Diabetes research lines

Josemibi's profile photo   12/01/2021 12:46 p.m.

In case someone interested him yesterday a report came out in the country (sponsored by Novo Nordisk) about the research lines of type 1 diabetes.

To highlight, research with mothers cells and smart insulins (which would only act in case of high glucose).

Link

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/01/2021 12:46 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Very interesting.
Thanks @josemibi

Too bad antibodies would not use the implant issue:

"However, the ongoing research in humans must overcome an important stumblingor a bacterium tries to penetrate it.nutrients, but not antibodies or white blood cells that can attack beta cells. ”

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/01/2021 2:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you @Josemibi I hope all these investigations continue and we can enjoy a cure sooner rather than later.In the last part of the article, they talk about smart insulins and that they could be available much earlier.The truth is that I didn't know they were already so developed.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
12/01/2021 2:58 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

ruthbia said:
"Researchers have thought of encapsulating beta cells before introducing them into the body, a defense that can be very effective, says Dr. Merino."The membrane allows insulin output and glucose entry and nutrients, but not of antibodies or white blood cells that can attack beta cells."

They have thought something that has been investigated for 30 years.With not very good results

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/01/2021 5:11 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I trust the next bombs.They have to work alone.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2021 11:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I trust the next bombs.They have to llagar to work very well.

I hope that the following pumps have a kind of glucagon, in addition to insulin, because I use only 0.4u/h, and when it starts to go down, although the basal deactivates me, it is not enough.For the rest, I am very happy with her, it is the only skinny point that I see for now.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
12/02/2021 2:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been waiting for 31 years and they have not drawn anything, only smaller needles and new

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/15/2021 2:42 p.m.

I am glad that it continues to investigate but obviously I know that it will no longer take me, I have 38 years of evolution and some visual problem.But still, it is welcome, of course.

I want to tell Rogerix what he considers good control to avoid almost 100 p 100 complications.It is demonstrated that what the Diabetes Federation says is not real, to consider a good control of 7, it is not enough, that means that there is an average of 170-180 or more and that is high although we see it acceptable.There are already currents who advocate a gyrose below 6 to avoid long -term complications.I do not remember ever having gyrusted below 6, now I am trying to low -hydrates, the last 6.1, and with my effort.It is difficult but the ideal is to resemble a person. No diabetic in control.Today, although it is difficult, it can be achieved, when I started 38 years ago, no, the controls and types of insulin were very different and it was difficult to get good control.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/15/2021 6:52 p.m.

I have always had my glybine between 7-8, for me a diabetic below 6 is a diabetic that makes hypoglycemia, I have come to 6.5 but from 7 they have never lowered me, I have known with glycades of 10-11And several complications already, when I started, I put an actrapid and a white nocturnInsulin feathers and needles are thinner and short15 years and fail to control stem cells are very strong and end up tumors, for now they are only used to regenerate cartilage in athletes with injuries, we have raw it

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/16/2021 12:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.