A rare day

pimbri's profile photo   02/17/2022 11:47 p.m.

Hello everyone

Today I had a quite rare day, I tell it if someone has passed the same or you know that it has been possible

The first thing is that I have been diagnosed for a month, I carry it quite well, correct levels until today, I will try to explain everything I can

Before sleeping I put 12u in Lantus, I spent all the night between 80/90, I woke up and put on a correction of 2u novorapid, I had breakfast 5 rations of hydrates (every day I do it the same) and I went to work, I am a farmerAnd today the physical effort was a bit larger, at 2 hours of breakfast was in 60mg and I have lunch 3 portions of hydrates, at 3 hours it was again in 60mg

I was missing for a while to eat and I have drunk a beer to overcome 😅, I have eaten 8 of hydrates and I have reached up to 150mg, but at two hours I was again in 60mg and I have eaten a mazipan that was left over from Christmas, others2 hours at about 90mg and again at 60

The snack arrives and I eat 2 of hydrates, I have endured to dinner at 80/70 levels, I have had 8 portions and reached up to 140mg

Summary: I only put insulin at breakfast and I have been at low levels all day, eating almost forcefully so as not to enter hiccup
I'm afraid to get Lantus before sleeping watching the levels I've had today

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
02/17/2022 11:47 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

If it is normal.You just debuted and you have insulin reservation.Do not use insulin to eat if you are not above 160mg/dl and at most 1 unit.To correct with insulin there is always time.
You should also lower the basal, Lantus, 2 units.For the day it acts between hours and you are very low.The ideal around 100 between hours, sleep they say that below 180 at 2 hours of having eaten.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/18/2022 12:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have had many rare days like yours.I left the hospital scheduled with 24 from Toujeo (basal) and 8 12 10 fast for breakfast-food-dinner.
Now I get 7 basal and 3 fast at breakfast 0-0 food and dinner and even sometimes I tend to hypoglycemia.Of course, I have restricted the hydrates to the fullest.My goal is to throw with 8 to 12 servings a day.
Your trade involves a lot of physical activity, a lot of effort and, therefore, you need more abundant intakes.Insulin doses have to accommodate your way of life, until you give a guideline that allows you to perform your activity without falling into hypos.It is proof and error.Be patient, because in the process you have rare days until the balance is reached.
Points what you eat every day and what happens later and sees trying to lower insulin.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/18/2022 4:57 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I have "rare" days where I say mmmmm will have the famous lada?Obviously is a smiling tone because it is.The other day the same thing happened to me.I spent the day with the 15th of Toujeo of the night.Consumption many low car and fiber high products.If I have a form of what.It is very useful.And always although Coma Pizza goes a plate of green sheet salad before.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/20/2022 2:16 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.