{'en': 'Insulin pump doubts', 'es': 'Dudas bomba de insulina'} Image

Insulin pump doubts

BanHop's profile photo   04/25/2022 4:31 p.m.

Hello good,

People around me tell me that it would be good if it valued to put on an insulin bomb, that people who wear it are great, but I have several doubts about it:

I currently have the free freestyle sensor 2. Any pump is compatible with him to calculate bowling?

From what I understand it supplies a kind of basal insulin throughout the day, but for meal time, I think you should indicate to the pump how many units you have taken from hydrates.

This is where I have more doubts.Because as you know there are products that come that have every 100 g, 70 of hydrates of which 60 are sugars, so they rise to any wick, and others that 100g, 70 of hydrates of which 10 are sugars, by thewhich takes a long time to go up.

So if I like those products, how do you do it?Because some products go up quickly and other slows, I don't know how you have to put that to the bomb.That is, you save punctures, but you also have to be aware of introducing the bowling.

On the other hand I have generally seen it in belly put the bomb.But some in the arm.I understand that a cable goes from where you have it to the apparatus you carry in your pocket.Can it be removed quickly and quickly put?I don't know, to shower you, to play a sport, to intimid with the couple ...

Well, if you can solve doubts, I would appreciate it.

All the best.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
04/25/2022 4:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

banhop said:
good, people around me tell me that it would be good if I valued to put on an insulin bomb, that people who wear it are great, but I have several doubts about it:

I currently have the free freestyle sensor 2. Any pump is compatible with him to calculate bowling?
From what I understand it supplies a kind of basal insulin throughout the day, but for meal time, I think you should indicate to the pump how many units you have taken from hydrates.This is where I have more doubts.Because as you know there are products that come that have every 100 g, 70 of hydrates of which 60 are sugars, so they rise to any wick, and others that 100g, 70 of hydrates of which 10 are sugars, by thewhich takes a long time to go up.So if I like those products, how do you do it?Because some products go up quickly and other slows, I don't know how you have to put that to the bomb.That is, you save punctures, but you also have to be aware of introducing the bowling.

On the other hand I have generally seen it in belly put the bomb.But some in the arm.I understand that a cable goes from where you have it to the apparatus you carry in your pocket.Can it be removed quickly and quickly put?I don't know, to shower you, to play a sport, to intimid with the couple ...

Well, if you can solve doubts, I would appreciate it.Greetings.

No, in any case, the compatible would be FSL 3 for being a MCG.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/25/2022 5:17 p.m.

If there is a compatible system, but it is not official.I can tell you that, although it takes time to drive it, it is luxurious and there is a lot of help in discord, for example.Check out a look:

Link

The system is in charge of the bolus, and you can take the pump and put it on nothing.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/25/2022 5:56 p.m.

From what I have read, it can be removed and put quickly., what I do not think is quick hydrates of slow ..., you will have to play over time or put two bowling ..
But the pump stops if there are hypos and also corrects the hypers, although, for what I have read, it is sometimes slow.
The bomb helps when different basal in different sections are needed and in children many are putting ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/25/2022 5:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Antonio200 said:
If there is a compatible system, but it is not official.I can tell you that, although it takes time to drive it, it is luxurious and there is a lot of help in discord, for example.Check out a look:

Link

The system is in charge of the bolus, and you can take off the pump and put it on anything.

But then you eat what you eat and when you eat, you should not indicate anything to the bomb with this system?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
04/25/2022 6:06 p.m.

regina said:
for what I have read yes it can be removed and put quickly., what I do not think is quick hydrates of slow ..., you will have to play over time or put two bowling ..
But the pump stops if there are hypos and also corrects the hypers, although, for what I have read, it is sometimes slow.
The bomb helps when different basal in different sections are needed and in children many are putting ..

Of course, my question was that, in that sense you indicate that I put x bolo, and at the time you tell him to put another x bolo.Or I understand that it will go like this.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
04/25/2022 6:07 p.m.

That's how it is.With a G6 sensor it works, with a free2 not so much because it is less accurate, it has less room for maneuver.Search "Unannounce Meals", "Extended Cabs" and "Super Micro Bolus".There is much to read to understand the operation but it is impressive.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
04/25/2022 11:34 p.m.

Pumps are not autonomous or intenigent, they do not predict behaviors.
Intelligence each one puts it and can get that dependency greatly.

As @Antonio200 says there is an encyclopedia behind to get 100% performance and not everyone is suitable.You must know your body and diabetes very well to program the bomb at your circumstances, and well, there are always the rare days that as happens with the bowls, you have to be pending if or yes.

