Types of bolis needles

javiergallardo1963's profile photo   11/09/2021 5:38 p.m.

Good afternoon, my name is Javier and I am new in the forum, 8 years with DM2 and then see what was dm1 ladget quick to throw.Put a hand please what needles you recommend for the thought, I am using the 8mm, but I see that there are 5mm and 4mm.Logic tells me that the smaller, the less pain and therefore the greater comfort, but I am worried that they get stuck.I appreciate support and thank you all.Hugs

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
11/09/2021 5:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have the same medication as you, the needle depends on the complexion, if you are more filling if they use 8 mm, if you are normal or thin action that of 5mm, I use the 5 of 5
Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/09/2021 5:56 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you very much Alberto, I am skinny following the DM I lost 20 kg and I have only recovered 5 since I put the Tresiba.I will follow your advice with the 5 mm.

javiergallardo1963
11/09/2021 8:07 p.m.

Javiergallardo1963 said:
good afternoon, my name is Javier and I am new in the forum, 8 years with DM2 and then see what was dm1 lada, things that happen ,,,, I am injecting threeiba 14Units and I follow Don Metformina, we will see how much I endure until I have to get fast to throw.Put a hand please what needles you recommend for the thought, I am using the 8mm, but I see that there are 5mm and 4mm.Logic tells me that the smaller, the less pain and therefore the greater comfort, but I am worried that they get stuck.I appreciate support and thank you all.Hugs

Hello Javier.I also used 8 mm (that if you look at Google you will see that they are advised) and following the forum use of 5mm.And better.
And a question, what have you changed the diagnosis 8 years later?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/09/2021 10:07 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello Isabel until they did not test the c peptide C was DM2, when they did they saw that I was out of rank and my beta cells were under minimum.As he was doing a lot of sport (20 km per day) and was very skinny, he endured metformin and acceptable glycemia, until the pancreas has said enough.I thank you for the tip and I will change to the 5 mm needles and try the 4mm.

javiergallardo1963
11/10/2021 12:05 a.m.

@Javiergallardo1963, Hi
Well, TB depends on each person.
You'll see I use 8mm and I'm doing very well.
I was using 5mm and returned to 8.
Weight 60kg and I measure 173cm, so in my case it is not because it is of thick complexion.
Try which one is doing better

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
11/10/2021 10:42 p.m.

Thank you very much Vanessa, the truth is that I am better 8mm, the 5 mm hurt me more when you puncture and almost always bleed the puncture thing that does not happen to me with the longest.I return to the ones I always used 😃😃

javiergallardo1963
11/13/2021 3:09 p.m.

In order for a needle to hurt the important thing is the thick G, not the length, the finest are 32 g with the length the danger that there is that you can turn a subcutaneous injection into an intramuscular with which insulin would reach the bloodstreamimmediately and the consequent risk of hypo, but each one clicks with what he wants

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/13/2021 6:56 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Javiergallardo1963 said:
Thank you veryIt happens to me.I return to the ones I always used 😃😃

It doesn't matter.
It is as the best see each one ☺.

vanessa30
11/13/2021 7:32 p.m.

@Javiergallardo1963 Another thing is to comment, that you use new needle in each puncture.
Do not reuse, less pain among other things.
I guess you will do so.
Greetings

vanessa30
11/13/2021 10:31 p.m.

Alberto Your comment regarding the risk that the needle length can send insulin to the blood flow and therefore cause a hiccup has made me think, the truth.
Vanessa always uses new needles when I inject insulin, where if I give them more than one use it is in glucometer punctures, I am Franco.By measuring me several times a day, I am lazy to change them
Greetings to both and thanks again

javiergallardo1963
11/13/2021 11:16 p.m.

@Javiergallardo1963 those of the glucometer I do not change them in each puncture and with respect to the hypo ... I now do in November 38 q I have diabetes and as a result of an insulin puncture, I have never had hypoglycemia.
Let's see, don't go with fear for you've been doing it for years and you have done well.
I already say that each person knows their body and I think that we already know where we inject.
Cheer up

vanessa30
11/14/2021 7:38 a.m.

alberto_13 said:

I use 8mm from the beginning;I have used 5mm but they don't bring me the same;The same is my nonsense, but those 2 months had to rectify much more, as if insulin did not enter well to dissolve.
In 6 years I have never caught vein to make it intravenously;Broken capillaries, even with the sensor.

The glycometer needles are mortal, my fingers of the fat people are crushed.I bought a prick with 8 positions and it doesn't matter, at 1, loose spring, it leaves me booked on my fingers.I change them frequently, but it doesn't matter if it is new, it crushes me .... It is that lately the sensors are a fiasco and I am based on capillaries.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/15/2021 2:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia you have tried the 33g, 0.20mm of the BD Micro-Fine +? I have been with these for years and for me they are the best

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/15/2021 3:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I wanted to say lancetas

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/15/2021 3:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Regarding the needles, it turns out that I have bought that accessory for the puncture the Ticke Flex, which supposes that it helps you click and not hurt you.Well, it is true, the puncture does not show why it does not arrive !!hahaha I laugh for not crying, 20 euros at all, in addition to the insecurity of whether all insulin has entered or not, or nothing, or has spilled abroad.I am about to change to needles of 6, since I still have the beginning, to see what happens, does anyone else use it?If someone uses it, any advice?

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
11/17/2021 6:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.