{'en': 'Night hypo', 'es': 'Hipo nocturnas'} Image

Night hypo

Sami's profile photo   05/12/2022 8 p.m.

Hello!

Some time ago I have been fighting with the nocturnal hypo, and I am a long time before I sleep thinking if with the food at night it gives me, if I arrive well in the morning, if I adjust or not, if the adjustment is fine,How I will spend the night, and a long etcetera .. to the point that distorts my dream, I sleep badly and wake up alone in the early morning to see where the sugar is and that is not in the middle of a downturn.The only way to spend the night without hiccups is going to sleep with 200 or more, which seems to me a patch measure that does not explain what is happening, although it is already preferable to go to sleep with high sugar to have hyposNight

I clarify: Insulin Glargina Lantus and Novorapid;I do not make the 4 meals but 3, gathering the snack with dinner at about 20 hours, getting a lotfiber.Some are going to tell me that I must lower the dose of Lantus, but as I see the problem does not seem to be insulin.I have been lowering the dose of Lantus and then the increase because it seems little to me.

Despite what I eat, I have noticed the freestyle that I barely put my head in the pillow begins a descent of my blood sugar, without apparent explanation, and as if I had made an insulin adjustment before going to sleep.This occurs despite having eaten a collation, of the time to which I ceno, of my blood sugar level before going to sleep, and after having spent many hours without giving me any bolus or adjustments.

Another pattern that I have observed is that the line remains horizontal until 4-5 in the morning, at which time a sudden descent begins.

In the afternoon-to attach, I must make adjustments since if the sugar does not make it tends to be high.But I see that during sleep hours insulin seems to have a much greater effect, or perhaps it is a liver theme that releases a lot of glucagon in the afternoon and during the dream does not work.My diabetologists have told me that it may be that during the day my liver releases more glucagon because I am more active but that does not leave enough reserves for the night.But, come on, it is a kind of conjecture, of what could be, without greater explanation ..

Does something like that happen to someone else?

Thanks, thousands!

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/12/2022 8 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Sami, the same thing happened to my daughter the first months of using Lantus, I put it at night.
When the problem was solved in the morning, the dose could even increase a little so that it lasts 24 hours.
The last hours of Lantus are less active, so it no longer tends to go down at night..
I don't know what time you put it on ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2022 8:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I give it tomorrow.
It is not the dose of Lantus.I gave myself 20 and I started going down, today I am 15 from Lantus, and despite this I start to go down in the dream, the downturn appearing at 4-5 in the morning.I could have been hours before going to sleep at a high or stable level, it doesn't matter, I enter the dream and the descent begins.
Do you have any explanation?

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/12/2022 9:59 p.m.

Well, Ami just retired and prescribed me toujeo 300uni./ml.because with Lantus lately from 6 in the morning I traced the grlucose until I got up at 8 with 160 or more.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
05/12/2022 10:04 p.m.

I have been living alone for many years, and although luckily I have not had any severe nocturnal hypoglycemia (not waking up) at that time, I had had them when I lived with my parents or with my ex.

To heal myself in health, and especially when I still used a mixture before dinner (without basal), I always try to sleep at least 150. If I am below, I make a small resopon.I prefer to calculate that I am going to get up to 180, so that those strangers (but existing) days that I am at 100 less allow me to continue living.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/13/2022 12:16 p.m.

pot said:
Well, they just retired and prescribed toujeo 300uni./ml.because with Lantus lately from 6 in the morning I traced the grlucose until I got up at 8 with 160 or more.

And how was your experience with Toujeo?
I have just recommended toujeo to avoid nocturnal hypo.What they told me in the Diabetics Association of my country is that the Lantus insulin, which is the one that currently uses, has a different behavior when the basal metabolism enters to function, that is when it is at rest.In addition, the Lantus does not have a stable and constant absorption, that causes it to have greater action peaks and low peaks.
At this point I don't know what to believe ...: neutral:

Sami's profile photo
Sami
07/12/2022 12:41 a.m.

