{'en': 'Supply of material, how to survive without insulin and meters?', 'es': 'Abastecimiento de material, ¿como sobrevivir sin insulina y medidores?'} Image

Supply of material, how to survive without insulin and meters?

Natom's profile photo   06/02/2022 1:14 p.m.

Hello!

I am Natalia, I debuted in 2019 (T1) and I think it is the first time I write here, but I have read the forum a lot.😊

The other day I was at a conference in which they commented that the problems of supply and/or little availability of some raw materials (due to natural exhaustion or human conflicts) could put at risk many things we know in a few years.

When people think about dystopia, many things imagine, but who we are.Insulin -dependent, we depend on that, on a lot of things we need to control glucose.

My question is, have you ever imagined how to survive on the worst scenario?

If we did not have reactive or insulin strips, what strategies do you think we could continue in an emergency?

Thank you!

Natom's profile photo
Natom
06/02/2022 1:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Without insulin I don't think we can do anything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/02/2022 2:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

But we discussed it here a few months ago.And a forero who had a diabetic grandfather, said he survived the Spanish Civil War.

If at that time it could be survived, I imagine that today it would be practically impossible for us to stay without some kind of insulin.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/02/2022 3:14 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Diet, exercise and a peaceful and without HCS life, and except for extreme cases we would survive

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/02/2022 8:24 p.m.

diabetic said:
diet, exercise and a peaceful life and without HCS, and except extreme cases we survive

That would be type2.The type1 (which are not on honeymoon) if we do not click we enter a coma in a couple of days.Although we don't eat anything.Let's do diet or exercise.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/03/2022 1:33 a.m.

natom said:
my question is, have you ever imagined how to survive on the worst scenario?If we did not have reactive or insulin strips, what strategies do you think we could continue in an emergency?

No reactive strips, being as regular as possible in terms of diet and exercise.

Without insulin, we are type I, dedicating the first hours to say goodbye to our loved ones.We will spend the following.Coma and death by ketoacidosis from the third or fourth day at most.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
06/03/2022 8:13 a.m.

12mas37 said:
natom said:
my question is, have you ever imagined how to survive in the worst scenario?If we did not have reactive or insulin strips, what strategies do you think we could continue in an emergency?

No reactive strips, being as regular as possible in terms of diet and exercise.

Without insulin, we are type I, dedicating the first hours to say goodbye to our loved ones.We will spend the following.Coma and death by ketoacidosis from the third or fourth day at most.

Clearly, without insulin ... but my question is actually born of something that catches my attention, my personal experience.

I was lucky that they diagnosed me quickly with a routine analytical.I was 330 on an empty stomach and a glycosilada of 11.5

I suspect that by then I had already been about 4 to 6 months, and in part I asked for the analytics for that.Hunger, thirst, cramps, extreme tiredness and Google.And I wonder how I could be so long, but I also suspect that we would have some hope.

Surely I lack information and you know more about the subject, but once I saw a conference in which they talked about diabetes before the invention of insulin, and with the restriction of food, life expectancy was around two years.Of course, in terror conditions.

Natom's profile photo
Natom
06/03/2022 9:01 a.m.

@Natom you were so long because you would be on honeymoon.

With the pancreas exhausted, the result is different ...

anif's profile photo
anif
06/03/2022 9:41 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
@natom you were so time because you would be on honeymoon.

With the pancreas exhausted, the result is different ...

I understand, thanks!

Natom's profile photo
Natom
06/03/2022 11:58 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
diabetic said:
diet, exercise and a peaceful life and without HCS, and except extreme cases we survive

That would be type2.The type1 (which are not on honeymoon) if we do not click we enter a coma in a couple of days.Although we don't eat anything.Let's do diet or exercise.

You are right, I was thinking of DT2 and I have not explained myself well

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/03/2022 1:04 p.m.

diabetic said:
sherpa41 said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
diet, exercise and a peaceful life and without HCS,And except for extreme cases we survived

You are right, I was thinking of DT2 and I have not explained myself well

The type 2 to which the pancreas works, of course.To which no ... same end.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/03/2022 7:53 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.