Free Freestyle Allergic Reactions 2

estherlc0706's profile photo   12/14/2021 7:35 p.m.

Good afternoon, I have been using the freestyle for more than 3 years, I have never had any problem but, since the last two months since one of the free freestyle 2 gave me a reaction, I had problems in that arm.Since it came out I did not administer the sensor on that arm but every time it extends more and very ugly marks are left.Something like that happened to someone else?They come out like a few granites and a very large red eczema is forming that itchs a lot.Thank you.

estherlc0706's profile photo
estherlc0706
12/14/2021 7:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@EstherlC0706

I see your message now

Yes, allergies with the Abbott sensor are well known and serious.

They happened to me at 9 months, and I had very strong wounds in my arm.I could go to Dexcom and for the moment.

You can get under the Tegaderm sensor or something to reduce it but once the body recognizes something as "enemy" there are very few solutions.I try everything.Until following a video remove the glue from the sensor and put another !!I cost my job.But in the end the allergy went more.

I just hope I don't worse.Avoid repeating the area in which you put the sensor.And put some cream in that reddened area.I use Bepanthen for about three days in the area in which the sensor was to calm the skin and it works for me.

Talk to your doctor / endocrine in case they have any solution

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/15/2021 9:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.