{'en': 'Just diagnosed diabetic', 'es': 'Recién diagnosticado Diabético'} Image

Just diagnosed diabetic

luisarcas's profile photo   06/02/2022 12:04 p.m.

Hello!

I am 56 years old and today I have taken a joy.

My family doctor calls me and tells me that I am diabetic.I had pancreatitis in 2019 and it is seen that it doesn't work very well.

I have been reading a little here but I see that your cases are with more symptoms and more controls.At the moment I have only prescribed metformin 2 times a day and reinforce gymnastics and food but without telling me quantities or anything, only what food discards.Also say that I suffered a heart attack in 2018 arranged with the placement of 4 stents.

I am not obese (I am a little above my weight) so I see that there are many types of diabetes.

This is so or everyone starts in a gentle way and is progressing for the passing of the years?

Anyway, a greeting and I would offer me to help but as you can see, I am a new one a few hours ago.

Greetings,

luisarcas's profile photo
luisarcas
06/02/2022 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Luisarcas.I am a type 1 diabetic since January 2022, was the gift that Mr. Covid left me ... At first they started treating me as type 2, with metformin also for 3 months, until an analytical and a visit to the hospital revealedThat it was not my case ... now I am trying to do it ... They told me that if you have a good control being type 2 you can stop the advance, but that if I did not take care I could end up being type 1. I have startedFor high, without notices, without having anyone in my family that is ..... and it is hard .... I am 46 years old and two young children.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
06/02/2022 12:27 p.m.

Hi Cassie,
Thanks for interested in !!!I believe that I am type 2 because I already tell you, this morning the doctor has only told me that I am diabetic, or type 1 or 2, nor 3 .. (but I imagine that reading what you publish sure is of 2 because mySymptoms do not notice them as very strong), foods to discard and call me for analytics and visit the podiatrist and ophthalmologist, and to prescribe medicine and vitamins.And all by phone .. I do not say that I have no job, but I could have quoted in the consultation or give me a brochure ..: Smile:
Anyway, I will continue to read and learn.
Greetings and strong, life and family are worth it.

luisarcas
06/02/2022 12:34 p.m.

Luisarcas said:
hello!I am 56 years old and today I have taken a joy.My family doctor calls me and tells me that I am diabetic.I had pancreatitis in 2019 and it is seen that it doesn't work very well.
I have been reading a little here but I see that your cases are with more symptoms and more controls.At the moment I have only prescribed metformin 2 times a day and reinforce gymnastics and food but without telling me quantities or anything, only what food discards.Also say that I suffered a heart attack in 2018 arranged with the placement of 4 stents.
I am not obese (I am a little above my weight) so I see that there are many types of diabetes.
This is so or everyone starts in a gentle way and is progressing for the passing of the years?
Anyway, a greeting and I would offer me to help but as you see I am new to a few hours ago

Link

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/02/2022 8:31 p.m.

@Luisarrcas

Tell your family doctor who sends you to an endocrine.They have to make a blood analytics to know what type of diabetes you have.There are markers, peptic C, and gad antibodies among others who serve.You do not have to make an expert, but it is very important and it is not of receipt that they do not make that blood analytical and that they do not tell you what type of diabetes you have.The most likely type 2. But analytics is very important.

It would also be very useful that you recipe a blood sugar meter and of course the corresponding tests, so that you do hair controls from time to time.When you read and know about your diabetes better.Tell him to inform you or who sends you to a center where they advise you.The information is vital.

You can change your doctor.

At the moment, avoid excess carbohydrates type white bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, juices.Look in diabetes pages and it would be very useful that you learn little by little and look at the products on the labels and look at the gr of carbohydrates that they have.Little by little, but you have to learn food.That more some sport, in your case it is best to walk regularly, it will help you a lot.Without obsessing but without neglecting.A balance.At first it is not easy

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/02/2022 8:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Good morning jldiazdel and other foreros !!
I know that they do not seem normal to be called, they tell you that you have regular news and release this diagnosis without more, but it was so.At the moment I hope the appointment for an analytics that has told me that today they will give me.From there, I will act.Today I started with medication and withdraw bread, rice, etc. Since of yesterday.But until you have the analytics I don't know where to throw.The glucose that made the alarm jump its value was 223, so what have seen what you tell here is not very high.Equal to something punctual, I don't know.He also told me that a value that measures the average glucose at 3 months (I think it is) was altered.If, from pancreatitis, glucose values ​​were over 105-113 but the digestive doctor was controlling every 6 months.
Anyway, I will continue reading, learning and asking.
Thank you for dedicating your time to read and answer me.And thanks for spending time to the forum.Do not know the help and tranquility you give.
All the best

luisarcas
06/03/2022 9:45 a.m.

