HC/unit rations

dafne's profile photo   10/30/2021 7:58 p.m.

Hello, very good afternoon/noxe !!A consultation someone here, has consumed 2R of HC with a single insulin unit?Or for 2Rhc is more than an insulin unit ???If by any casual someone has put an insu unit, with 2R HC to tell me if it has worked, the effect!?I know there are people who have a ratio: 0.5
2Rhc x 0.5 = 1u but 1u really does effect ???

dafne's profile photo
dafne
10/30/2021 7:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Daphne

You ask a very peculiar question.Because we can't tell you what is right.I explain myself.Each person is a world, and 2 rations of carbohydrates and an insulin unit can work for you.But that is you or another person, but nobody can tell you that this evil or well.What works for me may not and vice versa.

The important thing.If after two or three hours of food or dinner, you are fine, that is, about 100, it means that you are doing well.And that's it.You eat two portions and you only put an insulin unit but after two hours you are well, perfect!That is the important thing.No one can recommend factors or ratios.They are personal.Ahh and can vary over time.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/30/2021 8:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi @dafne, in my case, for example, I have a 4.5r of HC and I punctuate 2 units of Humalog Junior if I am within the objective levels of glucose that have guilty.If I take 2R of HC in my case, 1 unit would correspond to me.

My FSI is 90 so that each fast insulin unit lowers me 90, because what the case you indicate to me would take effect.

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
11/01/2021 5:18 p.m.

It is very personal.To me with an insulin unit at breakfast (when it goes up) it is enough to me, and I still had to endure the nurse who said they should take away the fast insulin because 2U stay in the needle,

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
11/03/2021 11:29 a.m.

@dafne there is no generic guideline;At first you must follow the instructions of your endocrine and then many times it is proof and error.
My advice is that you are conservative, to correct there is always time, that is, if you doubt between putting 2 units or 3 units, put 2uds and if at 2.5 hours or 3 you see that you are tall, put 1 you to correct.

Another problem that we have is that depending on the time, hormonal cycle state, viruses, bacteria, stress, etc.It may need more or less insulin.There are no two days, unfortunately.

The normal thing is that in the first hour, breakfast, there is more need for insulin than at food or dinner.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2021 11:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, the only thing I can say is that 1 unit, 2 or 3 novorapid units do not lower my glucose, it does not take effect on such low doses, it is as if nothing injected me.The endocrine told me that it is because so few units stay in the needle.When I have to correct myself, I have to inject at least 4 units to do something.I've been diabetic for a few years and I don't know how much a unit lowers me, calculate little and success.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/07/2021 1:11 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 @emily I think you and I control diabetes with similar habits hahajajajaj

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/07/2021 2:11 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 @emily I think we control diabetes with similar habits hahajajajajajajaja

That seems, hehehe

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/07/2021 2:15 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

dafne said:
hello very good afternoon/noxe !!A consultation someone here, has consumed 2R of HC with a single insulin unit?Or for 2Rhc is more than an insulin unit ???If by any casual someone has put an insu unit, with 2R HC to tell me if it has worked, the effect!?I know there are people who have a ratio: 0.5
2Rhc x 0.5 = 1u but 1u really looks ???

What you want to ask is not understood very well.Some ideas:

• In effect 1 unit is very little.But it takes effect, that he does not doubt you, who tells you that it is equivalent to zero, is wrong.
  • The ratio depends on how you define the HC ration.In Spain there are 10 g, but in other parts of the world it is different, eye with that.
  • The appropriate ratio is different for each person, it depends on body mass and I believe that also on age.P. eg, I, that I am an old one with average dough, I have some ratios between 1.80 and 2.30.
  • The ratio also depends on the type of insulin.I have been Insulina Lispro (Humalog) for many years, which is a rapid action analogue.In my opinion, it also turns out that it makes more effect than normal "fast" insulin, so the ratio is lower

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/07/2021 2:20 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
dafne said:
hello very good afternoon/noxe !!A consultation someone here, has consumed 2R of HC with a single insulin unit?Or for 2Rhc is more than an insulin unit ???If by any casual someone has put an insu unit, with 2R HC to tell me if it has worked, the effect!?I know there are people who have a ratio: 0.5
2Rhc x 0.5 = 1u but 1u really looks ???

What you want to ask is not understood very well.Some ideas:

• In effect 1 unit is very little.But it takes effect, that he does not doubt you, who tells you that it is equivalent to zero, is wrong.
  • The ratio depends on how you define the HC ration.In Spain there are 10 g, but in other parts of the world it is different, eye with that.
  • The appropriate ratio is different for each person, it depends on body mass and I believe that also on age.P. eg, I, that I am an old one with average dough, I have some ratios between 1.80 and 2.30.
  • The ratio also depends on the type of insulin.I have been Insulina Lispro (Humalog) for many years, which is a rapid action analogue.In my opinion, it also turns out that it makes more effect than normal "fast" insulin, so the ratio is lower

I agree that 1 or 2 units quickly do effect and do not stay on the needle as I read more than once.You just have to see that when I purge a splash comes out.
Of course, I understand that according to each person it will be different.My pancreas still secretes some insulin and the 2 units that I put at breakfast are just enough to have breakfast bread without moving from 200, moreover, stay almost always in less than 150. (Always in diabetes does not exist).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/07/2021 5:43 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

A unit at breakfast makes me a little effect, however at dawn I am lowered 90.
One is a world and every hour is another world

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
11/07/2021 10:01 p.m.

It also depends on the basal.My daughter, with Lantus, a Humalog unit lowered 50 glucose, was almost mathematician.
Now with Tresiba I think it goes down something less ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/09/2021 12:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Insulin does not stay in the needle, even if you do not purge the air bubbles.There are simply days and hours that we need more insulin and apparently we feel that this unit does not take effect.
Also with the years it takes a little more.

I purge it according to indications, I put 2 units and the pen vertically until the splash comes out, then I put my dose.For Toujeo the prospect indicates 3 units to purge.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/10/2021 2:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good morning, with 8 HC rations in meals and dinners I put 1.5 insulin, if I take 5 or 6 rations of HC I put 1 of insulin, but if as less than HC rations I do not wear anything PQ 0, 5 of insulin has no effect.And I stay in the ratio without getting from 12 at any time.

manu42's profile photo
manu42
11/14/2021 12:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.