{'en': 'Free Style 3 in the Community of Madrid', 'es': 'Free Style 3 en la Comunidad de Madrid'} Image

Free Style 3 in the Community of Madrid

Ensalada's profile photo   05/25/2022 9:10 a.m.

Hello,

Yesterday I had review with my nurse and told me news about Free Style 3:
-Abbott will continue to manufacture and sell the two sensors simultaneously (2 and 3);It will not replace the 2 by 3
-The Community of Madrid will not finance 3. We will continue with 2.
-The 3 have launched it to communicate by Bluetooth with the insulin pump (it has not become clear if with an existing pump or they are developing a new one).

They say that the 3 could decrease the "adhesion to treatment" by not having to be passing the reader to know the sugar level.

Come on, we would become lazy with such comfort, anyway.

Greetings,

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/25/2022 9:10 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Mmmmm ... The latter about adhesion, having been a user of Dexcom, seems to me a veryy sooo argument, in fact, I would say that it is the other way around, with the Dexcom I had the alarms that kept me alert, while with the free freestyle 2, either I look at me or do not work for me, either because I usually have the phone in silence, or because the alarms are simply activated (for some configuration theme).

fer's profile photo
fer
05/25/2022 9:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I no longer have "adherence to treatment", as is, my endocrine from the Community of Madrid taught my diabox because I forget to pass the mobile with the ABBott app many, many times since Diabox's bluetooth makes meContinuous monitoring.

For me not to migrate to 3 Thus, the glucometer to measure NFC plus the mobile.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/25/2022 3:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@ENSALADA, What a nonsense that told you adherence to treatment, for that rule of three best we would continue with the strips.
I hope that little by little they will change and perfect more, as happened with the glucometers. Yes, with a budget for public health, of course.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2022 3:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Surely the SS will give it, it has the same cost, it makes no sense that they are not giving it to the diabetics, so that they take it to the public, I do not think that anyone is paid, I did it continuously with glucose direct ,,

What happens is that iOS still has no app will be working on it, it is my opinion

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
05/25/2022 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.@ENSALADA, I don't see much of the things that the nurse told you much.The adhesion is nowhere to take it and that they will not replace the 2 by 3 I do not see it either.Maybe for a while, but if they are worth the same, I believe that in the end they will end up replacing the 2.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/25/2022 8:19 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

You have pirate apps for Android and also iPhone that read the Bluetooth signal of the free 2 and present it on the screen and keep it.

What makes no sense is that the official app does not use it at all more than alarms.That is, the values ​​saved are exclusively those of the "scan" (the NFC).That is the difference with the 3, apart from the fact that the design has changed and such: abandon the idea of ​​"scan" by continuous monitoring.

Anyway, if you say that in the CAM they will not finance it, I suppose it will be so in the others.Yes, it is nonsense because it is the same and will cost similar, but the health administration is usually that clumsy.

Anyway, they will end up paying or withdrawing 2, whatever happens before.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/29/2022 11:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see if I understand: Free 2 sounds alarms when glucose exceeds the high and low thresholds that we mark in the app.He does that because he knows the measurement offered by the sensor and has to obtain the data by Bluetooth.However, you have to bring the mobile closer so that the measures are reflected in the app.It is absurd.
They value your adherence to treatment for the number of times you make readings, but if you see that you do many, they tell you not to become obsessed.Very absurd.
My nurse transmits to me what has been treated in Abott event in which they presented Free 3. They are not their opinions.Fortunately, it is much more sensible than all that.
If it is true that it costs the same, it makes no sense that they continue to market the two, except because the old margin is larger and are interested in continuing to "place" the public health system while they capture new customers with a higher product.I also believe that over time we will use Free3, but it will be when the laboratory is convenient.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/29/2022 5:26 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
to see if I understand: the free 2 sounds alarms when the glucose exceeds the high and low thresholds that we mark in the app.He does that because he knows the measurement offered by the sensor and has to obtain the data by Bluetooth.However, you have to bring the mobile closer so that the measures are reflected in the app.It is absurd.
They value your adherence to treatment for the number of times you make readings, but if you see that you do many, they tell you not to become obsessed.Very absurd.
My nurse transmits to me what has been treated in Abott event in which they presented Free 3. They are not their opinions.Fortunately, it is much more sensible than all that.
If it is true that it costs the same, it makes no sense that they continue to market the two, except because the old margin is larger and are interested in continuing to "place" the public health system while they capture new customers with a higher product.I also believe that over time we will use the free3, but it will be when the laboratory suits.

They will have to get all the stock they have from 2. and surely Social Security will have signed purchase contracts.But in the end the 3 will disappear at 2.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/29/2022 10:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.