{'en': 'Problem with slow insulin injection.', 'es': 'Problema con la inyección de insulina lenta.'} Image

Problem with slow insulin injection.

Angelo's profile photo   03/13/2022 12:36 p.m.

Hello everyone,

My medium son is 14 years old, he has been with type 1 diabetes for 2 years.

Use Bolis and Freestyle 2, usually has diabetes well controlled, but we have noticed that sometimes it fails in a puncture, when it is fast, it has no problem, if you see that it does not enter you correct and ready.

The problem is when the slow one does not enter, because the next day it is very something every day and continuously correcting.

We have already tried to do the insulin injection endures at least 10 seconds, but several times a month it fails.

It is very thin and fibrous, the slow one usually clicks in the ass or leg, but in the ass hurts more than in the leg, in the leg we believe, that by the muscle sometimes it does not enter well and sometimes it hashardness, so you have to rest the area for some time.

Has it ever happened to you?

Recommendations?

Thank you so much

Angelo's profile photo
Angelo
03/13/2022 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my case, I have noticed the change from Lantus to Tresiba, both Tresiba and Toujeo are two slows that the duration is close to 48 hours and it can come well.When I travel to Asia or the US I kept clicking and works well for me.

Not to forget, I have the pen on the table and shed when I go to sleep.Thus, it is the way I assure myself that I always put it at a certain hour.

Lately, I'm putting the slow leg and alternate every week.During the week I alternate in different areas at the height of the quadriceps.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
03/13/2022 1:22 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

The slow one usually goes well in the upper part of the buttock.
Maybe you need a more length needle ..
That always purge the ball with two units before clicking.
The Lantus or the Threeiba can also be put with syringe, taking it out of the ball. The toujeo no, they are different units.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2022 4:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you so much!;The use of Toujeo, used to use Lantus and Tresiba.
How can I know if you need a more length needle?
Thank you

Angelo's profile photo
Angelo
03/13/2022 5:01 p.m.

Thank you so much!!
He clicks on the leg, but in the side zone of the thigh, but numbs on the front, I will tell him to try in the frontal area.Thank you so much

Angelo's profile photo
Angelo
03/13/2022 5:06 p.m.

5 mm is the ideal needle measure for people not very thick more length can convert a subcutaneous puncture into intramuscular with the consequent risk of hypo

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/13/2022 5:30 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thanks Alberto, the USA 4 mm, but has almost no fat, so I think the measure is correct.

Angelo's profile photo
Angelo
03/13/2022 5:41 p.m.

The Lantus always put it in my ass, but with Tresiba, which uses it since they market it in Spain, I always put it in the arm and I have no problem.
For slow insulins it is recommended in the ass because the area is slower absorption.
In the thigh better on the side.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/13/2022 9:56 p.m.

@Angelo I have the same problem since the needles have changed, I used 8mm and they were going great, now they are prohibited and they give me 6mm and insulin does not work, neither the fast nor the slow one.It does not reach my fat to dissolve, it stays on the surface and all the units do not reach me.I have thick and hard skin, and fat where insulin is not usually put on :)

I get toujeo in the buttocks, in my legs it hurts me and huge bruises.
Touejo is an insulin concentration where 300 units is 1ml of insulin, so you can make the conversion to put insulin with an external jarnguinlla.In my case, I use 14 units, which are 0.05ml of insulin .... The problem is that there are no external needles of such precision.The one I have goes in ml, does not admit fractions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2022 8:38 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much Ruth, the child's problem is that it has almost no fat, in the previous grid area, he says he does not want to prick because he does not find pinched flesh, with what abuses the sides and sometimes durables comes out and we believe that noThe toujeo enters.
Thank you very much again and greetings

Angelo's profile photo
Angelo
03/14/2022 9:24 a.m.

anaisabel said:
the lantus always put it in my ass, but with threeiba, which uses it since they market it in Spain, I always put it in the arm and I have no problem.
For slow insulins it is recommended in the ass because the area is slower absorption.
In the thigh better on the side.

Thank you so much!
Greetings
Angelo

Angelo's profile photo
Angelo
03/14/2022 9:28 a.m.

regina said:
The slow one usually goes well in the upper part of the buttock.
Maybe you need a more length needle ..
That always purge the ball with two units before clicking.
The Lantus or the Threeiba can also be put with syringe, taking it out of the ball. The toujeo no, they are different units.

What syringes do you use, regina?I am considering it.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/20/2022 7:12 p.m.

@meginer, they always gave him the BD in average unit and 8 mm, they are still using for the slow in the buttock ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/20/2022 8:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@meginer, they always gave him the BD of average unit and 8 mm, they are the ones who continue to use for the slow one in the buttock ...

Do they give them to the health center yet?How are there now feathers, can they make a problem?I imagine that they are not prescribed but what do they give them, right?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/20/2022 8:29 p.m.

Yes, they are given, since childhood, those who do not ask are those of the Boli, those buys them, I think that online ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/20/2022 8:43 p.m.

regina said:
yes, they are given, since childhood, those who do not ask are those of the ball, those buy them, I think that online ..,

It is different according to the community, here the needles for the feathers, the syringes I do not know how I have never used them, since I was a child, I will find out, I will find out.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/20/2022 11:01 p.m.

@meginer, here they give you what you need, surely half of each other would also give him, but I don't know why he has it that way ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/21/2022 2:25 a.m.

Angelo said:
Thank you very much!;The use of Toujeo, used to use Lantus and Tresiba.
How can I know if you need a more length needle?
Thank you

I also use toujeo.At first it was hard for me to use it, but what I do and recommend is to take some skin to inject.In this way for me it is more comfortable.I hope it serves you because the needle was not inserted either and that is the smallest.

Venus13's profile photo
Venus13
03/21/2022 6:43 p.m.

regina said:
@meginer, here they give you what you need, surely half of each other would also give it, but I don't know why he has it that way ..

Well, in my center what they give are the needles for the feathers but there are no 0.3 syringe of a half -unit, I have taken some q in the emergency service.For some mixture it is good for me and also for the slow one.I think these are, right?
Anyway I don't think a box of these is very expensive to buy them

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/23/2022 4:45 p.m.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/23/2022 4:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.