{'en': 'I need experiences with FIV-ICSI with type 1 diabetes. I am more lost than an octopus in a garage', 'es': 'Necesito experiencias con FIV-ICSI con Diabetes tipo 1. Estoy más perdida que un pulpo en un garaje'} Image

I need experiences with FIV-ICSI with type 1 diabetes. I am more lost than an octopus in a garage

Tam's profile photo   05/24/2022 9:44 p.m.

Hello everyone !!

The first thing, this issue may be within diabetes and pregnancy, but the doubts go more because of the prior process than for 40 weeks of having a little one inside us and everythingWhat entails.

I tell you my case a little and see if any can encourage me a little, because the truth is that I am a little Ploff with this issue, and that I usually be very positive normally.

At the end of 2020, after living in a couple of cities many kilometers from ours, now that we have "returned home" definitely and that we already have the necessary stability (family nearby, mortgaged pisito and those things hehe), my husband andWe decided that we were going to seek to be parents.We love children and we were always clear, but until now everything was quite chaotic to think about bringing a baby to our lives

I got the sensors to finance me, the insulins changed me (from Tresiba and Novorapid to Levemir and Fiasp), I stabilized my glycemia and my wonderful endocrine gave green light to try.Peeeero ... After more than 6 months, we didn't have a substitute.Endo referred me to "fertility" (they called me infertility when I quote me, but I am more positive than those of the hospital).The problem is that with this COVID, they took months to see us, do us analysis and tell us how professionals saw it.In April I turned 38 and, between diabetes and hypothyroidism, I already smelled that it could be complicated ... but I did not take into account that my ovarian reserve is super short.And, of course, I was not going through my head that my husband's sperm had certain problems (it has normal sperm lower than normal. Thus they tell us that it still costs more to hit).

When we went to the consultation and saw the results of the analytics where we told us those two news (mazazos, I would say), the gynecologist who attended us referred us to Coruña (my hospital is that of Ferrol, let's say that a Coruña you are going if you are morebothering in pédos issues.And the worst, spoke directly to us of ovodonation.As if the few ovules that I have no longer served at all.I suppose that with the waiting list and the times they handle, he thought we were not going to arrive (it takes almost a year to treat us between waiting, consultations, tests, etc ...).But come on, it made me feel a bit useless, really.It wasn't his intention surely, but ... the "good"?He told us to try in some private clinic and force taking advantage of time.

And there we left.On the recommendation of friends who have needed it and even that doctor, we were already directly to IVI in Coruña and there the doctor who attended us or mentioned the ovodonation of first.I asked him, telling him what they had told me in the Sergas (Galician Health Service, for those who are not here), and he said "for that there will be time, we will try to make them your ovules."We have recommended IVI with ICSI technique and the truth is that we are mega-listened in all that vocabulary.Although all the doctor explained very well, the truth is that it is hard to understand everything.And still, but my husband was already lost with the phases of the cycle when I told him about ovulation or luteal phase haha ​​and he also looks info online and my mother, that of new terms I am finding myself !!And how many stories, both good and bad.I don't know whether to encourage or cry in a corner, the truth ... but the fact is that none of the experiences that I have groove spoke of type 1 diabetes. And of course, I said "I cannot be the only one in the world, surely inThe forum is some !! "And here I have come to ask.

They have asked us for analysis, someCoagulation tests for ovarian puncture and also, and this I suppose it will be for age and diseases, a test called "karyotype".It takes almost a month ... So nothing, this June will already be lost.

Does anyone else in this situation? someone who has gone through a similar process and can give me a little mood and hope?

Thank you very much for reading me, that I have often sunny you ... but I do not usually summarize and less with the burden I have right now.

PD: Young women with diabetes, frozen ovules.They should tell us when we enroll in college or something.You will tell me "woman, but you know you are not fertile all my life."Already, but if even relatively little (a few years) I was not too clear how my menstrual cycle works (they explain better how the large intestine works than this topic ...) and I don't say when I discovered how it affects every moment of the cycleto the glycemia ... c eo expects the world that we know the women that this is so complicated ???And you also see pregnant women or with young children who are much older than you and of course, you trust and leave it ... Meeeec!MISTAKE!!

