Insulin pump question

julia199's profile photo   01/13/2022 3:27 a.m.

Hello good to everyone, I wanted to ask a question, I have HB1ac 8.5 is very high?I've been going to the doctor for years for personal reasons ...
My intention is to put the insulin bomb, if I go to Endocrine, will they let me put?And how is the insulin pump and how is it requested?Someone can help me a little.Thank you so much

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 3:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I took it years ago and it did not do very well, I get a lot of it ate a lot ofMy is uncomfortable, think about it first

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/13/2022 11:35 a.m.

Thanks to answer, your insulin bomb is covered by Social Security and accessories?

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 12:52 p.m.

If today it is subsidized, at that time I had to fight a lot to pay me the material as catheter and syringes that the pump carries but today prescribed by an endocrine there will be no problem

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/13/2022 3:03 p.m.

It is worth very much

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 3:06 p.m.

Good, for the pump you have to meet a series of requirements ... It is not the request and already ...

These devices have a cost for social security of between € 1500-3000 and do not give it to anyone.In fact, the reason in addition to meeting these requirements must be justified.

If you have been for years without going to review and I imagine that they will first have to do if that glycmore indicated.

Also keep in mind that this device does not solve your life, that is, that if you carry a good diet you exercise etc ... normally the pump is not necessary.

marine's profile photo
marine
01/13/2022 4:41 p.m.

Thank you very much to answer.I have an endocrine appointment to March so I will ask what will tell me, because I also have to correct the guideline I had.Heard that the insulin pump is easier to control and such ... That's why I wanted a bit of info.

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 5:31 p.m.

Food, exercise and emotional state greatly affects glycemic variability.

At least, I would know how to be hooked to the bomb for not having managed the other factors that I tell you.

I know @fran_alcantara and he can tell you perfectly since he has launched to use a bomb that his controls are more or less the same with and without a bomb, where appropriate he already had an approx 6 and his handicap for the pump was the bombsport.

What I mean is that, removing specific things or very pronounced effects it is not necessary to use a bomb

marine's profile photo
marine
01/13/2022 6:15 p.m.

Okay.I am going to consult and have a little information before going to Endocrine.
Alba effects I don't have but it happens to me in the afternoon about 19: 00-20: 00h it makes me up without eating anything ...

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 6:35 p.m.

julia199 said:
ok.I am going to consult and have a little information before going to Endocrine.
Alba effects I don't have but it happens to me in the afternoon about 19: 00-20: 00h it makes me up without eating anything ...

You can have that peak without eating anything because you incorporate fat/protein into lunch.It is known as UGP and usually appears at 3-4h of the intake

marine's profile photo
marine
01/13/2022 7:53 p.m.

Aaah.Okay.What I do is click at 19:00 the novorapid so that it does not upload me so much.

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 8 p.m.

The pump is not the panacea and you have to be changing cateters, cannulas, filling the reservoir and taking it attached all day in addition to constantly checking it by adjusting the profiles, only if you are very motivated you will take advantage of you.
Greetings

ref666's profile photo
ref666
01/13/2022 8:13 p.m.

It is worth very much for your opinion!

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/13/2022 8:18 p.m.

You will tell us Julia :)

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/14/2022 12:17 a.m.

I am a medtronic bomb user 780g and I cannot be happier.I think it frees you a lot and that of having something stuck, you end up normalizing.It is true that you have to change catheter, fill reservoir, etc ... but once you get used to it is something natural ... you also have to be aware of diabetes when you do not use devices of this type.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
01/20/2022 6:03 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

Good morning, I carry the tandem t Slim although initially they gave me another whose name I do not remember, I have it 3 years ago and it does not seem a bad bomb compared to the other.The reason for putting it on was because I have a lot of sensitivity to insulin and with the pen ended many times in hip despite going basal.Now with the pump you have to make many adjustments for sections and take into account the FSI and the proportion of HC/ insulin units, it is not the panacea and with the control IQ sometimes evotes hypoglycemia but not always, it is also supposed toInsulin when you see that the values ​​are going to be> 160 but it is so little that it is not enough and you have to continue managing.If you want it to get more, you have to increase the FSI with what it entails that when you wear a bolus correction I recommend an extra bolus and end up in hiccups.It is worthy of a study.I am lately demotivated because I can't get the 7.2 glyc and this thinking even about taking it away and returning to the bowling alley for a while.The topic of the catheter or alomejor does not bother me much is that I am accustomed, for the beach I disconnect it and I only carry the canula

Greetings

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
04/11/2022 1:55 p.m.

Hello good, thank you very much for telling the experience.

julia199's profile photo
julia199
04/11/2022 8:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.