{'en': 'The Ukraine War', 'es': 'La guerra de Ucrania'} Image

The Ukraine War

evacf's profile photo   03/13/2022 10:36 a.m.

Hello!

I always imagine what happens if one day is scarce everything that for diabetics is essential insulin, needles, sensors, or food.

And as this supply should be in case of a war.

I put my hair on end when I read that in the War of Russia with Ukraine in a town the first thing they made the pharmacy ...

Greetings,

evacf's profile photo
evacf
03/13/2022 10:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well yes, it's something that I also consider these days ...

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
03/13/2022 11:27 a.m.

Sadly, we would not have access people on foot.Only the privileged could afford relevant medications

mcrincon's profile photo
mcrincon
03/13/2022 8:28 p.m.

DM tipo 1| Toujeo + NovoRapid | Freestyle 2 + MiaoMiao 2| A1c 6,3 03/22

I remember a diabetic grandfather who in the civil war was scarce of insulin and food and spend the fatal but well there was the man with 94 years, that if he lost his fingers of the foot for the sugar

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
03/13/2022 9:21 p.m.

@ROGERIX, a survivor your grandfather !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2022 11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I was afraid when the independence of Catalonia (I am from BCN) was declared, when the pandemic, when there were rumors of a blackout, of a shortage, now with the war ...

I've been not stopping for 5 years.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/13/2022 11:58 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It happens to me the same @sherpa41, I overwhelm me with everything, but you see that it is solved, hopefully this too.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2022 3:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have thought about it too.It is afraid to think what would happen to us, so dependent on insulin ... better not to give it many laps.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/14/2022 8:10 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

regina said:
The same thing happens to me @sherpa41, I overwhelm me with everything, but you see that it is solving, hopefully this too.

If I try to go more and more insulin boxes at the beginning.Now with 2 already shot.

My friends always tell me that you have to go to the mountain move away from civilization, they do not understand that there is no alternative to insulin and strips or sensors.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/14/2022 11:49 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

These things are inevitable that come to thought. Seeing, I see TV, but I think some things exam them, hopefully things are fixed, because, thinking otherwise does not help anything,
A sevitor with just over 40 years of diabeticFor diabetes.
Overwhelm and be negative does not help.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
03/14/2022 6:28 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
I went fear when the independence of Catalonia (I am from BCN) was declared, when the pandemic, when there were rumors of a blackout, of a shortage, now with the war ...

I've been not stopping for 5 years.

I am also from BCN.I was not afraid with any of those circumstances, go, nor did it go through my head, but now yes, now fear, a real fear, really fear.

What about Ukrainian diabetics (and other patients)?If food is scarce and there are no medications ... And what will happen to us if this war extends?Spain is in NATO, we cannot be neutral, we would enter fully into the conflict.

I am very afraid, but not fear of dying, if not how we would die if a bomb did not fall and died from the lack of insulin and adequate food ...

Emily's profile photo
Emily
03/14/2022 11:12 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

emily said:
sherpa41 said:

I am also from BCN.I was not afraid with any of those circumstances, go, nor did it go through my head, but now yes, now fear, a real fear, really fear.

What about Ukrainian diabetics (and other patients)?If food is scarce and there are no medications ... And what will happen to us if this war extends?Spain is in NATO, we cannot be neutral, we would enter fully into the conflict.

I am very afraid, but not fear of dying, if not how we would die if a bomb did not fall and died from the lack of insulin and adequate food ...

To me that Rogerix's grandfather survived the civil war being diabetic, has reduced my concern.Rare would be that in 2022 with all advances in technique and transport that will happen.

That if I always say if we had any medical alternative to insulin injection everything would be much better.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/14/2022 11:24 p.m.

I wonder:

In case of not having insulin, the type 1 we could do?

How long will we survive without insulin?

Is it possible not to raise glucose levels based on eating small amount of any specific food?

Do we have the possibility of doing or going already doing something (just in case) or is there nothing to do about it?

I also want this to end soon, but I think it does not matter, if it is not the war will be a very fat economic crisis that stops everything (factories, transport, leisure, etc.) and if not, they will already invent something to annoy theGood people.

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
03/20/2022 12:53 p.m.

narcissus said:
I wonder:

In case of not having insulin, the type 1 we could do?

How long will we survive without insulin?

Is it possible not to raise glucose levels based on eating small amount of any specific food?

Do we have the possibility of doing or going already doing something (just in case) or is there nothing to do about it?

I also want this to end soon, but I think it does not matter, if it is not the war will be a very fat economic crisis that stops everything (factories, transport, leisure, etc.) and if not, they will already invent something to annoy theGood people.

Glucose always rises even though that does not eat that if more moderate so that without insulin and you eat the levels, they would rise but little so the damage slows down, but it is producing the same as with insulin the total control does not exist, but there is nothan to put in the denying.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/20/2022 2:19 p.m.

rogerix said:
I remember a diabetic grandfather who in the civil war there was scarce of insulin and food and made it fatal but well there was the man with 94 years, that if he lost his fingers of the footFor sugar

Ays what has had to happen then 😱
It is an example of value, and hopefully some time the human being does not have to pass one more war.Courage 🙏 ♥ ️

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/21/2022 6:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.