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/24/2022 9:44 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Hi Tam!Good news, you are not the only one!:) I also have T1 diabetes and I submitted to two FIV -isci treatments (the first one did not work).For me it was also to enter a new world, terminology, treatment, tests, medication ... My recommendation would be that you report something, but not too much.There are thousands of cases and none is equal to another.But you can, one can be very encouraged!
From my experience I can tell you that after the tests, and if everything is fine, you will begin the hormonal treatment prior to ovarian puncture.Then they come with your husband's sperm and wait to get embryos.Then the time for the transfer of one or more will come (being diabetic and more than 35 normal is only one) and wait for implant.And if so, congratulations! You will be pregnant.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
05/24/2022 10:37 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

Hi @Tam, the first of all quiet, this is first like a jug of cold water but with a little time and rest all the information, you will see everything in another way.
I tell you my case in case you can help you, although in reality, as I was reading, my case is traced to yours.Type I diabetes, hypothyroidism and very low ovarian reserve.The steps I followed, the same as you.Social security ruled out as a patient directly, he told me that in my case the only option was ovodonation and I went to IVI.
In Ivi they told me that although the possibilities of carrying a term pregnancy with my own ovules were low, that we could try.So we went to it.
We also started with ICSI but the embryos we got had chromosomal failures (if you decide to try with your own eggs, I recommend that you do DGP, it is more expensive but you can avoid many future problems) so there was no transfer.
After a few months of rest and especially thinking a lot, we decided to go with ovodonation and right now I am 3 months pregnant, I stayed at first.
The process is being hard because I have been with a lot of medication that has made me have a horrible insulin resistance but in the end, you do with it.
I don't know what else I can tell you, if you want, you can write me privately.
Apart from the forum, I recommend two Facebook groups that are great and that personally, they have helped me a lot.Here I leave you in case you want to enter.

Greetings and a lot of encouragement with all this.

Link
Link

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/24/2022 10:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Tam, what to tell you.I have done 4 iscis, 3 without being diabetic and one.It has been many years.I have not succeeded but on the way all the women and couples I met did it and some repeated successfully.
In my case, my ex was quasi sterile, it was a mazozo and I had to operate a myoma on the cervix, just as soon as you start, then 9 months of relaxation to recover from the operation.It was my first contact with needles, hahaha ... who was going to say that it would be diabetic years later.They panicked me.
Your quiet, is a underworld, like diabetes.He has his vocabulary.
Apart from ovodonation there is embryo -distortion, they are blastocytes of other couples that donate them.It was my option but in the IVI they told me no and my ovules with 44 years then they were not for anyone (in my first ICsis they took 24 ovules with hyperstimulation included, horrible ... I felt fatal)
If you need more data, details, etc ... send me a deprive that I don't want to bore anyone.😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2022 12:49 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There are many more people in fertility of what people believe.
The companions can help you more, because their cases are more similar to yours.
Me: T2, Sop, several treatments for the public and the private (from afar I stay with the private one) and, finally, a wonderful son who arrived for a FIV-ICSI ... well, I just don't know if it was Icsi because they extracted meA lot of ovules (for the SOP) and the least mature made ICSI and the most mature.I imagine that the embryos left, they would be the provinity of mature ovules ...

anif's profile photo
anif
05/25/2022 8:10 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

I am also in the process although I do not have DT1.I have turned 39 in April.At the moment my case is a good ovarian reserve, we will have to see quality ... problem of my partner.We are going to try now and that your situation improves and we do not get it at this time.That the sperm are not normal nothing happens, they choose the best in the ICSI, if there are no other added problems I do not think you have so much problem.Courage and luck!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/25/2022 8:40 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I have also gone through a FIV-ICSI.I am a diabetic since the age of 17 and in my case the problem was my partner.I went for Social Security and stayed at first.For the public the thing is slow and they do not do it if the time of treatment is coming you have more than 40. The waiting list for IVF is around 1 year more a few months before testing.I started the test with 34 so I had margin and preferred to go through the public.Everything went very well and I have my son who has been 1 year for tomorrow.In my case, I had a good ovarian reserve, 12 oocytes took me although many fell in the fertilization process.In the end they got 3 5 -day embryos and the first one that implanted me was pregnancy.I could still have more children with the two that I have left if I want.In Social Security they only make you a treatment with several attempts if necessary, but once you have a child, they don't make you more.But if you have frozen embryos if they cover the implementation up to 50 years and those left over donate or destroy them according to what you have authorized.
As @ruthbia tells you there is also the embryo -painting option.Mine that I have chosen to donate them and many couples also do so that it is an option if it is not viable to use yours or donated ovules.With this option you have more chances of success by being already fertilized embryos.All this that explains it well in the clinic so you can decide the best option for your case.In private ones I do not know but in the public they do not let you decide, at least in my community they tell you the technique that they consider best for your case and that is what there is.
The worst of the process is all the medication you get into the body, extraction, etc.They are a few days that you are regulating but it passes quickly.
There are many success cases so do not discourage you, diabetes is not an impediment and hypothyroidism will have to have it well controlled before starting.I have antibodies but I am keeping in normal hormones without medication for the changes I have made in my lifestyle.During pregnancy if they put some medication to keep the TS below 2.5 that is ideal.I usually be around that value, but during treatment with all the stress I went to 3 and peak.
The truth is that there are more and more couples who are going to fertility, they have nothing to do with diabetes.The lifestyle and age is what most often bother fertility but with current treatments a pregnancy is possible.
Much encourage and luck

