{'en': 'Do I have diabetes?', 'es': '¿Tengo diabetes?'} Image

Do I have diabetes?

Agustindra68's profile photo   02/18/2022 10:17 p.m.

Hello,

In November I did a complete blood analysis because I had symptoms of celiacy, and among the results, I obtained: glucose 93 mg and glycosylated hemoglobin 7.03 (normal values: 4.80-5.90), in addition to iron values ​​below normal.

The theme of celiacy is apart, but I wanted to consult them if it could be type 2 diabetes and if possible, as I read in some places, that low iron values ​​can temporarily increase glycosylated hemoglobin, thus affecting the results.

When mentioning my gastroenterologist, he told me that I do not have diabetes, pointing out that they are values ​​that constantly fluctuate (although I am aware of it, I do not think it should be so high).

I have an appointment with the doctor later, but I wanted to get another opinion.

I do not present any symptoms or discomfort, but I had not performed analysis for years, so I do not know since when this value is elevated.

I have relatives with diabetes and my weight is adequate.

Thank you!

Agustindra68's profile photo
Agustindra68
02/18/2022 10:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The glycosilado is the average of the last 3 months, it does not go up from one day to another, with a value of 7.3, if you have diabetes, it is necessary to visit endocrine to determine if it is type 1 or 2 or it is simply an errorLaboratory

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/18/2022 11:15 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Agustintra68

As they tell you, the best thing is that you ask for an endocrine given your family history.

We started late with diabetes I, like me, we lost a lot of weight and we were thirsty infinite, and in the blood analytics I was in 300 and with a HB of 12. In fact the doctor called directly the hospital to enter me.An HB (glycosilated hemoglobin) is usually considered reasonable) below 6.2%.At least here.There are laboratories that put 6%.That is why you may have or what you are developing type 2 diabetes. But insist see an endocrine.

At the moment, until the endocrine sees you, since type 2 is insulin resistance, but your pancreas emits insulin, is that you try to reduce the carbohydrates type potatoes, pasta, juices, bread, bolleria, sugars, etc.And of course saturated fats.You can drink vegetables, chicken, eggs, fish, everything you want and fruit in moderation.And you can drink wine if you like it, although they are empty calories, glycemia will not upload you.The beer yes.Avoid how tonic, tails, juices, etc.At least they are zero.But even so, they are not highly recommended drinks.If you don't like wine, ask for water.Doing sports or walking regularly, I insist, regularly, helps a lot.

But the most important thing asks for an appointment with an endocrine.Don't leave it.Even if you don't feel like it.The fact that you are not fat, helps, but does not change things.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/19/2022 1:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

agustintra68 said:
Hello, in November I did a complete blood analysis because I was with symptoms of celiacy and among the data it came out: glucose 93mg and glycosylated hemoglobin 7.03 (v.n 4.80-5.90),and iron values ​​below normal.Celiacism is a separate issue, but I wanted to consult them if it will be T2 diabetes and if they see possible, as I read in a few places, that low iron values ​​can increase hemoglobin at times and that that has affected.
When commenting to Gastro, he told me that he did not have, that they are values ​​that change all the time (that I know, but should not be so high).I have a turn with the doctor later, but I wanted another opinion, thanks.
Edit: I have no symptoms or discomfort present, but I do not analyze years ago, so it is not done as much as I started with that value.I have relatives with diabetes, and I am in an adequate weight.

It is very curious that you have a glycosilada of 7.3 but that your glucose is at normal levels (93).Perhaps on an empty stomach but after certain foods during the day it is high and that is why the glycosilada that is the average of the last 3 months, gives diabetes values.

After 6.5, you are considered diabetes, but you must repeat the study and above all, visit your doctor, or endocrine.

It would also be good to see other sanguinea chemistry, blood biometry, urine test to see if there is glucose in urine and renal function.All these studies can be taken to the doctor so that they have more values ​​that can establish a diagnosis.

Do not stop sharing results.Good luck and blessings.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/25/2022 9:30 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Ask your doctor.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
02/28/2022 3:25 p.m.

