{'en': 'DM1 Metformin or insulin….?', 'es': 'DM1 metformina o insulina….?'} Image

DM1 Metformin or insulin….?

LiArs's profile photo   03/20/2022 4:23 p.m.

Good to everyone!

I tell you a little about my situation ...

DM2 in February 2021, passed to DM1 after antibody analytics ... tried with Jentadueto until 1 month ago (1-0-1) ... if as the numbers began to rise a lot (150/135/160) on an empty stomach in the morning, I decided to start using the Toujeo, which had given me in principle, suspended in 5 days for good response ... Well, I used it again 1/03/2022.

The numbers are of Russian mountains 🎢 Incredible….202… With the usual dinner, and 6u at 21 from Toujeo… I am running out of ideas…. But what I canwhich are for DM2), that with insulin, which is supposedly what is missing in my body …… 😒

If you can tell me a little, if there is someone here, who is living or has lived something similar ... I have a visit in April with private endo and in June with SS.On Tuesday I will talk to my medical head ... Let's see ...

Thank you all for this support and help!

LiArs's profile photo
LiArs
03/20/2022 4:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Liars, is that diabetes evolves, sometimes faster than others.Each person is different in this and the treatment is adjusted.Surely the insulin dose will increase to wake up with better controls, the doctor will tell you. But it takes time the adjustment ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/20/2022 5:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And also with only basal insulin and pills you have to care for food.And exercise

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/20/2022 5:42 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
and also with only basal insulin and pills you have to carefully carefully the food.And exercise

It is what I do… as super good (lifelong), endless vegetables, chicken ... at night Yogurt Light, some avocado….Daily exercise ... I walk about 6-8 km, if I can't go out, I run home with the Nintendo Wii 20 min ...What occurs to me…. The adjustment that I need ... premenopause… .. I have no rule for 83 days and I think it can also have to do….thin, the rule leaves… .. well I don't know… ..

LiArs's profile photo
LiArs
03/20/2022 7:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

liars said:
alberto_13 said:
and also with only basal insulin and pills you have to be careful a lot.And exercise

It is what I do… as super good (lifelong), endless vegetables, chicken ... at night Yogurt Light, some avocado….Daily exercise ... I walk about 6-8 km, if I can't go out, I run home with the Nintendo Wii 20 min ...What occurs to me…. The adjustment that I need ... premenopause… .. I have no rule for 83 days and I think it can also have to do….thin, the rule leaves… .. well I don't know… ..

Anyway, if you have already diagnosed DM1 you should use slow and fast insulin, although metformin is never others since what does best is to reduce insulin resistance, natural or synthetic.Talk to your endocrine and do not part of the family doctors on these issues, unless weird exceptions, I do not want someone to be angry at the forum !!

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/20/2022 8:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

If you are DM1 you need insulin for each meal, novorapid or humalog.
Toujeo costs around 1 month regular.You should not change the units until 3 days pass and just increase if you get up above 140mg/dl.

And premopause is disgusting, I am fed up with hormonal lack of control.

You need an endocrine, the header does not treat diabetes 1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/22/2022 7:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.