Insulin and airport bombs

juanillo's profile photo   02/24/2022 10:38 a.m.

Hello everyone,

Now that travel restrictions begin to loosen, I have to make a few trips for work.Since I use the Medtronic 640 I have not had to take a plane.I know that as a general rule you do not have to pass the pump through X -rays or by entire body scanners.However, I have heard contradictory stories or things like people who always pass the pump for X -rays and nothing has never happened.

Passing security control is already quite tedious, having to give explanations makes it even worse and then there is the danger that these devices spoil the pump.So I would like to listen to your experiences in airports.

• Do you go directly with the pump under the arch of metals and if you whistle the report?

• Do you take off the pump and pass it by X -rays?

• Do you know that you have a bomb before passing the arch?

• Have you ever spoiled the pump because of security control?

Thanks for your comments

juanillo's profile photo
juanillo
02/24/2022 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning Juanillo, I have spent several times with the bomb through airportcarrier of my "insulin pump".The first time I remember passing it through the detector and they even slapped me with what due to the negative experience I decided to which 5 minutes have ever asked me,

Greetings

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
02/24/2022 12:13 p.m.

Good @juanillo, it happens to me like Vero83.I usually leave it in the tray and pass through the X -rays.I have ever taken it to go through the arch (informing that I was carrying it), and they have finished me.It depends on patience and the desire to discuss that I have one thing or the other.Sometimes to give visibility to the matter I do not take it off, but I end up angry with the security personnel.

Today I have to take a plane for the TARE.I do not know very well what I will do, but it is a shame that in the end we get these pimples and bad times.

I have never spoiled the pump for passing it through the rays.

All the best.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
02/24/2022 3:19 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

Knowing that you pass the x -ray pump and you have not experienced problems with it, I think I will opt for that option.I have ever been checked and the truth is that depending on the airport and the fate that one has the experience can be unpleasant.These are the things that I am more and more lazy to travel by plane :)

Thank you very much for your comments.

juanillo's profile photo
juanillo
02/25/2022 9:21 a.m.

I do not wear insulin bomb, but I lived an experience at the London airport that was to hallucinate.

The arc alarm rang, the boy lifted his shirt and before saying Pío, he had two police officers on top of him.Shouting insulin security, insulin ....... often spectacle

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/16/2022 11:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.