Purgated injector

javiergallardo1963's profile photo   12/01/2021 4:26 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am DM1 Lada and I am injecting Tresiba (16u) and Humalog (3/4/3), I am in the stabilization phase of my glycemia, it is not being easy.The purging of the injector of both insulins I always do when the injector releases, but not in the subsequent punctures.In Humalog's instructions he indicates that every time, before each injection, purge with 2 units ,,,, is a tremendous waste of insulin and the truth I do not know if it is always worth doing to make sure that the injector works well.Do you always purge before each injection of insulin Humalog?Thank you so much

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
12/01/2021 4:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, you always have to purge. You are right that it is a waste but you make sure that the dose you are injected is correct

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/01/2021 4:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Yes, 2 units for Novorapid and 3 units for Toujeo, vertically so that there are no air bubbles.
The manufacturer puts it in the prospect.

Look at the amount of insulin that remains in the pen when it ends, another waste.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/01/2021 4:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not see it waste if we do not do it that insulin may not between good.You have to always do it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2021 5:12 p.m.

Thank you very much, I will do so from now on with the Humalog !!With the Tresiba do you also recommend purging before each puncture?If I remember correctly, the prospect only speaks of purging the first time for that insulin ,,.

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
12/01/2021 5:31 p.m.

With all insulins you have to do it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2021 6:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.