GLUCOMETER AND LABORATORY EXAMS

arizona32's profile photo   12/13/2021 7:32 p.m.

Hi, I would like to know if there is a difference between fasting glucose with a glucometer and another in a laboratory exam.Are there many differences in the results?Do you have done the test and how and how reliable is a glucometer?And finally, how do I test a food with a glucometer, that is, if I ate it at how many hours or minutes I must register the glucometry to see the impact that this food has on my glucose?

arizona32's profile photo
arizona32
12/13/2021 7:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With a glucometer is complicated because each food, depending on that in addition to hydrates, wearing more fats or fiber, rises different.These retard the climb.It also greatly influences the amount ingested and also in each person it is different ...
The only way of knowing this is with a sensor.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/13/2021 8:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@arizona32, glucometers should not have an error of more than 15%.
To see the effect of a meal, a measure is usually recommended before eating and two hours later.
Continuous sensors give much more information, but a glucometer was the only thing we had until recently and always gave us good values, comparable with analytics.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/14/2021 12:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.