Hello diabetic,
I just entered the link that you have indicated to me and I observe that there is a type 3 that I did not have controlled.I think it fits me more for the background of pancreatitis suffered.
I must clarify that I do not drink alcohol, one of the main causes, but determined congenital elements and a Divisum pancreas.
Anyway, I will continue to inform myself and ask my digestive doctor.

Thank you!

luisarcas
06/03/2022 10:40 a.m.

Luisarcas said:
hello diabetics,
I just entered the link that you have indicated to me and I observe that there is a type 3 that I did not have controlled.I think it fits me more for the background of pancreatitis suffered.
I must clarify that I do not drink alcohol, one of the main causes, but determined congenital elements and a Divisum pancreas.
Anyway, I will continue to inform myself and ask my digestive doctor.

Thanks!

Not only does alcohol cause pancreatitis, it is very frequent that if you have sand in the vesicula, it is released to the intestine and can go to pancreas causing collapse and inflammation, inflammation destroys the islets, formed by
ce Lulas beta in charge of insulin manufacturing among others and this causes diabetes more similar to 1 than at 2, and as soon as possible the endocrine will stop crushing the liver and the pancreas with medication that if you give results at the beginning at the beginning at the beginningbut in the long run it will be insufficient. Release this because it is easier to assimilate a DT2

diabestico
06/03/2022 1:17 p.m.

Hello diabetic, thanks for answering me !!!
I was diagnosed with idiopathic pancreatitis, without clear cause, since it was not produced by alcohol, or by sand ... they blamed him for genetic problem and the Divisum pancreas.
Today they have called me for visiting next 21 at Cap.I imagine that some test will send me.Meanwhile, I am not sure what it is and if I am really diabetic, whatever type, stop taking the medication.I will do a little diet that also hurts but nothing more.I don't think it comes from 2 weeks.The nurse who has called me was not clear that the doctor was based to diagnose diabetes.And the glucose value of 223, so I have read here, even being high, is one of the lowest.I don't know, if they are not clarified among them ..
Anyway, I'll tell you !!!
Thank you!

luisarcas
06/03/2022 5:43 p.m.

@Luisarcas: A 223 glucose is a high value.In your place I would take the medication they have given you.You will tell us.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/03/2022 7:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Luisarcas said:
Hi diabetic, thanks for answering me !!!
I was diagnosed with idiopathic pancreatitis, without clear cause, since it was not produced by alcohol, or by sand ... they blamed him for genetic problem and the Divisum pancreas.
Today they have called me for visiting next 21 at Cap.I imagine that some test will send me.Meanwhile, I am not sure what it is and if I am really diabetic, whatever type, stop taking the medication.I will do a little diet that also hurts but nothing more.I don't think it comes from 2 weeks.The nurse who has called me was not clear that the doctor was based to diagnose diabetes.And the glucose value of 223, so I have read here, even being high, is one of the lowest.I don't know, if they are not clarified among them ..
Thank you!

Hello Luis.Metformin is not going to do badly if you tolerate it well.It does not give dances or anything, it only prevents part of hydrates from moving to the bloodstream, improves insulin resistance and makes the liver produce less glucose.If you have given any high value, it will be good for you.Unfortunately pancreatitis is the culprit of many diabetes.You may not be diabetic but that metformin will not hurt you, you can be calm (in fact it became fashionable to lose weight and there are people who take it without being diabetic)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/03/2022 7:51 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
Luisarcas said:
hello diabetics, thanks for answering me !!!
Thank you!

Hello Luis.Metformin is not going to do badly if you tolerate it well.It does not give dances or anything, it only prevents part of hydrates from moving to the bloodstream, improves insulin resistance and makes the liver produce less glucose.If you have given any high value, it will be good for you.Unfortunately pancreatitis is the culprit of many diabetes.You may not be diabetic but that metformin is not going to hurt you, you can be calm (in fact it became fashionable to delgazar and there are people who take it without being diabetic)

I agree with metformin although it seems something else is a natural medication, we are going from a plant and except physical intolerances such as diarrhea, nausea etc ... It has no other worrying
Metformin is a derivative of a plant called Galician officinalis, vulgarly Rud

diabestico
06/03/2022 8:01 p.m.

Hello everyone!
Thank you very much for advising me and dedicating your time !!I am now taking it since Saturday.If I have noticed on Saturday and Sunday stomach pain, generalized tiredness, diarrhea ... but today it seems better.
I only wait for the 21st to talk to the nurse to request other analysis or other test confirming the diagnosis to be taking medication (even natural) without coming to mind and adding them to those already taken by the heart and pancreas..And if I have to be honest, I am already tired of so much mediation, of so much control, now diet ... in short, it must be the downturn because as yesterday was holiday in Catalonia and today we have returned to work after the bridge ...: Smiley:
Thank you again for spending your time to advise me.I will continue in your forum studying, learning and above all, understanding this disease.
Greetings and thanks!

luisarcas
06/07/2022 4:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.