Slow insulin.Time difference

adrianasanz's profile photo   12/27/2021 9:16 a.m.

Good morning:
I plan to travel to Havana and there are 6 hours apart with respect to Spain
I put slow insulin at 8 pm in Spain.The question I have is when I get to Havana is if I put it on the first day just like here, but it would be 2 in the afternoon of Cuba, or wait for it to be 20 hours
I have the doubt with the slow and the time lag (on the first day)

Greetings, thanks in advance

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
12/27/2021 9:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@adrianasanz, first happy trip, in second place insulin and your body have no clock, if you put it every 24 hours, calculate the change of schedule and respect it, one thing that is not one if the jet-lag affectsGlycemia

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/27/2021 1:44 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
@adrianasanz, first happy trip, secondly the insulin and your body have no clock, if the slow one you put it every 24 hours, calculate the change of schedule and respect it,One thing that is not if the jet-lag affects blood glucose.

But as they say that slow is put with dinner (night).That is my question.all the best

adrianasanz
12/27/2021 1:56 p.m.

adrianasanz said:
alberto_13 said:
@adrianasanz, first happy trip, secondly the insulin and your body have no clock, if the slowYou put every 24 hours, calculate the change of schedule and respect it, one thing that is not if the jet-lag affects blood glucose.

But as they say that slow is put with dinner (night).That is my question.all the best

Which do you use slow?Look at it in the prospect, in all it says that every 24 hours, the moment of the most convenient day you choose you (breakfast, food or dinner, etc ...), but then respect the cadence, some + or - 3 hours, or threeibaThat gives you a greater margin, but theirs is approximately every 24 hours.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/27/2021 2:19 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@adriana Sanz, maybe it is good for you to vary an hour every day until you take it to that schedule

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/27/2021 4:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@adrianasanz when I travel left Spain time for basal insulin.I asked Endo and told me that for short stays it is not worth changing to the local destination schedule.
In China I put the alarm at 4 in the morning to match

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/27/2021 9:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

adrianasanz said:
good days:
I put slow insulin at 8 pm in Spain.The question I have is when I get to Havana is if I put it on the first day just like here, but it would be 2 in the afternoon of Cuba, or wait for it to be 20 hours

First ask yourself if it's three,
If so, you can put it at the time you want whenever at least 8h have passed since you put the last dose.
The endocrine explained to me that precisely Tresiba was intended for people who travel and cannot meet a strict schedule, because it lasts approx 36h
It lasts 32 because I have proven it.
You can put it as soon as you arrive or when you are already in the place where you are going to stay.
You have margin with that insulin.
If on the contrary it is any other slow, like Lantus q has to be every 24h

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
12/28/2021 7:32 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@adrianas when I travel left Spain time for basal insulin.I asked Endo and told me that for short stays it is not worth changing to the local destination schedule.
In China I put the alarm at 4 in the morning to coincide😄

Thank you very much, I'm going to spend 2 months

adrianasanz
12/28/2021 8:20 a.m.

vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
good morning:

If so, you can put it at the time you want whenever at least 8h have passed since you put the last dose.
The endocrine explained to me that precisely Tresiba was intended for people who travel and cannot meet a strict schedule, because it lasts approx 36h
You can put it as soon as you arrive or when you are already in the place where you are going to stay.

I get Lantus, greetings

adrianasanz
12/28/2021 8:20 a.m.

adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
good morning:

I get Lantus, greetings

Then tell those 24h in your body.
Lantus must always be possible at the same time

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
12/28/2021 8:26 a.m.

@adrianasanz, when I make long trips, I follow the guidelines, as we go west or east, which you can read here:
Link administration-de- insulina-en-viajes-largos-en-avion/

It has worked very well for me.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
12/28/2021 12:41 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I would not preuppose me much, you must do by checking an arrangement at the schedule to put it to which it would be to go to sleep if you have to wait a few hours, I think you have said 8, put on a little more fast to extend the effortAnd at night the slow and ha is, easy, on return to setback, it is not complicated.

match53's profile photo
match53
01/02/2022 11:46 a.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.