{'en': 'Doubts with glucometer measurements', 'es': 'Dudas con mediciones de glucómetro'} Image

Doubts with glucometer measurements

Websquirtle's profile photo   03/03/2022 5:14 p.m.

Good to all!

I have been a couple of days that the glucometer gives me "unusual" readings has coincided with several days that I have been without measuring and just when I have resumed it is when it has passed.

I usually got up every day in the fork of 110-120 and 2h after eating was over 140 controlling or about 180 if for the reason that was a bit I had a little.

But now on an empty hand marks me about 90 and 2h after eating little more above 100 (and for example now that I just measured 2h after eating 91), and the truth is that it scals me, because as much as I rejoiceI do not believe that this variation is because my body has suddenly improved as well as handling glucose.

So, my question is, is there any way to be able to check if the glucometer is giving erroneous readings?

More than anything to make sure that what I see is the right thing and that I am not clicking at all.

Thank you!!!

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
03/03/2022 5:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, you massage your fingers before doing the capillary test.But the glucometer is quite accurate.

I do not know what type of diabetes you have, but insulin needs are not always the same .. also the stress the exercise .. Everything counts.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/03/2022 5:43 p.m.

I am not injected insulin, I am alone with 850 metformin, but the truth is that these variations surprise me even knowing that in this 2+2 it is rarely 4.

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
03/03/2022 5:48 p.m.

You may need to reduce the amount of metformin, it is a matter of consulting it with your endocrine.But I already tell you that the glucometer is normally reliable.You can also go to a pharmacy to take a test and contrast with your glucometer.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/03/2022 6:18 p.m.

You have the perfect values, do not change anything.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/03/2022 9:13 p.m.

As Anaisabel says you have perfect values.You may be going down with your treatment because I am going well.But I would go to a pharmacy to verify that the glucometer is ok and stay calm.
The two hours after eating ... is that it depends a lot on what you have eaten.The fats go up too late, to me at 4 or 5 hours, if I measure me at 2 I usually remain low.That is why what you tell is not unusual.But check that the glucometer is fine and you stay calm.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/03/2022 11:15 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

To control that the glucometer is going well, I have Accouchek and I had to directly contact the brand to send me a check kit.And I discovered that the strips were wrong, but they measured me a lot.Maybe I was trembling with hypoglycemia and put that I was before meals with 140, after super low food in hydrates more than 200. I was super scammed those days ... and in the end I verified that it was that boat of strips, I think thatThey spoiled me because I left my bag in the car.
But let's tell you that eating for example at breakfast the same always, every day I have totally different values.Moreover, last week I went to take a walk a day after breakfast and I was like an hour and two hours after breakfast was up to the previous days.It is very difficult ... I do not know without wearing social security as there are people who can control without them or with the fair ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/03/2022 11:22 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
to control that the glucometer is going well, I have accouchek and I had to directly contact the brand to send me a check kit.And I discovered that the strips were wrong, but they measured me a lot.Maybe I was trembling with hypoglycemia and put that I was before meals with 140, after super low food in hydrates more than 200. I was super scammed those days ... and in the end I verified that it was that boat of strips, I think thatThey spoiled me because I left my bag in the car.
But let's tell you that eating for example at breakfast the same always, every day I have totally different values.Moreover, last week I went to take a walk a day after breakfast and I was like an hour and two hours after breakfast was up to the previous days.It is very difficult ... I do not know without wearing social security as there are people who can control without them or with the fair ...

It is impossible to control without strips unless they have supernatural powers.
That is why so many type 2 diabetics are so poorly controlled.If they do not put insulin, 0 strips.I get slow and fast, 3. And above in the last review the endo told me that there were many, that I was going to take them away ...
I told him that I do not speak, that I buy the sensor but I am unemployed and I do not know how long I will be able to continue buying it, and that in addition, with 3 daily strips there is not even to start.And he left them, but only with 3 strips I do nothing.
Thus I know people, with glycos above 7 that tell you all convinced that they never reach 200 ...
They are measured once a day in the morning and walking ...
Before starting to buy the sensor I had already bought another glucometer with cheap strips (those of which they were given € 47 the 50 strips and I had to buy at the beginning).With health it is not played.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/04/2022 8:32 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.