Doubts: very little pancreas and without diabetes

Magucha's profile photo   01/10/2022 3:45 a.m.

Hello everyone.I have introduced myself for a while.In February 2020 I was removed most of the pancreas.Since then they follow me in the endocrine consultation.The last time was in September last year and the next is in April.I was at 6.4% glycosilada and went down.The last one was 6. My biggest problem is that they give me downs and when it happens to me, I find me fatal.I have very slow digestions and when I have a downturn I find it very difficult to recover.The endocrine told me that it was not dangerous because I have no medication for diabetes but when it gives me it seems that I am going to stay in the attempt.From time to time I use free freeyle 2 (on my own, they don't want to prescribe it) and marks very low values ​​sometimes.I called the endocrine to comment and told me that he did not trust that "pot."So, I started to make my hair every time I noticed something strange (they don't supply me with that material either).Well, the fact is that after 3- 3 and a half hours after the last meal I sometimes get out and in a very short time it starts to go down ... in less than half an hour ... and it remains between 130 and 90 ...On the other hand, I also have several readings of 27, 24.31 ... very low values ​​... I told the primary care doctor and tells me that he cannot do anything, as is already in the hands of endocrine ...But he says that it seems to him that the glucometer may be wrong.Although I have 2 of the same brand but different model that use the same strips and in the two those values ​​come out ... they are contour, one the next and the other XT ... I do not know what to do ... with the free I have theLow alarm in 80 and when I whistle as jelly beans, which is the best I say and then a pair of cookies.If I let it go down more, in less than 3 minutes I am in 40-30 and to overcome ... ufff ... I spend more than an hour and a half flown.But without him, when I want to realize I am trembling and soaked in sweat and with an unbearable dream ...
I also made a pharmacy glycosilada yesterday and it came out 5.7 ... Do you know if those pharmacy tests are reliable?It would be a great result although in my case, they say everyone, miraculous due to the little pancreas that I have left ... and I already left the tostón, forgive, it was to put you in the background ...
The questions: Is the glucometers that I use wrong be the most likely?Or the strips?I think it is well saved ... where I live does not rise much the temperature and I have it in a dry place ... but I no longer rule out anything ... And the result of the pharmacy test is very crazy taking into accountthose readings?
The doctor who takes me from Digestive says that he believed that these low values ​​are dangerous, but that the response of the endocrine baffled him, that he was going to talk to her.But until April I have no consultation, so I don't know what to do until then ...
In case someone has more knowledge on this issue and serves, I was taken away from the pancreas and part of my head ... they left me a trill of just under 2cm headed and a juxtaduodenal head ....
Sorry for the grilled and thank you in advance.
Huge greeting ... and happy year to all !!!

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
01/10/2022 3:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marucha, happy year.
I remember you, you wrote a while ago.
I still think that your endocrine is not giving you the treatment you deserve.How is it normal to have values ​​of thirty -many or that the Marque High glucometer?And that you are fatal every two for three ...
It seems incredible.
I do not know if it is possible to change endocrine, if you can do it, and if not, at least put a complaint to the current one because they must get you controlled.It is yours.
Let's see what they think here, I suppose the same.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/10/2022 10:26 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello!!Thanks for answering !!Well, the truth that I called her twice, one when the Free and another to tell him about the glucometer and told me that it is only dangerous when you use insulin, that I would not worry.I told the digestive and stayed a little caught.And he told me that he had touched the most bother from the hospital ... that is ... that I read on his face and comment, it would be a matter of changing if there was a better possibility.My head doctor worked several years in the same hospital and told me the same, that I had luck... Anyway ... let's see if someone else tells me something ... Let's see what decision I made ... the truth that I am still super lost on this issue ... and that I get the glycosilada and get out ofprediabetes (according to Pharmacy) ...
Thanks for answering and greetings !!

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
01/10/2022 10:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.