FreeSyLE and ACCUE Chek Active glucose measurement difference

Sami's profile photo   05/21/2022 9:08 p.m.

Good
I am almost new here, I read them but I did not join the club until the other day ..;)
I use Abbott's free freestyle and I also measured my old with the accu chek active.I take my precautions, such as placing the sensor 24 hours before and avoiding starting when there are ups/down.Also that the finger is clean before control, the clean device, not touch the reactive area, etc.That is, everything in order.
I know that diabetes is very personal, each body takes it in its own way, but I am worried about differences between meters.Before asking, I looked at the Opinions forum and I didn't find much.There was someone who said that this is common and that the solution is to be governed by a single glucometer without making comparisons, but it seems to me an effective and even dangerous solution, because if the sensor marks me 100 and I am happy for lifeThinking that my levels are perfect, but glycosilada is discharged, I don't see that it is a solution.
For example, sometimes the same freestyle sensor has a big difference with the accu chek blood glucometer during every day I wear, a 40 or more gap, the Freestyle brand 110 and the accu chek 160, Freestyle 130 and acuChek 180. The same happens to me, the accu chek brand 85 and the sensor can be in 50 or less.Although the differences with the dowers are generally shorter.
What if I feel down to compare?Well, sometimes it is difficult to realize because the body does not always warn you in the same way or the symptoms are not always so notorious, we know all the diabetic.In addition, during the day that is when the symptoms are more noticeable, it is uncommon for a dowarry because I am constantly measuring myself, but at night the symptoms are more diffuse because I am sleeping, and at night it is when I am more likely toHaving dances, but the symptoms such as waking up with a headache depends on the amount of time I was with low sugar and other variables.
And what did I do so far?
- I measured with Glimp and Edro-Pletnfc applications, and they do the same as free freestyle, there is some difference but it is less.That is not the glucometer, or does it not rule it since the glucometer is the one that activates the sensor?(?).
- I measured in blood with the freestyle tapes, and to my surprise I don't care as using interstitial measurement sensor.That is, it is probably not a sensor problem but, perhaps, of the difference between laboratory brands and the technologies they use to measure blood glucose, although I do not know.
- I am waiting for time with my diabetologists for 2 weeks and ask for a measurement with blood extraction, prior I measure me with the free and with the accu chek tapes.

For those who have had these types of situations, do you have differences between laboratories? Which laboratory is more recommended according to your experiences?

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/21/2022 9:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my opinion, comparing different glucometer brands, they will offer different results.For me the best sensor I have tried over my 37 years living with diabetes, is the contour Next.
I check capillary just before analytics and despite being different types of measurements, you have very similar values.
ABBOT meters I stopped using them years ago, before interstitial measurement, because according to my estimates with capillaries, my glycosilada should be lower, although it is true that at night I did not carry out controls on penalties, my last control before bedtimeAnd the first of the day were similar.It is when I started to measure myself just before the analysis and discover that the values ​​were very different in Abbot, to the contour Next ... that for me it is very reliable.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/21/2022 10:25 p.m.

@Merchedm that is that the Abbot glucometer threw a value less than the real?
The problem is that we do not have major laboratory options in interstitial measurement.It is freestyle or nothing.

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/21/2022 10:37 p.m.

Abbot always below, yes.
Now compensate the difference using Diabox, which can be calibrated, with the capillary glycems of the competition meter 😁

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/21/2022 11:08 p.m.

@Merchedm Ah of course, that is, you use the Abbott sensor but instead of the Abbott glucometer you use an application that allows you to calibrate.It can be, because the measure is not that it goes to any side but that it follows a tendency that it is always in 40 or 50 above.What I have done is to do the controls without calibrating knowing that if the Free was in 140, it was 180-190 and made my adjustments based on that.But the same thing happened to me, and then I began to doubt if the one that was wrong was not the capillary because it does not always happen with all the sensors, a few have given me a lot of accuracy, with a difference of 5-8 nothing more.
I will tell you the same as few people who use the freestyle the capillary is measured and with another glucometer mark to verify, because it is not that the bias between glucometers is so widespread.I do not speak of differences of 10 but of 40, 50 or more.Even the people of health have no idea, the other day I told them that in the Free it gave me a downturn for hours at night until I woke up, while in the capillary I was 84;It tells me that it is because one is interstitial measurement and that I had increased to 84 ... a disaster!
In addition, Abbott has its own tapes, so many people directly use Abbott's tapes to have everything in the same device, but the issue is that they give the same bias as the interstitial.There are people who give them quite accurate, I don't know if they go in the amount of platelets, in circulation, or something, I don't know.
Thanks for the data!

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/21/2022 11:57 p.m.

@Sami, there are sensors that are going very well, others not so much and usually fail more in recent days.Compare with the glucometer and if you see that the difference is large calls Abbot, that they send you another sensor, because some are defective.
Let's see if the free3 comes better.
The Dexcom is so far the most accurate sensor, but in Spain the one that is subsidized is the free, for the moment ..
Compare the glycosilada of the analytics with which you get in the sensor and you see what you can get ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2022 5:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina Thank you very much for answering!
But have you given differences of 40 or more?
How many sensors have you had to change so far this year?
What glucometer do you use to measure capillary?Abbott's?
Yes, it may be that if it comes badly, the last days worsen.The next one I will call to see what they tell me, although it would happen to me by calling: Sweat_smile :.They are almost all defective !!
The strange thing is that Abbott's hair glucometer did not matter to me the sensor that is also Abbott, but not the same as Roche's accu chek capillary.With these results, the first thing that seems to me is that the difference goes in the brand.But capable of being the two things, between some are defective and that Abbott has a downward bias.What a roll !!
I will see the capillary again with Abbott strips and check when they make me the extraction of blood.
I am from Uruguay, Dexcom is not here and I don't think it arrives.We only have freestyle and it is not yet subsidized, you have to buy it particular.Bombs subsidize but only those under 15 and pregnant women, others fuck.As the laboratory did not serve to bring the freestyle here, it will be that as we are just 3 million and some inhabitants do not sell so much, a large mobilization was made by the Association of Diabetics of Uruguay and groups of people with diabetes so that whatThey brought, and it was achieved at the beginning of 2020, before 2020 you had to bring it from Argentina.This part of the world did not arrive the Freestyle 2, we still have the 1, so we have no alarms or measurement without having to pass the glucometer.Free 3 is going to be distributed in Europe, hopefully arrives within 5 years.We'll see!

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/22/2022 6:30 a.m.

With the Free, in my case, I was going down about 40 or 50 on average.The value of the estimated AC1 app, was of a 6.2 to 6.9 scandal in analytics with Free 1.
Now with the Free2, it has more accuracy in most sensors, which is the one that I have been going below, but also usually goes below reality, the last 6.8 analytics in the laboratory and according to the APP 6.5.
If you can afford Miao Miao, it allows you to make the free a "continuous" meter and with different app you can calibrate it.
It is the tranquility of just looking at the mobile or a myband bracelet know what values ​​you walk with some security.
I was carrying it, now with the 2, I have got out of the intermediate system and is more comfortable.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/22/2022 8:19 a.m.

Well, the only difference between 1 and 2 is that the 1 has NFC while the 2 in addition to the NFC has Bluetooth, which is what allows an application to measure every 5 minutes and alarms.There should be no greater difference in precision because they are the same as not for the Bluetooth.
A few hours ago I activated another sensor and the measurement barely differs with the accu chek glucometer.I will have to be alert to bias and continue investigating but for now it is best to calibrate.
I have thought about having Miao Miao, buying it in Argentina, in Uruguay there is no.
Thank you!

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/22/2022 9:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.