Ketones

almuvaldes22's profile photo   03/14/2022 7:11 p.m.

Good afternoon, I am Type 1 diabetics for year and Mdeio, yesterday I play analysis, and in my urine I get,
ketones, value 5, negative range ... I should worry ... the night before the analysis I had to be correcting all night, because it didn't go down, it can be for that.Thanks a greeting

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
03/14/2022 7:11 p.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22, if you have the glucose controlled, do not worry about the ketones.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2022 midnight

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@almovaldes22, if you have the glucose controlled it, do not worry about the ketones.

THANKS ... I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE 5 BUT LUWGO NEGATIVE RANGE ... THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING

almuvaldes22
03/15/2022 12:39 p.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22 positive ketones with normal glucose are not a problem, it simply is that your body is using fat instead of glucose as the main source of energy (normal in fasting or in very low diets in hydrates).Only if you have high glucose for a long time or use pump and the catheter is clogged, the blood ketones must be seen.When there is a lack of insulin is when there is a risk of ketoacidosis and there it would be necessary to measure and put insulin until normalizing the glucose.Using slow bolis, if you don't forget any doses it is very difficult to have ketoacidosis.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/16/2022 7:21 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

yesssica_a said:
@almuvaldes22 positive ketones with normal glucose are not a problem, it simply is that your body is using fat instead of glucose as the main source of energy (normal in fasting or invery low hydrates diets).Only if you have high glucose for a long time or use pump and the catheter is clogged, the blood ketones must be seen.When there is a lack of insulin is when there is a risk of ketoacidosis and there it would be necessary to measure and put insulin until normalizing the glucose.Using slow bolis, if you don't forget any doses it is very difficult to have ketoacidosis.

Thank you very much for answering

almuvaldes22
03/16/2022 10:18 a.m.

Sugarsugar

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.