Covid with minor symptoms but with hyperglycemia

javiergallardo1963's profile photo   01/25/2022 6:20 p.m.

Good afternoon ,
I am Lada for about 9 years and as many of us have caught the Covid.Volume for Diabetes Tresiba 13u and Humalog 4/5/3.I have mild symptoms for three days, such as a light cold, headache, some mucus and a little throat pain, all very manageable.I wear the three guidelines with Pfizer.
So far everything is good, but another thing is glycemia, it eats what I am generated.
Something similar happened to the forum friends?Do you recommend not eating HC as long as I have Covid and I avoid hyperglycemia?
Thank you very much for your tips

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
01/25/2022 6:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Javiergallardo1963 said:
good afternoon,
I am Lada for about 9 years and as many of us have caught the Covid.Volume for Diabetes Tresiba 13u and Humalog 4/5/3.I have mild symptoms for three days, such as a light cold, headache, some mucus and a little throat pain, all very manageable.I wear the three guidelines with Pfizer.
So far everything is good, but another thing is glycemia, it eats what I am generated.
Something similar happened to the forum friends?Do you recommend not eating HC as long as I have Covid and I avoid hyperglycemia?
Thank you very much for your tips

Hello, I hadn't heard something like that.Why don't you ask your endocrine?(And you share)

matrix's profile photo
matrix
01/26/2022 2:12 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix, how are you?
Any infection can raise glucose, you will need faster or lower hydrates.If between meals and at night go up, you may also have to upload the slow a few days.
I can't tell you from experience with Covid, but it will alter the controls.
That you recover soon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2022 2:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Try to make some low meals in hydrates and see how

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/26/2022 9:49 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thank you very much Regina, as kind as ever, I will follow your recommendations.Greetings

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
01/26/2022 2:08 p.m.

What I did was to increase the fast and 2 you slow, but it was only 2 days and I did not change my diet;As a few hydrates, I did not consider it necessary.
As I had only this symptom (normal with any virus or bacteria), at night, when there are no people, I was going to walk with my mask and avoid all people, I also managed to use less insulin and try to be morestable.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/27/2022 noon

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello good morning,
I spent the covid in December of this last year and also gained glycemia for 3 or 4 days, like all viruses, I was uploading novorapid and threeiba to the need of glycemia

barry's profile photo
barry
01/30/2022 1:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.