{'en': 'Freestyle and magnetic resonance', 'es': 'Freestyle y resonancia magnetica'} Image

Freestyle and magnetic resonance

Noelia_21's profile photo   04/29/2022 5:16 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

4 days ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and you want to put the glucose sensor.The problem is that I am a radiodiagnosis technician, work in magnetic resonance, Tac ... and they told me that I did not know if they could put it on me.

We are removed from patients with this sensor for ignorance and I don't know if putting a magnetic field protector would be enough

Anyone who is tsid or who knows something on the subject?

Thanks in advance!

Noelia_21's profile photo
Noelia_21
04/29/2022 5:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Don't take them off !!Leave it

I make me several and do not affect the sensor

The prospect of course is covered in health.According to the prospect you could not even go through the airport control.I do it regularly, for all kinds of devices, ancient and the modern ones, and without problems.And I have made two resonances and without problems.At least in my case.

There are old open issues on the subject

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/30/2022 2:22 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Polete's profile photo
Polete
05/01/2022 12:12 p.m.

Guard this information as gold in cloth😅

Polete's profile photo
Polete
05/01/2022 12:15 p.m.

Polete's profile photo
Polete
05/01/2022 12:18 p.m.

And this for the Dexcom in airports!

Polete's profile photo
Polete
05/01/2022 12:18 p.m.

And with the freestyle?In the hospital when I gave me the sensors they told me that they do not affect the sensor does not whistresonance also Peta, but I don't know

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/01/2022 1:09 p.m.

The problem is that I can not take it out and put when I leave the resonance because I work doing the tests and I have to place the patient, so I am inside the room every 45 minutes.Some patients have done it with the sensor on and have not had any error and others, they have decided to remove it.
Anyway, to see what they tell me in the doctor's consultation, because I have also read that many is not proven.

Thank you all!

Noelia_21's profile photo
Noelia_21
05/01/2022 8:22 p.m.

Well, I have read that in X -rays the sensor has to be removed from the suitcase or bag because it can damage the sensor, although it says that it is not demonstrated that it can damage it

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/01/2022 11:34 p.m.

I have done everything, this month 2 mammograms and a tomography.And several echoes.
Through the airports and thermal arches I have passed without problems, or with changes in overpressure in cabin has varied.
I am not an expert in fields and waves but it is difficult for not having volatile memories a neutron can alter the behavior of the sensor.I have only seen it in aircraft controllers and carry preventive measures so that it does not happen.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/02/2022 2:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I have to travel this month by plane and I don't know whether to remove it from the backpack and explain the issue that is a turra to have to do it

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/04/2022 9:48 a.m.

@ROGERIX Nothing at all.I travel with the position and 2 spare and have never told me anything.
I even took China an official Chinese document indicating that I had insulin, needles, sensors, etc.And they didn't ask me anything at all.They are more than accustomed to medical devices of all kinds.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/04/2022 5:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia already but I have read on the Abbott website that the sensor is damaged with the X -rays and gives me a little stick to take them out of the backpack and explain to the hounds that are sensors etc etc

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/05/2022 7:42 a.m.

@ROGERIX I have been sensors for 6 years and I travel a lot, I have never spoiled any for going through an electric arch, with resonances, neither mammograms or anything.They have never made me get anything out of my backpack, no needles, no insulin or anything.Neither in Canada, neither USA, nor in any country in Europe nor in China.It is more traveling with heparin and the needle is much longer than insulin.They only stopped me in the US for an apple, it is forbidden to pass fruits.

For a sensor to be damaged or an electronics (computers, tablet, mobile, ebook ...) they need very long exposure to the radiation and long -length waves.The length is the inverse of the frequency, the longer the less frequent length is and vice versa (the wifi for example).
By that rule of three, we could not cook with induction hobs because they generate magnetic fields and waves that excite the steel electrons of the kitchen utensils and when moving electrons generate immediate heat (that's why they are faster than gas).These waves are proposed horizontally and would reach your arm or buttock, where you have the sensor although they are short there is always some that could reach you.The same microwave.

Abbott has not conducted EMC studies or ionizing particles, basically because they are very expensive.If you are interested in the subject Seu (Single Event Upset), I spent months working on it and its impact on the electronics of all devices of an airplane.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/05/2022 8:30 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well then I do not take out the backpack sensors to pass X -ray controls

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/06/2022 12:10 a.m.

I have made four resonances with different sensors and none damage, or bad.
On one occasion the technician told me to take it off, and I told him to let the person in charge that or gave me another sensor or gave me 65 eurazos to buy it in the pharmacy .... at the minute he told me, he can leave it on..... Hahaha

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/04/2022 3:20 a.m.

Nothing, they put me in the tube last week, 45 min and told me not to take away my sensor.
He continued working without problems

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/04/2022 noon

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.