{'en': 'How about changing Lantus for Toujeo?', 'es': 'Que tal cambiar Lantus por toujeo?'} Image

How about changing Lantus for Toujeo?

cacharro's profile photo   05/12/2022 10:15 p.m.

Hello,

As I said in another post, the grlucose dates back to me from 6 in the morning getting up at 8 and fasting with 160 or more.

My endocrine has just changed the 100 uni./ml lantus for toujeo 300uni./ml and that puts the same dose for dinner, that is, 16 units combined with the novo rapid flex pen.

Being the same amount, of Toujeo that the previous lantus, I suppose it will do well or have hypoglycemia with the change.

I am afraid of the descent at night.

It confuses a little what he says in the prospect of the toujeo: "Toujeo contains three times more insulin in 1ml. That the standard insulin containing 100uni./ml".

Is it more powerful?

Do I interpret the matter badly?

Thank you!

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
05/12/2022 10:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Cacharo, is more concentrated, but it will not be stronger, but more stable.More units of toujeo are usually needed than of Lantus.If you start with the same units, it will not give you hiccup.You already tell us how you are doing.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2022 10:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you, I start to put it on.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
05/13/2022 12:31 p.m.

Well, I've been with Toujeo for a few days, but I hit 18 uni.2 more than the previous lantus. The truth is that at the moment my blood glucose is more stable than before. For the night I "traced" until I have 160 or sometimes around 200 before breakfast, but now despite "tracing" it does itWith more "prudence." He, for example, got used to me yesterday with about 160, was around 120-140 and breakfast with 150 that, I can no longer complain.affair.
Greetings.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
05/17/2022 7:26 p.m.

Well, great @cacharro, I made the change a few years ago and in the end I use less toujeo than to let's less.It cost me almost a month to regularize, climbing every 3 days 2 units and then going down, going down, now I am great.It is very flat, does not hypoglycemia.
The lantus only had it 8 months for the risk of night hypoglycemia and did not cover me 24h (nor let me put it in two doses)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/18/2022 1:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.