basal units.Try to adjust the basal.But lying around 100 is super.That is always my goal,

I think your problem has nothing to see with the glycemic index but with the regulation of the basal.Or may that fast insulin that night.I recommend I recommend repeating if possible three days in a routine to see Q has to readjust.

GREETING

Thank you very much for answering!It is that before sleeping because I look at it, and after meals I usually have between 150-160, so yes not as anything and I get out of fast between 80-120.Therefore, seeing that I had the sugar at 103 I ate something for fear of having a hiccup ...
Thank you very much, I will try to look at it well.At the moment my nurse has told me to put me 22 of Tresiba.They changed my Lantus to Tresiba a week ago only ... so trying little by little.Thank you!

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
02/16/2022 9:12 p.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

Well, if you are in full basal change, there you have the adjustment.
It will take almost a month to regulate again.

The glycemic index does not affect you, what affects us most is the fat and protein that goes up at 4 or 5 hours of having ingested it and if it is at dinner you take a scare in the morning.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/17/2022 3:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.