It looks like possible prediabetes.Consult your doctor

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/21/2022 7:36 p.m.

venus13 said:
looks like possible prediabetes.See your doctor

In fact 7.3 is diabetes.Up to 6.5 I think it is prediabetes, if the memory does not fail.But he needs more studies and accurate diagnosis of an endocrine.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/21/2022 9:46 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
venus13 said:

In fact 7.3 is diabetes.Up to 6.5 I think it is prediabetes, if the memory does not fail.But you need more studies and accurate diagnosis of an endocrine.

Interesting aaah.Thanks for the correction 😊

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/25/2022 9:47 a.m.

venus13 said:
matrix said:
venus13 said:
venus13 said:

In fact 7.3 is diabetes.Up to 6.5 I think it is prediabetes, if the memory does not fail.But you need more studies and accurate diagnosis of an endocrine.

From 6.2 is diabetes

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/25/2022 5:46 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
venus13 said:
matrix said:
matrix said:
venus13 said:
venus13 said:
venus13 said:
venus13 said:
It looks like possible prediabetes.See your doctor

From 6.2 it is diabetes

At least to me when I was 6.2 they treated me as a prediabetic.

As soon as I had 7 the doctor told me that the matter could no longer be sweetened and that it was already officially considered diabetic.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/25/2022 7:27 p.m.

@matrix The "Prediabetes" does not really exist, it is like those who say "I have a little sugar."

What is an initial DM2 stadium that can be extended with good control?

Yes, but it is still diabetes starting ...

anif's profile photo
anif
03/25/2022 11:54 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
@matrix the "prediabetes" does not really exist, it is like those who say "I have a little sugar".

Well, it depends on how you want to see it.I have a friend who had prediabetes, in the mornings of 105, 112, 107, 109, 113, etc.With good nutrition and exercise it is no longer, now it has 87 and 90 glucose in the mornings, as a Swiss watch.Not all prediabetes flow into diabetes if there is good control and treatment.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/27/2022 4:18 p.m.

I update: They sent me to do the glucose tolerance test and gave me 84 fasting and 81 after 120min with glucose.I felt nothing when taking glucose.
I think it would have been a laboratory error The data of glycosilada, because I had iron below the limit, which could be considered anemia, because of Celiaquia.

Agustindra68's profile photo
Agustindra68
04/04/2022 2:25 p.m.

matrix said:
anif said:
@matrix the "prediabetes" does not really exist, it is like those that say "I have a little sugar".

Well, it depends on how you want to see it.I have a friend who had prediabetes, in the mornings of 105, 112, 107, 109, 113, etc.With good nutrition and exercise it is no longer, now it has 87 and 90 glucose in the mornings, as a Swiss watch.Not all prediabetes flow into diabetes if there is good control and treatment.

I am a diabetic and I have no values ​​greater than 100 on an empty stomach ...
Anyway, each one creates what you want to believe, but for me the "prediabetes" is a mistake and the injured party is the patient.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/04/2022 11:02 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

agustortra68 said:
update: They sent me to do the glucose tolerance test and gave me 84 in A fast and 81 after 120min with glucose.I felt nothing when taking glucose.
I think it would have been a laboratory error The data of the glycosilad

What good news, congratulations.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/05/2022 6:36 a.m.

anif said:
matrix said:
anif said:
anif said:
@matrix the "prediabetes" does not really exist, it islike those who say "I have a little sugar."

I am a diabetic and I have no values ​​greater than 100 on an empty stomach ...
Anyway, each one creates what you want to believe, but for me the "prediabetes" is a mistake and the injured party is the patient.

How much glycosylated hemoglobin?There are DB2 diabetics that have glucose in the morning, but they have very high peaks after food, or have high glucose all day, but when they get up.I have heard that.greetings.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/05/2022 6:37 a.m.

Good hem: 5.2 ... but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have the disease.Very controlled and/or in an initial stadium, but there it is.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/05/2022 10:16 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
good hem: 5.2 ... but that does not mean that he does not have the disease.Very controlled and/or in an initial stadium, but there it is.

controlled with medication?oral?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/05/2022 11:58 a.m.

So far metformin, now I'm going to "rest" a few months.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/05/2022 1:04 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.