It is removed and puts fast but is still a catheter or via that is obstructed, that I could produce infection, which folds and does not pass the insulin ... is another concern, apart from the programming according to what one does, sport, relaxation, stress, etc.

All who carry it are delighted, some have left it, but very few.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/26/2022 8:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
bombs are not autonomous or intenigent, they do not predict behaviors.
Intelligence each one puts it and can get that dependency greatly.

As @Antonio200 says there is an encyclopedia behind to get 100% performance and not everyone is suitable.You must know your body and diabetes very well to program the bomb at your circumstances, and well, there are always the rare days that as happens with the bowls, you have to be pending if or yes.

It is removed and puts fast but is still a catheter or via that is obstructed, that I could produce infection, which folds and does not pass the insulin ... is another concern, apart from the programming according to what one does, sport, relaxation, stress, etc.

All who carry it are delighted, some have left it, but very few.

Thank you very much, for the way you talk, you look more against you than in favor.The truth is that I have doubts, I had never raised the subject because the idea of ​​being hooked to a tube throws me back, but I begin to give it possibilities.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
04/26/2022 8:44 a.m.

@Banhop I am a User of Medtronic 780g.

It is true that you carry something hung and attached to the body, but from my experience there are more advantages than the inconveniences.

Advantages: Being more carefree at certain times of the day, since the pump is injecting microbles.The nights have also improved in general.

Disadvantages: It is very conservative when HC is not calculated well and a rise is produced.

The pump needs a certain interaction on your part and that at every meal of the day (breakfast-cuena) you tell you the amount of HC you are going to ingest.

That said, neither do you have to have encyclopedic knowledge to carry it.It is true that it is not made for everyone either.

I don't know if I have clarified you or not.But at least you have the opinion of an insulin bomb user.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
04/26/2022 11:49 a.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

amiranda said:
@banhop I am a user of Medtronic 780g.

It is true that you carry something hung and attached to the body, but from my experience there are more advantages than the inconveniences.

Advantages: Being more carefree at certain times of the day, since the pump is injecting microbles.The nights have also improved in general.

Disadvantages: It is very conservative when HC is not calculated well and a rise is produced.

The pump needs a certain interaction on your part and that at every meal of the day (breakfast-cuena) you tell you the amount of HC you are going to ingest.

That said, neither do you have to have encyclopedic knowledge to carry it.It is true that it is not made for everyone either.

I don't know if I have clarified you or not.But at least you have the opinion of an insulin bomb user.

Thank you so much.My main doubt was that.Because it seemed that if you carry a bomb you already careless and it is not so, you have to indicate the bowling of the meals, although a user has said before there is a program that calculates everything alone, a matter of investigating.Thanks for your opinion.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
04/26/2022 12:03 p.m.

@Banhop I'm not against.They are simply not for me.
The endocrine has offered it many times but it does not convince me.
I look for a quasi-autonomous system, which does not require calibrating, or continuously putting data and having a ninth needle, not a road.
At the moment I will follow another 6 years with Freestyle 🙂

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/26/2022 1:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The bomb is a better treatment than retardations, because you can program with humalog (or whatever) a variable basal profile that adapts to what you need.And bowling, as always.Your endocrine will instruct you about both, what they usually do is ask you to write down for a few days what you eat and the doses of slow and bowling, and thus establish a simple program of both, basal rhythm and units/bolus ration.Then observing the evolution, they change it.

The pumps have associated a capillary meter, with which you control and everything is registered in the pump to look at the endocrine.Some have their continuous sensor, but they are usually more limited than free, they require frequent calibration and last less.In addition, they offer little more than high and low alarms (in this second case, they stop infusion), which you already have them with free.However, it seems that they are advancing enough with those things, consult with your endocrine.

The only problem is that you carry there a pot that bans quite hanging from the patch, of course.The tube can easily disconnect from the injection point and put a cap, to shower, get into the pool (although the pumps are usually waterproof), and other things.

There are people who tell you that if the tube gets stuck and that the catheter can produce infections.I do not agree, the tub is practically undeormatable, that has never happened to me.The only thing has been 2 times when the cannula was badly inserted and the pump gave blocking.2 times in almost 10 years it is not much, I think.

On the other hand, infections with normal hygiene I think they are impossible.The cannula can only be inserted 3 days maximum, because the infusion point is inflamed.Which is another pain, of course, but you can schedule the bomb to let you know when there are few units.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/01/2022 12:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.