Well, I use Abasaglar and the truth is that very well, at first they gave me hypos because I put it at night, when I changed it in the morning, great;Some days "sauteed" I got off and recommended me to lower my dose from 15 to 13 or but 12 and I have stayed with the latter .... I go to bed with about 100 and I am getting up in approximately 80 and peak.A trick is to put the alarm at 80 and so it gives me reaction time to a hypo (so I do not have it because the shortcut eating 3 or 4 small piquitos of bread.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/13/2022 9:51 a.m.

Toujeo is very flat, I change from Levemir in 2 doses to Toujeo 1 dose.
No hypos if I go to bed in 95, I get up similar.
Of course, when I changed it cost me 2 weeks to adjust the dose

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/13/2022 2:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Cassie said:
Well I use abasaglar and the truth is that very well, at first they gave me hypos because I put it at night, when I changed it in the morning, great;Some days "sauteed" I got off and recommended me to lower my dose from 15 to 13 or but 12 and I have stayed with the latter .... I go to bed with about 100 and I am getting up in approximately 80 and peak.A trick is to put the alarm to 80 and so it gives me reaction time to a hypo (so I do not have it because the shortcut eating 3 or 4 small piquitos of bread.

Hello!
But what is the difference between Lantus and Abasaglar in terms of nocturnal?Because as I read Abasaglar is a copy of Lantus.
Yesterday my diabetologist told me that as time goes by with diabetes, the pancreas cells that call the liver to secrear glucagon are affected in basal metabolism.It is for this reason that our response to "basal" hypo is slower than someone without diabetes.What happens to me is that when entering the dream, at the exact minute I would say, the curve begins to slowly go down, or there is more insulin or there is no glucagon.I want even to approach as much as possible to a single answer, is it a hormonal theme, is the effect of the Lantus, are the years with diabetes, is what Ceno?Does anyone else happen?In the Diabet association they tell me that this happens to all diabetics.
And, ultimately, continuing to ask is useless, I take different responses from everywhere! .. Which means that no one knows, as it always happened with diabetes, it is to the Boleo with airs of science and each organism is a world.
I have 32 years of DT1, since I was a child, and I must recognize that in those times even with the NPH and the control with the color ribbons, it did not have so much variability.
How much do you have diabetes?I ask you because they advise you to go to sleep with 160 approx and 12 basal units is very little, at least for someone with years of evolution of the disease.That must be taken into account, it is not the same to be a recent diabetic than to be years ago ..

Sami's profile photo
Sami
07/13/2022 3 p.m.

ruthbia said:
toujeo is very flat, I change from leveming in 2 doses to toujeo 1 dose.
No hypos if I go to bed in 95, I get up similar.
Of course, when I changed it cost me 2 weeks to adjust the dose

Yes, I will have to try it!

Sami's profile photo
Sami
07/13/2022 4:50 p.m.

The same thing happens to me a while, I have gone from nocturnal hypers to hypos, I use Tresiba, my lantus or lesson did not go well that I know Lantus and Levemir are qualified as 24 h but according to my endocrineHis effect arrives at 12 h, I put it on at night and arrived at 250-300 at night and if tomorrow he arrived in the very high morning

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/14/2022 12:06 a.m.

rogerix said:
The same thing happens to me a while, I have gone from nocturnal hypersThey are qualified as 24 h but as my endocrine told me, it does not reach his effect at 12 h,/Blockquote>

Lantus is once a day, I give it to my tomorrow and my dances are nocturnal, which is when the effect of insulin is going down.So, 24 hours lasts for sure.About Levemir, I understand that it is injected twice a day, that is, its effect is 12hs.
I did not understand you at all .. that is, when you used Lantus or Levemir, did you have hyper and now with threeiba do you have hypos?That was what you said?

Sami's profile photo
Sami
07/14/2022 1:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.