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/25/2022 11 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello!I am in a similar situation although I am younger.Readeros has helped me, I also have many doubts.They will make me FIV-ICSI (the technique has chosen because infertility is by male factor) by the S.S.
I want to know if hormonal treatment affects glycemia (I understand that because changes in the cycle affect), if what usually produces is insulin resistance, if it can give you more risk of hypoglycemia, etc ...
Thanks and encouragement tam@

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/03/2022 10:13 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hi @maritxu22 I The first treatment I did was also FIV-ICSI and the hormones that I had to prick for ovarian puncture did not affect glycemia at all.I also did not have side effects beyond gut swelling.In this case they did not get to make embryonic transfer.
In the second treatment I did, it was ovodonation that they made me embryonic transfer and that is when for progesterone and mainly because of the prednisone I had a lot of insulin resistance until week 12 of pregnancy that withdrew my medication.Prednisone is cortisone and they do not send it in all cases but I think that progesterone, yes.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/03/2022 11:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

As @nigiri says, progesterone is what affects glycemia and send it yes or yes in all treatments.

anif's profile photo
anif
07/03/2022 10:28 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello everyone !!

The first, I must apologize .Yes, I left the message and I didn't go back here.I made a manual smoke pump.But I have had a weight reason: they advised me to avoid looking for information and read info on networks on this topic, basically for mental health.I was at a point where I couldn't stop looking info and I didn't do well, so professionals advised me to avoid everything possible.
And well, it has worked because I did not end up obsessing with the subject (more than I already did without looking things on the Internet).

thousand thanks to all for your experiences , the truth is that they encouraged me a lot when I read them at the time.I have seen that I am not even the only one and that each one has our things and our impediments, but still in many cases the thing has been ahead.

I owe you a bit the update too: I am almost 9 weeks.It is little, yes, almost nobody knows (my parents, my mother -in -law and a cousin that tb passed through IVI), but I am very excited.

The puncture was in summer and we only got 5 ovules.Of those 5, 3 they did not mature enough on day 5 and we freeze 2. The first was a failed transfer but the second is already giving war for my uterus!The beta was positive and the two echoes that have made me to control that everything was where it should be and that it was growing as much as they have, they have been perfect !!So yes, little weeks but I am very sure that this will work.From the first day I already noticed that this was going well, being positive is working so I will not doubt a second.

The medications, surprisingly, did not affect me as much as I thought.Neither the pill, which gave me a cycle simply because we better controlled the next ovulation, nor the medication for puncture or for transfer.The injectables that I put in the process were Gonal, Meriofert, Orgalutran and Ovitrelle.And pills I had to take meriest estradiol and put on progesterone ovules (Progffik).The ones that have affected me the most in terms of diabetes?The latter by far.I thought the injections would affect me a lot and I barely noticed them in the glucose curves.Instead the Prgeffik ... Ufff ... It is costing me a lot to stay "in green".And I have to wear it until December 28 ... Let's see if the thing improves at the end of the medication.I doubt it, because pregnancy is also an important hormonal party.For now the HBA1C is 6.1, to see if I am able to maintain or lower it.

Anyway, I leave this message to apologize, update and above all, comment that if someone else has doubts about these processes I promise to try to be present and answer everything you wonder!

A huge kiss to all, sorry again and thank you for everything.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
12/11/2022 10:17 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.