Hello everyone

ely88's profile photo   04/18/2022 10:42 a.m.

Hello, two months ago (I have been flying) I made a debut in DT1 with 33 years and without any relative with diabetes.In June I did routine analytics and had no altered value to indicate that it would be diabetic a few months later.Enter with 510 glucose and a glycosity of 13.4
A month ago I was already given the freestyle sensor because I maintained the glucose values ​​quite well, but I have not been able to finish adjusting the values ​​correctly and I have higher peaks.I have also seen that fasting glucose is giving me high spikes (I explain better, I'm going to sleep and I'm in 90 and I get up and I'm in 120, when I check the sensor data I see that I get off a little all night about the night about80 But when they arrive at 6, I start up to 120) I had not happened so far and I don't know if it's normal.
Sometimes I feel that I more or less understand how it works and on other occasions I find that I do not understand anything, I guess it will be normal ...
I thank you if you can give me some idea and if you have any advice.Thank you!

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Ely88

All normal!In type 1 diabetes

The peaks that you comment are not really great peaks.It is impossible that we are flat.Do not become obsessed with that.Lying in 90 and getting up in 120, I believe that 99% of people with DM1 of this forum would sign for life.

You just started and you have to learn how your body reacts.In addition at the beginning you can be able to generate some insulin and that will complicate your life more.Then you will change the factors and you will need more insulin for the same amount of hydrates.That is the complicated part.Know how to adapt to changes.Then you will stabilize.But it can be two month, or three or four or five ... unpredictable.

Remember the quick controls.And you adjust the past two/three hours.If you make meals with constant amount of carbohydrates it will be easier that you learn and see the changes and you can react.

To adjust the slow one, if you put it in the afternoon, the system is to look at how you lie and then check how you get up.If for about three days you are uploaded high (eg you go to bed at 90 and you get up by 150 or above) you have to increase slowly.

Patience and encouragement

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/18/2022 12:33 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, thank you very much for the answer
In principle I try to control the intake of CH and be more or less constant.With the rapid in principle I have a ratio of 0.7 approx, but since this week they are altering me all the values ​​with respect to other weeks because it generates more doubts.NOVATA SINS I guess.Thanks for your answer, leaves me quieter

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 12:58 p.m.

@Ely88

Ask in the forum.Someone will answer!Although each are very different, there are many common issues.

For the factors it is important so well that you are going to do after eating.The truth is not easy.But do not worry or obsessions in excess.Because this is for life.That is why it is important to have your head in place and lean on friends, couple, etc. and doctors but without overwhelming them.You will put the leg like everyone and several times!Remember not everything revolves around your diabetes!That takes time to learn.I cost me about two years and some other anger.

But for you to get an idea of ​​how important it is to know and anticipate what one is going to do after eating.At breakfast if I take three rations of carbohydrates and I'm going to work walking (about two kilometers of walk), I get 3.5 u quickly.And that I have proven that it allows me to avoid glucose along the way or corrections when I get to work.More or less.But if I stay at telelo by teleworking I have to put 4.5 or if I was around 100 or 5 or if it was by 130. A considerable difference

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/18/2022 1:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi, @Ely88: Take advantage of these months to learn.I read a lot about diabetes, I discovered this forum, I asked everything.

I imagine that now you will be on the honeymoon and that you still have insulin producing cells.

Think that everything you learn now will have to modify it later, but it is good to have a base and try to understand how our body works.Above all do not despair and see that I know it is easy to say it because this happy disease requires attention 24 hours a day, but I assure you that it copes.

Your nocturnal glycems are great.As Jldiazdel says, I already signed because it was always the case.

If you put "Diabetes" you will have a lot of information on Google.I leave you others that I like very much and that I continue:
Link
Link
Link
Link

And remember what we always say from the Diabetes Club 1: What serves me does not have to serve you.

I tell you things that have been very good for me to learn:
- Distinguish quick hydrates from slow;
- Take food with fiber;
- Do not drink fast hydrates or a lot of fat at night if I have to get up early.Then the sensor alarms do not let me hit;
- Know that proteins and fats are momentary friends, but then they are treacherous;
- If the food requires a lot of fast, do not put it all suddenly;
- Take into account the time of the day I am to calculate the fast and how much childThe dinner puts half as a fast that would have put me for that same intake at lunch);
- When doing sports, distinguishing whether it is one of those who gets up or lowers me;
- Never forget, even if it is to go to make quick errands, to wear glucose with me;
- Be patient when I have corrected with fast or needed glucose when looking at the free;
- Knowing that I can eat everything, that that's what the quick is for;
- Know that when I varied the units of slow, I have to wait three days to see results;
- Assimilate that now is now and that in half an hour everything may have changed because there are many other factors that intervene.

You ask what you need.:-)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/18/2022 1:56 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I had not fallen at work, but all the reason there are days that I do not stop and I have more stress and days when I practically do not move from the chair (I will sign it to see how it affects me)
If for what I have been able to read each person is a world and affects it very differently.
I try to rely on my closest circle and the truth is that I have received great support from everyone, from my boss who immediately told me to take me every day I will need to recover both I had the drop as if they were discharged, everyoneThe classmates, family, friends ... I suppose.Although there are times when I would like everything to be easier and that I just started hahahaha.
All the best

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 2:01 p.m.

Hi @Palomilla, thanks for the tips.If I have looked for information, especially in the first days that I felt very lost and did not give me almost information so as not to overwhelm me and that I think it had the opposite effect.
If I have noticed that when I do sports even if it is mild, I get very fast x what I try to do it when I have finished eating and always with some glucose tablet nearby.I also have juice and cookie just in case.
I have noticed that if I go out to eat out of the house it takes longer to return to normal values ​​but I suppose it will be because you eat slower than normal (at least my case) so I will be attentive and if I do not try to put it in two batches.
I have also seen that the glycemic index also notice it so much so I also try to take it into account.
I will try to take it easy and go step by step
Thanks for your comments

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 2:10 p.m.

@Ely88, if when you eat out of home it costs you more to return to normal values, think that it is not because you eat more slowly, but that it is difficult to calculate everything that these dishes carry (for example, the sauces, the fried).Or maybe you have asked for a vegetable cream and you at home do it without potato and the bar carries much more.Or maybe because you are with friends and, how you are chatting, you may also be eating more because you are spoiled without realizing it.

This reminds me of another things that goes very well.If you are going to make a pasta or a potato omelette, better leave it made the night before and in the fridge.By heating it the next day, the starch miracle happens:
Link

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/18/2022 2:30 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@Palomilla may be, I suppose that even if I am very careful to eat it was not control it.
Perfect of the starch, I will take it into account

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 2:38 p.m.

@Ely88, sometimes meals away from home are lengthened and that's why it is good to get the fast twice ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2022 4:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Ely88 Another issue that has not been commented so far in what you have been told are hormones.

Women betray us.They do not alternate insulin needs, they multiply by 2 or 3 when ovular, menstruate, or any alteration we have.Menopause should be deadly to control until it stabilizes.

My advice, don't be afraid to try and make mistakes.If you fall short of insulin in a meal away from home, do not problem!I was so dumb that I was killed because I didn't go down, I didn't eat because I was high and it was for hormones, then I learned that sometimes you have to correct.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/18/2022 4:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia because they had not told me, but it has all its logic since hormones normally alter moods, etc. It is logical that it also does it with insulin.
Thanks for the tips !!

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 4:51 p.m.

@Regina I will take it into account to make modifications
Thank you!!

ely88's profile photo
ely88
04/18/2022 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.