Glucose measurement errors

Nila's profile photo   01/27/2022 12:43 p.m.

Good morning.

It is possible that by low temperature the glucose meter of an erroneous value?I tell you that I have a house in the field and it is very cold.These days I have been spending the days there during the day doing things, when I have gone to the glucose measure often, it cannot be taken by low temperature, so I put it in my pocket, I go around and go around andI can already measure myself.

The fact is that yesterday I ate a menu in Burger King because I went with a hurry, I went up to the house and I was doing crouched things and such.At two hours after eating I was going to measure me and I got the mistake, I warmed it a little and I mediated me, 65, I didn't see and I did it again and it came out 70. Two hours later I was about 90, there were noTaken anything because I thought it could be error and I saw that it went up.I took a piece of bread that had been left over from breakfast so at 9:00 p.m. I was at 112 and after dinner that I put 30gr bread to 145 or so and I went to bed.This morning on an empty stomach at 85.

My question is whether you have noticed with low temperatures if it gives you error, it is that no matter how much effort I could have done, it seems very rare to be 65-70 after eating.And then without taking anything I would even climb me, instead of getting bad with a hiccup.I have been with Lantus since July and I still do not control these issues well because they give me hypos (very few, yes) in rare situations of food and except for a day that led me bad, normal on an empty stomach, I am ok, I just had oneonce and I am very dizzy and wanting to vomit and glycemia at 65

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/27/2022 12:43 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I believe that the system is doing well, it is your body that has varied when changing the environment.
Temperature changes can alter blood glucose behavior.
It happens to me with the heat, I am very lowered by the need for insulin.

The cold or hot sensor message has ever happened to me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/27/2022 12:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It has never happened to me the truth, if the first sensor that I had a bad half when there were 2 days to run out but the last one that I have taken to the 14 days I marked exactly comparing it with the capillary there was a difference of 5 mg above orbelow

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/27/2022 12:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When they diagnosed me, I had no heating.Every day I gave me "temperature too low for the operation of the glucometer" and had to heat it.And I saw very high values ​​at that time (the first days between 260 and 350 ...).
So I don't think that influences.You would be low that day for whatever ...
What goes up later is normal with fat and/or processed meals.They can go up at 4, 5 or 6 hours ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/27/2022 2:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

If I puncture at 4 hours to eat if like fat

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/27/2022 3:03 p.m.

Ah thank you very much.When I eat meals of that kind I will take it into account to measure myself throughout the hours.I knew the fats went up later but I didn't know so much.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
01/27/2022 4:33 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

To me the sensor, after a hot shower if it takes longer than the account, climbs through the clouds.
One day in the office, the sun entered the window and I had the sensor on that arm, and the same.Then you look at the graphic for a while and look "the ball" of the measure outside the graph.My fear is that in summer when I returned home, which gives me the solazo on my left arm, I get out of hyperglycemia.
In your case, I suspect that it is more the activity you had doing homework, than the cold.After all, the sensor receives the heat of your arm, very cold you can't stay, right?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/01/2022 1:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

It was not a sensor like yours, but the typical capillary

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/01/2022 5:23 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Nila if it is capillary glucometer .. while value is supposed to be fine.What you have to keep in mind is that if you also have cold hands due to lack of circulation it can give you lower value.

I remember a long time ago to have very cold hands, make me a capillary .. Give 27.Heat my hands and then give 127

Check that too.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/02/2022 8:15 a.m.

Ok, thank you very much

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/02/2022 4:15 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Nila the penultimate time I ate Burger King a horrible wind of wind and went out to make a message just after eating, that did not take me for half an hour to go and return (I walked anything, not 1 km) and when I returned I was regular, I measured and had 65 ...

On the other hand, before yesterday I had a crazy morning, it became late and I can't do food or had anything at home, so I took a whoopper menu again and just after I went to pass the vacuum cleaner and clean (I don't stay in thesofa) ... well at two hours I was 185 ...

The logical and normal xD

By this I mean, that I have proven that going cold makes me get out fast or, maybe, so at that time your body generates a lot of insulin and makes you go down…

anif's profile photo
anif
02/02/2022 5:25 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif

"By this I mean that I have proven that to go cold makes me get out fast or, maybe, so it is at that time your body generates a lot of insulin and does itQ go down into dive ... "

I don't understand what you mean by the underlined bold

marine's profile photo
marine
02/02/2022 5:27 p.m.

marine said:
@anif

"By this I mean that I have proven that to go cold makes me get out fast or, maybe, so it is at that time your body generates a lot of insulin and does itQ go down into dive ... "

I do not understand what you mean by the underlined in bold

Those who have insulin and resistance reserves suffer an inefficient action of insulin: sometimes we generate a lot and other times we fell short.

With copious meals, it can be the case that the pancreas detects it and to compensate it, it starts to produce insulin as a madman ...

I don't know if this is the case of @nila

anif's profile photo
anif
02/02/2022 5:33 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Ah well, what you say has its logic.My general insulin pancreas, yes.And I also have insulin resistance (I was made genetic study and even that comes out!).But yes, it may make sense.Well, I will hear either importance then and it won't be broken, sometimes I get scared because I don't understand anything!Is that the body in situations that seem the same (even if they are not) reacts completely differently

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/02/2022 7:43 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Nila what you comment on the glucometer has not happened to me and I have been in very cold countries.
SinEmbargo With heat I need less insulin, my glucose lowers me enough.
Maybe if another glucometer tests or wash hands with hot water to activate the circulation a bit ... see discarding

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/04/2022 6:27 a.m.

Yes, I think it will not happen until next year that it looks like the temperatures begin to rise.Let's see if it doesn't happen again anyway !!Thank you

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/08/2022 9:08 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.