Insulin dose separation

Teresaae's profile photo   01/11/2022 7:05 p.m.

Good afternoon,
My daughter has recently diagnosed a DM1.I have a question.Do you always have to wait 2h between dose and dose?Or if it is high, can I correct it and if you touch dinner soon put a dose at the time?Many GCS

Teresaae's profile photo
Teresaae
01/11/2022 7:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I put it before meals and at night a slow 24 h, if it is high at 2 hours to eat would avoid putting more because it can give it a drop, fast insulins have a high action of 2 h and last but with lessEffects of 3 to 5 h Depending on the clear insulin, always poise it 15 MINS before eating and avoids unless this very high dose at 2 h

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/11/2022 8:14 p.m.

teresaae said:
good afternoon,
My daughter has recently diagnosed a DM1.I have a question.Do you always have to wait 2h between dose and dose?Or if it is high, can I correct it and if you touch dinner soon put a dose at the time?Many GCS

It depends on the type of insulin and how each one reacts to them.P eg, Humalog and Novorapid will say three to five hours having the maximum peak in three hours but at me at three hours the effect is over.Now I get fiasp q it is ultrarapida and starts its effect very soon, also according to the prospect it lasts up to five hours but it lasts two for what I am high at two hours I correct, but that is over the yearsand experience.When in doubt, better to get a little high until you see and tell the endocrine, now with the sensors it is easier to see how the body reacts to insulin and food.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/11/2022 8:24 p.m.

You have to take into account the active insulin that has in the body (notIt is different!

Ask the endocrine or the specialized nurse how the ones you use work, but if you want to go an idea, it usually comes in the prospect.And well, there are also online paintings that make a summary of the most typical.

Maybe it is high in the afternoon and corregís, then you have to put less insulin at dinner because you still have part of the correction dose acting.

As support I have an app on my mobile (mine is social -diabetes, but I know there are more) that calculates according to the data that you give it the active insulin that you have left ... so I have avoided a few hypoglycemia by "anxious" (anxiety "(And still this is not an exact science!)

IMPORTANT: If there is a course at the Diabetological Education Hospital, sign up!They help a lot;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
01/11/2022 10:35 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.