{'en': 'Glargine insulin change', 'es': 'Cambio de insulina a glargina'} Image

Glargine insulin change

dracof's profile photo   05/19/2022 2:16 p.m.

Good morning to all,

A few months ago, my mother changed the type of insulin, now 14 U of insulin glargine is injected.At first we cost us a little work to get used to us since they told us that it was the best insulin and that it protected 24 hours, before the human insulin was injected, with the human we never had problems, the problem is with the glargine.

My mother eats cooked vegetables (pumpkin, carrot, ejotes, chayotes, broccoli, cauliflower), cooked chicken, some stewed with tomato and vegetable broth, little meat, sometimes egg.Without tortilla, or toast, not sweet bread, non -healthy, without soda, etc.

These days he gets up with very low glucose, below 50, he speaks badly to the degree of not understanding him, he does not know where he is, disoriented, etc.Seeing it like this, I give food so that the glucose is raised a bit and gradually recover.

The question is: if it takes that lifestyle and eats "almost" the same at the same time, now because we are going through that problem of low glucose and wakes up in poor condition, when it does not always happen.

Greetings.

dracof's profile photo
dracof
05/19/2022 2:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Dracof said:
good day to all,

A few months ago, my mother changed the type of insulin, now 14 U of insulin glargine is injected.At first we cost us a little work to get used to us since they told us that it was the best insulin and that it protected 24 hours, before the human insulin was injected, with the human we never had problems, the problem is with the glargine.

My mother eats cooked vegetables (pumpkin, carrot, ejotes, chayotes, broccoli, cauliflower), cooked chicken, some stewed with tomato and vegetable broth, little meat, sometimes egg.Without tortilla, or toast, not sweet bread, non -healthy, without soda, etc.

These days he gets up with very low glucose, below 50, he speaks badly to the degree of not understanding him, he does not know where he is, disoriented, etc.Seeing it like this, I give food so that the glucose is raised a bit and gradually recover.

The question is: if it takes that lifestyle and eats "almost" the same at the same time, now because we are going through that problem of low glucose and wakes up in poor condition, when it does not always happen.

Greetings.

It is that you may have to lower the dose ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/19/2022 2:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

First glargine there are several and in several concentrations, boiling certain vegetables increase the absorption of HC, for example raw carrot does not increase blood glucose, boiled the shooting, pumpkin and terrible zucchinage, as the companion Isabel the hypoglycemia is that noYou have found the basal insulin dose glargina

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/19/2022 3:09 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@dracof, an insulin change takes time to adjust dose, is not just changing one for another.
If you get up with such low values, you have to reduce the dose of insulin, one in a unit, until you wake up well.
Sometimes the schedule also influences, the Lantus has better put it in the morning if there are hypoglycemia at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/19/2022 3:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You have insulin, which have you prescribed?It is not the same Lantus, Levemir as Toujeo or Tresiba.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2022 10:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
does insulin pleasure, which have you prescribed?It is not the same Lantus, Levemir as Toujeo or Tresiba.

Says: Insulina Glargina Galactus

dracof's profile photo
dracof
05/19/2022 10:51 p.m.

You are not from Spain, right?
Well, it doesn't matter, the dose of insulin begins to lower.Regina says a unit, they told me 2. See until you get up in correct values.

isabelbota
05/19/2022 11:21 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Glargine can be Lantus or Toujeo .. the strange thing is not to combine it with fast ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2022 1:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
glargina can be lantus or toujeo .. the strange thing is not to combine it with quick ..

Mine is glargina and is abasaglar

isabelbota
05/20/2022 8:04 a.m.

I have already seen that Galactus is a Mexican insulin equivalent to abasaglar

isabelbota
05/20/2022 8:10 a.m.

@dracof reduces 2 units insulin and observes for 3 days that it takes effect.If at 3 days it is still low, it reduces 2 units again and observe another 3 days;It is what they recommend to adjust.The normal thing is that he lifts between 80-130 mg/dl and that for the day, between hours, he does not exceed that range at two hours of having ingested the main meals.(When you eat, you get up a lot but at two hours we must be in the range that our endocrine tells us)

I deduce that your mother is type 2 and only use basal insulin, which does not need fast insulin for meals.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/20/2022 8:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@isabelBota, yes, the Abasaglar and Lantus are the same, I think.
@Ruthbia, is that they put a slow flat in type 2, without fast ..., and it is not the same as the slow NPH type, which have peak and digest hydrates ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2022 1:17 p.m.

regina said:
@Isabelbota, if the abasaglar and lantus are the same, I think.
@Ruthbia, is that they put a slow flat in type 2, without fast ..., and it is not the same as the slow NPH type, which have peak and digest hydrates ..
>

Because to the type 2 sometimes they (us) put slowly as a base and then to take the rest with a diet (and always metformin, I suppose that this will also take it).
As I have the pancreas almost exhausted I was lucky and the endo prescribed quickly TB.That it is great for breakfast without giving peaks (before 200 I gave it with anything) and for some excess that I want ... 😉

isabelbota
05/20/2022 6:32 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
regina said:
@Isabelbota, if the abasaglar and lantus are the same, I think.
>

Because to the type 2 sometimes they (us) put slowly as a base and then to take the rest with a diet (and always metformin, I suppose that this will also take it).
As I have the pancreas almost exhausted I was lucky and the endo prescribed quickly TB.That it is great for breakfast without giving peaks (before 200 I gave it with anything) and for some excess that I feel like ... 😉

>

They only prescribed the insulin Glargina, when the rapid is detected.

dracof's profile photo
dracof
05/20/2022 9:41 p.m.

@dracof, some control can be done after meals and comment with the doctor, in case you need to put something quickly at meals, but if you still wake up, you will have to go down the slow one until you wake up well.
And if she had better control with the previous insulin and was quieter, to also tell the endocrine, that he will assess the treatment that is best.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2022 2:33 a.m.

Well, if you have a quick insulin prescribed, it is best to measure before eating and 2 hours later, and point out what you eat, you can anticipate whether before eating you need 1 fast insulin or not.
Especially if you are going to eat hydrates such as potatoes, carrots, fruits, legumes or fats.They go up a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2022 4:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

David Alonzo DM2: The initial treatment was 22 units of Lantus + Metformin 1,000/ 5 mg linagliptin, they reduced me the lantus of 2 in 2 units every 10 days for 3 months, until last Thursday that they already gave me the indication of leavingto inject myself.Now I am only with the linagliptin 5 mg / Pagliflozina 25 mg.My diet is not restricted from carbohydrates and me physical activity is moderate to high (it tried to average the 10,000 daily steps).

dalonzo's profile photo
dalonzo
05/21/2022 11:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.