Insulin pumps

tete's profile photo   10/31/2021 11:05 a.m.

Hello everyone a question:
Have someone put the insulin bomb for social security?I am on the waiting list and in February I will have to do a nutrition course with the RYC nurses to learn to adjust carbohydrates.Until they learn to control the feeding, they do not put the pump.
If someone has already gone through it, please, please, how are you doing with the bomb?How about the course?
On the other hand, if you pay the insulin pump (very expensive, by the way) you do not have to do any course.I don't understand.
Thanks and happy diabetic results !!!!

tete's profile photo
tete
10/31/2021 11:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@tete, I have no experience with bombs., But I have read that there are already very good ones, capable of correcting hypos and hyper them alone and that very good results are obtained.In children they are putting many.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/31/2021 11:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, I will continue to investigate.It is something very interesting that interests us all, for now it is the future for diabetics.I inform everyone that in the Community of Madrid they are putting them for free and insulin loaders as well.You have to consult it with the endocrine of the hospital that corresponds to you and they inform you of everything.Of course, you have to do a course as I said in the previous comment.I don't know if in the rest of the communities it will be done.It's a matter of asking.
Luck!!

tete's profile photo
tete
11/01/2021 10:55 a.m.

Good @tete.I have been insulin bomb since March.I am at the Jiménez Díaz Foundation and the process was the same as you have now.Formations with the nurse specialized in diabetes issues to learn or in my case re-learning the issue of portions and hydrates.

The one they put me was the Medtronic 780G and I am very happy.They came to give several formations (I think they were 3 sessions) to the 4 that we were on the waiting list and since then.Every 4 months or less I receive by postal mail, in my house, the necessary materials for the pump.

The truth is that it is a joy.At first it costs, and it is true that you have been hanging something all after a while, but there are more benefits than the inconveniences.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
11/01/2021 3:16 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

Thank you very much Amiranda for the information.I'm glad you do well with the bomb.I already want to see how.

tete's profile photo
tete
11/01/2021 6:35 p.m.

Thank you very much amiranda@ for the information.I'm glad you do well with the bomb, I already want to see how I do it.

tete's profile photo
tete
11/01/2021 6:37 p.m.

Good @tete.I tried years ago at the San Carlos Clinical Hospital, which have an insulin bomb unit and they didn't put me more than you hit and problems so I stopped trying.This summer I have changed to Ramón y Cajal and the attitude has been the opposite, super supporter of putting it on and in a matter of months I have working it, I have only been with her for a couple of weeks but anything do not hesitate to ask.They have given me the option of Medtronic or Tandem.

elytra's profile photo
elytra
11/05/2021 3:47 p.m.

tete said:
hello everyone a question:
Have someone put the insulin bomb for social security?I am on the waiting list and in February I will have to do a nutrition course with the RYC nurses to learn to adjust carbohydrates.Until they learn to control the feeding, they do not put the pump.
If someone has already gone through it, please, please, how are you doing with the bomb?How about the course?
On the other hand, if you pay the insulin pump (very expensive, by the way) you do not have to do any course.I don't understand.
Thanks and happy diabetic results !!!!

I have bomb for social security for a few years, the 640 of Medtronics.In my opinion, it is better treatment due to the basal dose.With the pump, you can program a variable pattern (eg day/night) that controls you the glucose level, while the "slow" insulins, glargine, detection or any other are fixed and have a delay of 6-12hours.In my case, I had the problem of serious hypoglycemia, and with the pump the control improved significantly.

Social security puts the bomb by medical criteria of the endocrine, which must justify it with clinical data (to give you free, it is the same).In my case, with the problem of hypoglycemia, and being diabetic since childhood, I suppose it was relatively easy.The endocrine asked me that for 15 days he scored what he ate, physical exercise and amounts of insulin, and from there he scheduled a basal pattern and parameters for the Bolus and that was all.Then, in view of the glycemia we were changing it, and we still do it, every 6 months.

The handling of meals and I suppose they gave it to me;My control was very good, and the times when I was a young diabetic were already quite distant.So you say, your endocrine or your diabetes nurse, or both, are a bit pelmas and impertinent.

But in summary, I think the pump is positive and it is worth it.Luck,

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/07/2021 1:59 p.m.

Hello.I carry the Insigiht of Accouck that it took more than 5 years to grant me.Each X comes to me the spare parts (which is their price and are expensive).Insulin cartridges last about 3 days.I take it to the waist in a protected and phenomenal running strip.They were 3 days of training.And I have any subsidized future improvement.
Of course, they granted it to me because my pancreas has an alteration that made the injection insulin just meet my needs.It is very volatile.For example, in a couple of hours the same I do not need insulin to be pulling.With the pump it is better controlled.With the injection, you click it and the whole period is throwing whether or if to lower the sugar.With the bomb I am adjusting the sections more because with monitoring and sensors, my endocrine discovered that there are stretches that I do not need insulin to throw down (it would take me to the hypos that gave me and already controlled).

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
11/08/2021 6:18 p.m.

Thank you very much for your information Moñiño.What a problem you would have with so many hypoglycemia.How good that with the pump you have regulated.15 days pointing your data and then adjust it with the endocrine, that's great.The nutritional course is a roll but hey, everything is to improve, I have no choice ... for now to wait ...
Thank you!!

tete's profile photo
tete
11/17/2021 8:04 p.m.

Here in Asturias they are also putting many
My daughter offered it to her, although at the moment she does not want her because the control she has is good, but I think she will be the best treatment in a short time.
And, if they were without cables and connected to safe sensors, they would be the pump.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/18/2021 4 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

They must be "cheap" because yesterday they offered it to me at the Jimenez Díaz Foundation.To self -correction glycemia by hormonal changes.
I rejected it, like every time.Since I came to Madrid, they offer it to me in each consultation, instead I had to open a complaint to finance the sensor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2021 1:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Can you tell me what are the usual criteria to give you a bomb?
Thank you

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
11/18/2021 6:30 p.m.

I have practically 1 year with the Omnipod Dash, if you have questions I answer them.

Fulix's profile photo
Fulix
11/23/2021 7:26 a.m.

They are talking very well about the 780g of Minimed.Connected to sensor avoid hypos, hyper and keeps most of the time in range.
That type of bombs will be the treatment, not long.
It will be a break for everyone.
But they are still expensive and scarce.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2021 2:25 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have been bombing for more than 5 years, formerly Medtronic and now Roche.I think it is the best option to control our diabetes, at first it is a bit hard to wear a connected machine but one gets used to one.I am also a social worker and bet on the visibility of diabetes.Recently I have collaborated with the private initiative to help us in this project and we have achieved divine accessories for the bomb, I am one of the people I think we do not have to hide and that is what is intended with this project.I put the link for all those who want to dress your bomb 😉
Niagrande.com will love it !!

Ladiabetica's profile photo
Ladiabetica
11/28/2021 12:02 p.m.

Diabetica desde 2015 con bomba de insulina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.